ADVERTISEMENT

Rodrigueznder fire

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Arizona coming off a 7-6 bowl season may fire Rodriguez, He was rumored to be on the hot seat after a 3-9 2016 season. Evidently a law suit is pending aginst Rodriguez by one of his assistants. I guess the 58 pts and win against WSU may not save him.

Didn't see this coming. His seat was warm at the start of the season but with the emergence of Tate and a decent recruiting haul I assumed that he was fine. The timing is also less than ideal.

Edit: O.K., now I understand. Little to nothing to do with football.

Last edited:
Who is out there for Zona to hire? Sumlin would have to be at the top of the list.

Joe Saleve’a? Beau Baldwin? Manny Diaz? Todd Graham?

It’s probably Sumlin, but big Joe is a UA legend. Chuck Cecil is another name to keep in mind.

Arizona has two DT s committed and signed. One is a 6'5 315 pd juco and the other is a 6'4.5-330 pd HS player. Neither of two had offers from the cougs. It is hard to recruit players who other schools have a relationship with.

Might as well get this started. A friend of mine's wife's hairdresser saw CML at SeaTac getting on a flight bound for Tucson.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

"Thank you Simone". "No problem, whatsoever!"

Last edited:
The juco is PJ Johnson 6'5 315 from San Francisco Jr College, He was redshirted in 2016. so he has 4 years to play three, His tapes are impressive and he would fill a need The HS player is Mykee irving 6'4.5 330 and he was also offered by UCLA He looks more suited to play OT in my opinion . We will see if they ask for their release,

It's a good job. During their bowl game they said they had 22 freshmen on their 2 deep and Tate is a sophomore.

It's a good job. During their bowl game they said they had 22 freshmen on their 2 deep and Tate is a sophomore.

Did'nt they also pay around $5 mill/year to Rich Rod.

The coaching stability in the Pac12 is starting to look like the SEC. If im' looking at it right Leach now has the 3rd longest tenure in the league and it seems over half your fans want him gone.

The coaching stability in the Pac12 is starting to look like the SEC. If im' looking at it right Leach now has the 3rd longest tenure in the league and it seems over half your fans want him gone.

He had a unique contract where he got some ownership in a booster’s business. USA Today put his annual comp at over $6 million, but not all cash.

Nah, very few want him gone. The recent butt-hurt is already fading. Heck I even passed up the chance to watch the Holiday Bowl replay on Root TV last night!

The RichRod situation is pretty interesting. I never did like him, ever since he bailed on his dream job West Virginia. He should have stayed put. Just seemed like a real arrogant a$$ from then on. Thus no surprise about the hostile work environment claims.

The harassment thing is another matter. The complainant refused to cooperate with investigators (who thus found no substantiation), lawyering up and filing suit instead. Although now that RR is gone, maybe the mouths will open in the Dept. That said, either she has some damn damning evidence, or she is on a money grab looking for a settlement. Curious to see if the harassment floodgates will now open in college athletics and football in particular. Lots of big money, egotistical, testosterone filled men out there in that landscape......

It looks like the cougs are after a few Arizona recruits. They recently extended an offer to OL Joshua Gray 6'5 245 ,who had narrowed it down to Arizona and Oregon State.He also has offers from SDSU and Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT