ADVERTISEMENT

RB depth: does it get addressed after spring?

Borghi's obviously the guy but hasn't Dubots shown some flashes? They have 2 true freshman who will get looks in the fall as well.

It's been a bit lost but wasn't there a spot left of the 25 we can sign this year?

We are indeed a bit thin but operable. Borghi and Dubots are doing well if one believes the reports and the Fullback, Markoff(?), has done well. As Ferris noted, we have a couple of freshmen coming in. With only one RB needed on the field in most cases, we are fine.

Some folks here might finally get their way, with Woods as a hybrid slot/tight end and Markoff as a fullback. I actually wonder how well Woods would do as the trigger man in the Big Gulp. In all seriousness, Harrell's version of the Air Raid is something I miss, and even if Helton doesn't last at USC (strong chance he doesn't) Graham is going to find a place to settle in and terrorize his rivals

Some folks here might finally get their way, with Woods as a hybrid slot/tight end and Markoff as a fullback. I actually wonder how well Woods would do as the trigger man in the Big Gulp. In all seriousness, Harrell's version of the Air Raid is something I miss, and even if Helton doesn't last at USC (strong chance he doesn't) Graham is going to find a place to settle in and terrorize his rivals
What? Harrell has never ran his version of the Air Raid at WSU.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
If he ran a 4.45...he'd be Okoye. Dude bounced off of him. It happens. Good ugly yards. Isn't Jamir Thomas a RB?
It happens more often when the DB loses sight of the ballcarrier and fails to wrap up. Especially when the DB gives away 30+ lbs to the ballcarrier.

It's something I find maddening with defensive players. Don't just hit - tackle. That means use your arms.

What? Harrell has never ran his version of the Air Raid at WSU.

Not all of it, but the extra wrinkles Leach employed while Harrell was in his ear (jumbo sets with 2 extra linemen as tight ends, 3 back set under center, etc) made better use of the backs, I thought, than we have since

The only part of the field the AR doesnt attack is between the tackles. Im dying to see what happens when they call 21 run plays. 7 for MB, 7 for the QB and 7 for a bruiser. Make the defense stretch even more.

Like others have said, we will be fine. We have 2 scholarship freshman that will be on campus fairly soon, Jamir Thomas (big back) and Jouvensly Bazil (all purpose back).

I like Markoff’s toughness, but I don’t think he’s fast enough to be a regular contributor in our offense.

I like Markoff’s toughness, but I don’t think he’s fast enough to be a regular contributor in our offense.

Perhaps, but we used to do a lot of 2 back sets with Wicks/Morrow/Williams. If he's a strong blocker, then they may go back to those sets more often. He would be fun to see as a lead blocker for Borghi.

Perhaps, but we used to do a lot of 2 back sets with Wicks/Morrow/Williams. If he's a strong blocker, then they may go back to those sets more often. He would be fun to see as a lead blocker for Borghi.

The defense is dropping 8 into coverage. Who is he gonna hit? Just give a big back the ball and force the defense into 4 down linemen.

Reactions: froropmkr72
The defense is dropping 8 into coverage. Who is he gonna hit? Just give a big back the ball and force the defense into 4 down linemen.
Yup. This was my thought. A little smash mouth brought in for the Air Raid. So he's slow. He'll still get 10 yards between them dropping 8 and then him laying the flat on their backs.

That aint happening....
If he proves to be a threat to hit the secondary every time we hand off to him, it will.

I really like the possibilities. If we've got a wrecking ball up the middle, Borghi (a smaller, faster wrecking ball) off tackle, and 3 WRs, it forces the defense into some tough choices...and most aren't going to have the pieces to cover all 3.

Even if Borghi is taking a breather (or is split out), the threat is 4 WRs or Markoff up the middle. The D has to pick what it's afraid of.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
If he proves to be a threat to hit the secondary every time we hand off to him, it will.

I really like the possibilities. If we've got a wrecking ball up the middle, Borghi (a smaller, faster wrecking ball) off tackle, and 3 WRs, it forces the defense into some tough choices...and most aren't going to have the pieces to cover all 3.

Even if Borghi is taking a breather (or is split out), the threat is 4 WRs or Markoff up the middle. The D has to pick what it's afraid of.
Or hell... even if WSU puts him out there as a decoy 90% of the time... but that one time he was handed the ball, he ran and ran and ran...

Remember, it's the threat of it that keeps the D honest. Air Raid will still be the Air Raid. But between Borghi and Markoff (in my opinion), the threat is real. Because the D will never know if it's going to be a flat route or a run. But it'll keep them from dropping 8. It'll keep them honest. We have RB's that are a legit threat if they are on the field.

I saw the FB do three things I liked. First, he caught the ball well, looking it all the way in. Second, he turned sharply upfield...a N/S ball runner. Third, he brought contact to the DB. I don't see him ever being a breakaway threat, but he should be good for 3 yards in most flair situations, and he is a threat to run up the gut if the D is dropping a lot of guys, or has the DL in a pass rush configuration. Gives the QB an audible option. If all else fails he is a good max protect pass block component.

Now, would Leach actually use a FB that way? 5 years ago I would have said no. At this point I would go so far as to give a qualified, situational "maybe". If the D knew the FB was coming into the game, it would let them use a 3rd LB instead of a nickel, but I question whether they would be in a position to get the LB onto the field in time...especially if the play was not short yardage and they were not expecting him.

I have often debated to myself whether CML would ever use a FB or put a TE in the slot, and if he ever did one of those, which would come first. If we were deep at RB we probably would not have seen so much of Markoff this spring, but now that we've seen him, I suspect that CML will actually use him, at least situationally, this fall. And frankly, you have to admire a FB who is trying so hard in an Air Raid offense. The kid has fortitude. And if we know anything about Leach, it is that he appreciates kids who show intestinal fortitude.

And so far, no one is afraid of the running game. Not to the point they respect it so much they change their personnel.

Leach has essentially found a way to get every defense on the schedule to play the same scheme. Rush 3, drop 8. Imagine preparing your QB and entire offense for the same look every week???

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
And so far, no one is afraid of the running game. Not to the point they respect it so much they change their personnel.

Leach has essentially found a way to get every defense on the schedule to play the same scheme. Rush 3, drop 8. Imagine preparing your QB and entire offense for the same look every week???

Again it aint happening. Why do you think Leach will change what works for him?

Is he better than Wicks or any other back we have had?

Is he better than Wicks or any other back we have had?
We'll see. The biggest issue has been touched on above by a few people - it's only a threat if we'll actually use it. Too often, Wicks was on the field to watch us throw to Marks. Even if he averaged 10 yards per carry, he wasn't a concern if we only handed it to him 3-4 times per game. If we put Markoff out there and then don't give him the ball, the D doesn't have to respect him.

The only way we're going to get defenses to stop dropping 8 is to have at least one back who's a legitimate threat to gain meaningful yards between the tackles, and then show that we're willing to run.

Reactions: ATACFD
We'll see. The biggest issue has been touched on above by a few people - it's only a threat if we'll actually use it. Too often, Wicks was on the field to watch us throw to Marks. Even if he averaged 10 yards per carry, he wasn't a concern if we only handed it to him 3-4 times per game. If we put Markoff out there and then don't give him the ball, the D doesn't have to respect him.

The only way we're going to get defenses to stop dropping 8 is to have at least one back who's a legitimate threat to gain meaningful yards between the tackles, and then show that we're willing to run.

I stopped hoping a successful coach would do what i would do. I simply appreciate what he does do and live with some of the fallout that happens a couple times a year.

I stopped hoping a successful coach would do what i would do. I simply appreciate what he does do and live with some of the fallout that happens a couple times a year.

You don't live with the fallout. You are the fallout (pissing and moaning and mocking).

You don't live with the fallout. You are the fallout (pissing and moaning and mocking).

I’ll work on that . I will sing zip-pity doo dah even after if lose again in the apple cup. My bad.

Btw, I went back and looked at the post of yours I copied and pasted to the “professionals” that you wrote and had the typo in regards to my daughter . You know what is strange, you put in parenthesis “mea”. Yeah, that was a typo , “W(Bill Barr Redacted)”.

Last edited:

Preach!!!

We have seen what the offense can do without a run game and against 8 pass defenders.

I wanna see what it can do with a run game and 7 pass defenders.

I’ll work on that . I will sing zip-pity doo dah even after if lose again in the apple cup. My bad.

Btw, I went back and looked at the post of yours I copied and pasted to the “professionals” that you wrote and had the typo in regards to my daughter . You know what is strange, you put in parenthesis “mea”. Yeah, that was a typo , “West”.

Manic. Absolutely manic. You used a false pretense to disclose my name to what you call the professionals. You made a false report to the authorities is what you did, and that, you fvckhead, is a violation of state law, and one you were willing to commit to obtain my identity, which you have several times now divulged on this board. But you've gone beyond that. Mistake. Big mistake (edited for a typo: "identify" to "identity." You see, Ed, I correct my mistakes; too bad your mom didn't do the same when she got pregnant with you )

Last edited:
Manic. Absolutely manic. You used a false pretense to disclose my name to what you call the professionals. You made a false report to the authorities is what you did, and that, you fvckhead, is a violation of state law, and one you were willing to commit to obtain my identity, which you have several times now divulged on this board. But you've gone beyond that. Mistake. Big mistake (edited for a typo: "identify" to "identity." )

There is and was no violation of state law. Yes victim yaki. You have gone on for years posting stuff like a coworkers name . Then you post my daughter’s name. Funny you never once mentioned that the name you put in quotes was a typo until I put your name on the board.

Go back to January 13th and you will see where you posted my daughter’s name on purpose . I even played “dumb” so I could confirm it was done on purpose. There was a reason I copied what you wrote and made sure you couldn’t edit the posts.

Finally before I posted your Identity on the board way after I offered a truce and you wouldn’t have anything to do with it .

All I can say to you is finally thanks ...we now have a relationship on equal footing.

Last edited:
There is and was no violation of state law. Yes victim yaki. You have gone on for years posting stuff like a coworkers name . Then my daughters .

Go back to January 13th and you will see where you posted my daughters name on purpose . I even played “dumb” so to put you and show it was done on purpose. There was a reason I copied what you wrote and made sure you couldn’t edit the posts.

Finally before I posted your Identity on the board I offered a truce and you wouldn’t have anything to do with it .

All I can say to you is finally thanks ...we now have a relationship on equal footing.

Oh, so now it's "gone on for years posting stuff like a co-workers (sic) name"? And now it's "daughters," as in plural. Funny how one can post a name he did not know. Again, wacko over a typo. You need to find the right "professionals," dumbass. You've lost it.

Oh, so now it's "gone on for years posting stuff like a co-workers (sic) name"? And now it's "daughters," as in plural. Funny how one can post a name he did not know. Again, wacko over a typo. You need to find the right "professionals," dumbass. You've lost it.

Daughter’s ... I need to seek a good English teacher ...:) Yeah it was a typo, sure it was . Then explain the quotes around Mea, and then ask me if I get it? What swoosh went over my head. And there are sites for example that have my street name which you posted that have my daughter’s name on it.

This can be easily resolved . No posting my first name, no last name, no dead mother and don’t use my brothers name and I think we will get along just fine.

If you continue I will match name for name and I really don’t want to do that .

Daughter’s ... I need to seek a good English teacher ...:) Yeah it was a typo, sure it was . Then explain the quotes around Mea, and then ask me if I get it? What swoosh went over my head. And there are sites for example that have my street name which you posted that have my daughter’s name on it.

This can be easily resolved . No posting my first name, no last name, no dead mother and don’t use my brothers name and I think we will get along just fine.

If you continue I will match name for name and I really don’t want to do that .

Well, for one, you've already done that, and don't lie about it. Two: are you threatening me? I've hired an attorney, btw.

Well, for one, you've already done that, and don't lie about it. Two: are you threatening me? I've hired an attorney, btw.

Not threatening you at all. Have your attorney buzz me, I’ll give her/him my attorneys name and number .

Matter of fact hire the most expensive attorney you can find. Spend 10’s of thousands.

Like I said I am glad our relationship is on equal footing .

Last edited:
Cmon everyone knows joe banke is a fake name . We have known that for years .

Cmon everyone knows joe banke is a fake name . We have known that for years .

NIce game you're playing here. No one ever said "Joe Banke" was anyone's real name, and you pretend on the MB that you don't know mine. It's how you learned my name that you don't want people to know. Btw, there were good reasons why "Joe Banke" came forth.

NIce game you're playing here. No one ever said "Joe Banke" was anyone's real name, and you pretend on the MB that you don't know mine. It's how you learned my name that you don't want people to know. Btw, there were good reasons why "Joe Banke" came forth.

I don’t think people care how I learned your name but feel free to give them your version. That doesn’t bother me one bit.

A matter of fact it would be interesting to hear your story .

You don’t think Hood outed you do you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT