ADVERTISEMENT

Really like Coach Riley's announcement style

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Keeping all of this stuff (Portal and recruiting) under wraps until the person has evidently signed an agreement. Who ever is doing these things on the official web site also keeps it updated pretty quickly. The last portal guy evidently hasn't completed the paperwork yet as he is not announced nor on it.

I think when you are subject to a lot of "higher dollar" programs and there poaching it really pays off to have this stuff close to the vest so to speak.

Looking forward to seeing who the 13th player might be. I am hoping for a big for development.

Keeping all of this stuff (Portal and recruiting) under wraps until the person has evidently signed an agreement. Who ever is doing these things on the official web site also keeps it updated pretty quickly. The last portal guy evidently hasn't completed the paperwork yet as he is not announced nor on it.

I think when you are subject to a lot of "higher dollar" programs and there poaching it really pays off to have this stuff close to the vest so to speak.

Looking forward to seeing who the 13th player might be. I am hoping for a big for development.
Here's a funny one. Any chance he is waiting to make sure Jaylen Wells actually gets drafted?

Here's a funny one. Any chance he is waiting to make sure Jaylen Wells actually gets drafted?

Yes, about 00001% of 1% chance that both Wells won't get drafted, and that Riley is waiting to see if Wells goes undrafted.

Riley might be taking his sweet time because of that, but if he finds someone good enough, he'll stop waiting for Wells, taking his sweet time, and give the final scholly to someone good enough, if he finds someone good enough.

If he Riley doesn't find someone good enough, then he will probably pocket the scholly, save it for next season, or use it on Wells, if Wells goes undrafted, doesn't sign a FA deal, doesn't portal somewhere else, etc.

Yes, about 00001% of 1% chance that both Wells won't get drafted, and that Riley is waiting to see if Wells goes undrafted.

Riley might be taking his sweet time because of that, but if he finds someone good enough, he'll stop waiting for Wells, taking his sweet time, and give the final scholly to someone good enough, if he finds someone good enough.

If he Riley doesn't find someone good enough, then he will probably pocket the scholly, save it for next season, or use it on Wells, if Wells goes undrafted, doesn't sign a FA deal, doesn't portal somewhere else, etc.
Wells has until June 16 to pull his name out of the draft. After that even he goes undrafted and for some reason gets no love from NBA or other professional leagues he can’t come back.

Wells has until June 16 to pull his name out of the draft. After that even he goes undrafted and for some reason gets no love from NBA or other professional leagues he can’t come back.

I thought, remember in another thread, a lot of credible posters saying that IF a player leaves College early his Sophmore, Junior year, and doesn't get a agent, and doesn't pay anyone, and declares, enters draft, and then doesn't get drafted, and then does not sign any pro ball money deal contract, etc, and then immediately returns, tries to return to college, appeals, etc, that unlike football, he can return and play in college.

That's what I have heard numerous times.

So either they are wrong, or your wrong, misunderstanding, etc, as I am just parroting what they have said, what I have heard, etc.

No that is not correct. If he is drafted he can't come back. If he is undrafted he can come back. Get your facts straight.

Hoping that development Big is a 3.5 star, 4 star, either HS Freshman, domestic or foreign, like a Chinyelu, Diongue, OR a sophomore transfer whether portal, or JC, that would have 2, 3 years to develop at WSU, semi like another Okafor an or even semi better, and that will hopefully stay at WSU for at least 2,3 years, whether transfer or HS, or freshman foreign recruit, instead of 1,2 years and then leave WSU.

No that is not correct. If he is drafted he can't come back. If he is undrafted he can come back. Get your facts straight.

Stand corrected. He can come back since he participated in the combine, if he hadn’t gotten the late invite then he couldn’t.

Excellent first year recruiting class. I prefer to leave final judgement till after a few years. That way you can see how it plays out but it sure looks promising on paper.

Not sure why Wells would come back? Different coach (although he would fit nicely) whole different team except one guy plus I’m betting he would have higher NIL offers elsewhere. Keeping fingers crossed but I doubt it will happen.

Wells only if he went undrafted. I think many (or maybe most) of the mock drafts have him going toward the end of the 2nd round.

If I was Riley, I would still hold a spot for him because you never know. It's a very low probability. Even if he went undrafted and came back to college for another year, he would definitely command a big NIL number. Still, fun to think about what could be with Wells and Coward together. It would be prolific.

Excellent first year recruiting class. I prefer to leave final judgement till after a few years. That way you can see how it plays out but it sure looks promising on paper.

Not sure why Wells would come back? Different coach (although he would fit nicely) whole different team except one guy plus I’m betting he would have higher NIL offers elsewhere. Keeping fingers crossed but I doubt it will happen.
If, and a very remote if, he goes undrafted and comes back to college, he's looking at a new coach and totally new team and system elsewhere. At WSU he has Watts, a familiar place that he professes great affinity for, a grateful fan base, and a new system perfect for him with the emphasis on spreading it out and chucking the 3 ball.

Of course he would make way more NIL somewhere else. But he would also (likely) be thrown onto an existing team with a solid nucleus as opposed to stepping onto Friel as THE guy. And be positioned to rip through the HS Gym League, put up eye=popping numbers, and be set for a great draft selection in a year. And get a comfortable NIL amount plus scholly for another year in Pullman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT