ADVERTISEMENT

Richt

I just posted a dreamy-eyed statement about Leach bonding with his team, suggesting he will stay. On one hand, if he doesn't go now, he probably will stay until he retires. But yeah, definitely. Yeah, I'm worried.

Have to be a bit worried.

I've been reading Miami press (and fan sentiment) and while CML is not directly mentioned, many want to go to a spread/Air Raid and I've seen Minshew/WSU mentioned as teams doing more with less. Of course, Miami can easily just do more with more - easy place to recruit elite talent, program history, LA-like atmosphere, etc... bunch of stuff WSU didn't/doesn't have. And of course, as CML gets into his golden years, it's a 30 minute hop by plane to the Keys instead of 11 hours. And he's still young enough for at least one more rebuild.

I don't think it will happen, but if ever there were a time and school to go after Leach, this is it.

Maybe time for your AD to get a IPF built.
And jack his compensation up to 6 mil cause if Miami comes offering that will be the neighborhood the pay will be in. Does WSU have the money for an indoor facility plus to pay Leach 6 mil?

Unfortunately Miami did ok with an ex WSU coach exactly 30 years ago

Last edited:
And jack his compensation up to 6 mil cause if Miami comes offering that will be the neighborhood the pay will be in. Does WSU have the money for an indoor facility plus to pay Leach 6 mil?

Unfortunately Miami did ok with an ex WSU coach exactly 20 years ago.

Oh no. Iron Laws!

Reactions: YakiCoug
Theyre foolish if they dont offer Bob Stoops. I see Miami chasing alums or guys that have already had big time jobs.

Reactions: CougEd
Retiring.
Any worries.

Holding my breath until the job opens. This sort of thing is why I've advocated paying Leach more. Recruiting is going to be hurt while we wait on this to settle out because the assumption is Leach will be leaving.

Unfortunately Miami did ok with an ex WSU coach exactly 20 years ago.
$41 million extra Larry’s gonna bring us by selling a stake in the conference! Plenty of money!

The reality is that CML will be considered for any position that comes up because he is a good coach and a winner. Same deal with "Peterson". Should not be surprised if anyone goes after him. This happens with all good coaches every year.
The real news is that the Cougs have their 11th win and a winning season for a few years now. More people are coaching the Air Raid and you can expect the Cougs to go bowling next year again.

Reactions: 425cougfan
A few months back when we were discussing where else CML might go, I mentioned Miami....largely because of its location to Leach's ties to Key West. Didn't expect Richt to retire or be asked to leave so soon, but it will actually surprise me if Leach's name doesn't get tied to the UM opening. Doesn't mean he'll take it if offered, but his WSU success brings him into the discussion at a lot of places. Miami is one that I think he might at least consider.

Glad Cougar

There's nothing like a rumor that Leach is leaving that gets Edith back on the board (that or an impending collapse due to attrition in one recruiting class).
Ah Magnum PI. Yo Joe the Orkin Boy you must have missed several other postsI put up today, and several of my likes when I didn’t have time to be on the board the last ten days. Btw I thought I was in for a holiday surprise . So much for all that power you wield. Musy be a bankless job to keep track of my posts .

I am not aware of any health issues for Richt, so I have to assume that he was pushed out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT