ADVERTISEMENT

Random Fact of the day

Flatlandcoug

Hall Of Fame
Aug 14, 2007
Wichita, Kansas
First, I'm presenting this just for perspective, and I'm in no way suggesting that Paul Wulff is a good coach, but I wanted to pass on some tidbits from a recent CFN article about the University of Kansas and the dreadful state of their football program.

KU is 1-32 against FBS teams in the past three years under Dave Beatty. If not for one failed fourth down conversion by Texas, they would be 0-33. They are 9-86 against FBS teams going back to 2009. From 2009-17, the Jayhawks were 4-73 against conference opponents.

So, whenever you are thinking about how bad things were under Wulff and you are thinking of our misery, realize that there is no way for us to truly fathom how terrible it is to be a fan of KU football right now. I feel bad for those poor bastards because 2008-10 was as bad as what they've suffered through, but they've been doing it for three times as long.

If you were only a football fan, then yeah...that's a neck-yourself situation.

But, and it's a big but, they seem to have a halfway decent basketball program. With a little bit more work (chase down layups, scarecrow tiggy drill, maybe mix some Bobby Knight VHS tapes into the fold), they could possibly grow into a powerhouse someday. So, KU fans do have that going for them...

Flat, I find it interesting that the KSU of the latter '70's and '80's is now KU.

If you were only a football fan, then yeah...that's a neck-yourself situation.

But, and it's a big but, they seem to have a halfway decent basketball program. With a little bit more work (chase down layups, scarecrow tiggy drill, maybe mix some Bobby Knight VHS tapes into the fold), they could possibly grow into a powerhouse someday. So, KU fans do have that going for them...

Well, the good news for KU is that they do make so much money on basketball that they have the money to do a major renovation of the football stadium as part of a $350 million sports facility plan. Plus, as you said, if you don't mind terrible football, there's something to be said for being a Final Four contender most years.

That's the Bill Snyder effect. Coaching matters

Had to go look up Kansas' record. Hard to believe they went 12-1 with an Orange Bowl victory under Mangino in 2007. He resigned under fire for alleged player abuse in 2009 after going 5-7. They haven't won more than 3 games since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT