ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Montana's Tinkle to Oregon State

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
According to John Canzano of The Oregonian, Montana's Wayne Tinkle will be announced as the Oregon State men's basketball coach on Monday.

Tinkle, from Spokane, Wash., was one of the names thrown around the rumor pile for the Washington State vacancy. What else makes this an interesting hire for the Beavers? Tinkle has a son, Tres, who is a highly regarded prospect in the 2015 class at small forward. The also had to pay a huge ($4 million) buy-out for him, so there's that.

Tres Tinkle Profile: https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Tres-Tinkle-155329

This post was edited on 5/18 6:32 PM by Britton Ransford

Originally posted by Britton Ransford:
According to John Canzano of The Oregonian, Montana's Wayne Tinkle will be announced as the Oregon State men's basketball coach on Monday.

Tinkle, from Spokane, Wash., was one of the names thrown around the rumor pile for the Washington State vacancy. What else makes this an interesting hire for the Beavers? Tinkle has a son, Tres, who is a highly regarded prospect in the 2015 class at small forward. The also had to pay a huge ($4 million) buy-out for him, so there's that.

Tres Tinkle Profile: https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Tres-Tinkle-155329

This post was edited on 5/18 6:32 PM by Britton Ransford
His daughter, Joslyn, played at Stanford and signed with the Seattle Storm last year. He has another daughter, Elle, that plays for Gonzaga. He has been a good coach at a lower level. We will see if he can make the jump.

I like the hire. If OSU had hired Stoudamire,he would have been hell to recruit against. Now Tinkle will have to build his program, I like Ernie s chances against a guy like Tinkle. There is an OSU commit a big forward whom i hope decommits and opens up a chance for Ernie to recruit him. He is Cameron Oliver a 6'8 220 PF 4 star from Sacramento Ca.

This post was edited on 5/18 7:27 PM by ElComanche

$4M? I don't think Leach has that big of a buyout. I would assume that quickly took him out of the running in Pullman. I recently read an article on Tres Tinkle. They expect him to continue to grow and he probably projects to PF. Good prospect.

This post was edited on 5/19 7:36 AM by SaveFerris

I was initially worried that WSU would end up with someone like Tinkle. I am glad that he is at OSU,that makes it easier to recruit good players to Pullman.

Don't underestimate Tinkle or any other coach before they have a chance to establish their program. Given the increased resources at his disposal and the fact that it is a Pac-12 school, and you never know....he might succeed. OSU is a challenge, no doubt. But it wouldn't surprise me if Tinkle does well.

Glad Cougar

Tinkle is a good coach probably a better coach than Robinson. However,he will find it hard to recruit. It will take him time to build a program. That time will help Kent build his program.A Stoudamire hire would have really helped OSU recruit. As it is Tinkle will probably lose one potential transfer and one verbal recruit this year. Those two players would have helped this years OSU 's team..He was known to the AD staff and his hire is a good old boy hire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT