ADVERTISEMENT

Drinking at games thread

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
All right, here we go. I'll start with the snippets I posted on another thread. I have more but need to wake up to remember them. Damn dementia.

I've told the story more than once here about the early 80's when you could bring anything into Martin as long as it wasn't glass. Thus the 5 gallon gas can full of spodie odie. 40 years later, I still can't believe we got away with that. You can't exactly stick a 5 gallon gas can in your shirt or coat. We got so shitfaced. Jumping on my motorcycle to get more vodka at halftime was nuts.

Couple of other quick ones. When I had season tickets, there were 6 of us that sat in Section 24. I had a big fanny pack that could hold like 17 airline bottles, which I would save and refill game to game. I would sit in our innermost seat and basically be bartender - my spouse and buds would pass their pops down and I would spice 'em up,

One game me and a bud smuggled in beers. Security saw us pulling on them, and just confiscated them, nothing more.

I took my Mom to a game once, and had a vitamin jar full of whiskey. Asked Mom to put my vitamins in her purse to get by Security. Then during the game I asked her for my vitamin jar, and promptly opened it up and dumped it in my drink. Poor Mom about had a stroke.

Edit - one more. Back in 1988, when we beat the mutts by one in a frigid game, I was living in my first stint in YakiVegas. Somehow I got 7 tickets to Apple Cup. Me, my 4 buddies, and frozen Mom and Dad. Anyhow, we piled into my Toyota van (that older style that was actually pretty cool), and off we went to Pullman, partying all the way. None of my buds had ever been to Pullman. So we watched the game, and then headed off to a party at some rural house. There were a passel of cute chicky poos there, and my buds were just gaga. I'm like, welcome to Pullman.

Last edited:
They had cracked down a lot more by the time I was there from 1989 to 1993. It was damned near impossible for a guy to get alcohol in so we'd have gals stash alcohol in their bras.

They had cracked down a lot more by the time I was there from 1989 to 1993. It was damned near impossible for a guy to get alcohol in so we'd have gals stash alcohol in their bras.
It didn’t stop many. I worked for athletic maintenance in 1992-93 (the crew that set up for and cleaned up after games). There were stacks of bottles up to half gallon size in most of the north bathrooms postgame. It was not unusual to find toilets plugged with bottles people tried to flush.
Bota bags were pretty common smuggling devices…but yeah, women were much more likely to be the successful smugglers.

Snuck a twelve pack into beasley once, with beers in pockets all over my body.

Schnapps in sandwich bags is a great idea until you start chest bumping and hugging and shit and one blows up in your pocket. Good thing there were several...

Or just tuck a fifth in the back of your waistband with a coat over the top and hope for the best.

Honestly though I did enough pre-funking that I'd be pretty good for most of the game.

Snuck a twelve pack into beasley once, with beers in pockets all over my body.

Schnapps in sandwich bags is a great idea until you start chest bumping and hugging and shit and one blows up in your pocket. Good thing there were several...

Or just tuck a fifth in the back of your waistband with a coat over the top and hope for the best.

Honestly though I did enough pre-funking that I'd be pretty good for most of the game.
At one fairly late and cold game I trusted a buddy with a few of my bottles - schnapps for the hot chocolate, and whiskey for the pop. The dumb ass poured schnapps into my pop. Major F up. But I drank it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT