ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the board

Nov 17, 2018
After 18 years on brand X I am no longer interested in subscribing to a site that continually does everything it can to undermine CML.

I venture over here on occasion and see many ex CF.C member now participating on this site.

Couple questions:

1. For those who are paying members can you provide you input on the quality of football recruiting stories, updates etc.

2. Does the War room garner most of the traffic or is the Lair where everyone hangs out?

Thanks in advance.

Go Cougs

Reactions: Cougatron
After 18 years on brand X I am no longer interested in subscribing to a site that continually does everything it can to undermine CML.

I venture over here on occasion and see many ex CF.C member now participating on this site.

Couple questions:

1. For those who are paying members can you provide you input on the quality of football recruiting stories, updates etc.

2. Does the War room garner most of the traffic or is the Lair where everyone hangs out?

Thanks in advance.

Go Cougs
Same story here. SweepCA? The Lair is actually the War Room. The Lair gets the hits. I''m a member here because they cover the same stuff and Scott does an excellent job of reporting. I really, really have little respect for bx's opinion pieces or their "insight" into sports.

Reactions: earldacoug
Lair is where most of the action is. Scott does a good job with insider articles so feel free to subscribe.

Couple questions:

Thanks in advance.

Go Cougs

Glad to have you.

Honestly, I have both. For no real reason, really. The one thing I really like about here is the fact I am able to "watch" a particular forum and receive emails when there are new topics. If you have a busy work life and aren't able to follow recruiting, practices, etc. throughout the course of the day, that option is extremely valuable as I receive notifications when posts are made.

Honestly, I have both. For no real reason, really. The one thing I really like about here is the fact I am able to "watch" a particular forum and receive emails when there are new topics. If you have a busy work life and aren't able to follow recruiting, practices, etc. throughout the course of the day, that option is extremely valuable as I receive notifications when posts are made.

Huh. I didn’t know that was possible.

Welcomed Sweep2. 99% of the posts are on Lair. The free board that you're on now.

That said, it's a good recommendation to become a premium member, because you'll get so much out of our boards, and two.....you'll feel better. :)

Last edited:
Huh. I didn’t know that was possible.
Yup... look at the top of the page. You can "watch" forums or "watch" threads. Then set up your alert preferences to email you whatever you're looking for. Play around with it... it's something I greatly enjoyed at Brand X until the rebrand washed all of that away. Kind of a game-changer if you live a busy lifestyle.

Lair is where most of the action is. Scott does a good job with insider articles so feel free to subscribe.

I was just going to say that to you, Tron. :rolleyes:

To Sweep2 and other newcomers, welcome aboard. And as said, 99% of the discussion takes place on this free(loader) board, which is very unusual compared to other team sites. It is annoying because they post over here, then I go over there and often even though I am a Rivals paid subscriber I can't get to their board because I am not a subscriber to THEIR site. Unless I am just stupid, which has been suggested (wrongly) a few times here.

This is a fun place. Usually. I would like to see more discussion on the subscriber board, but we just never get any traction over there. Hopefully that can still change. I subscribe mainly just to support the site, although the articles are good.

My all-knowing counsel is to follow my posts closely, as I am, well, all-knowing, and an all around nice guy. Be wary of who else you align yourselves with because some posters (not me) will log every post you ever make and drag them out 5 years later and skewer you for some random comment probably made in jest.

Here is a list of "safe" posters that you can be supportive of without making enemies of others: __________

Go Cougs. Gotta go get ready for the game. Oh and tomorrow I am going to start a rant post about Pac-12 scheduling of late season games including the Apple Cup. I think we will have major concurrence on that one. Peace to all - er most - of you tonight.o_O

Reactions: ATLcoug10
I was a paying member at brand x and recently quit for the same reason (although I miss jayrrah’s posts).

Cougar lair is where it’s at, I’m now a paying member to help cover the forum's costs.

I must warn you that there is one long time poster here who has something like 10,000 posts and only three “likes” who you will first think is drunk when he posts, then you’ll wonder if he is cognitively impaired, but in any event you’ll find he hijacks threads and is a complete waste of time.

As soon as you recognize him (he tends to post a lot more when things aren’t going well for the cougs), use the “ignore” function and you will block all his posts.

The board is so much more enjoyable once I did this.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was a paying member at brand x and recently quit for the same reason (although I miss jayrrah’s posts).

Cougar lair is where it’s at, I’m now a paying member to help cover the forum's costs.

I must warn you that there is one long time poster here who has something like 10,000 posts and only three “likes” who you will first think is drunk when he posts, then you’ll wonder if he is cognitively impaired, but in any event you’ll find he hijacks threads and is a complete waste of time.

As soon as you recognize him (he tends to post a lot more when things aren’t going well for the cougs), use the “ignore” function and you will block all his posts.

The board is so much more enjoyable once I did this.

Enjoy!

Yeah Josh is a very talented writer. Love his work!

I have been lurking here long enough to differentiate the sane from the insane. Don't plan on posting all that much...probably just lurk and read some recruiting tidbits.

Someone mentioned they are getting their updates from Twitter and Facebook. No way on God green earth would I ever partake in that toxicity. Hell...there is enough venom coming out of Witter's fangs on brand "group think", why in the wide wide world of sports would anyone subject themselves to Twitter and Facebook is beyond me. Just my .02.

Bone the Dawgs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT