ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl tickets, 9am....

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Did anyone have difficulty with using a desktop or laptop this morning?

I was on a MacBook Pro, using Safari browser, and it was real buggy, including cookies, etc.
Had to use my phone to order tickets, (pre-sale). Was successful, but only using my phone.

If I didn't use a phone to order, not sure what would have happened, or what the outcome would be?
It also kicked people off at around 9:15, and then said pre-sale available at 9:30am.

Did anyone else have issues ordering this morning?

I was on a MacBook Pro, using Safari browser, and it was real buggy, including cookies, etc.
Had to use my phone to order tickets, (pre-sale). Was successful, but only using my phone.

If I didn't use a phone to order, not sure what would have happened, or what the outcome would be?
It also kicked people off at around 9:15, and then said pre-sale available at 9:30am.

Nope.

Used an iMac with Safari and got my tix.

Reactions: M-I-Coug

I saw on twitter this morning the tix office saying if you were having any issues, to call.

The website is a mess right now.

Had to phone in and order 10 Rose bowl tickets (knock on wood), let's gooooo!

Yeah it was squirly mine got in but one of my friends called me saying that it was giving him fits.

WTF?! How did you know about this? I just logged in and did the post season request and it went nowhere. All it says is a 1 Dec deadline.

Was there some email blast?

WTF?! How did you know about this? I just logged in and did the post season request and it went nowhere. All it says is a 1 Dec deadline.

Was there some email blast?

You get amazing privileges when you donate to WSU Athletics...……..

You get amazing privileges when you donate to WSU Athletics...……..
I do. I’ve been a CAF member since ‘02. My seats are in sec 26–not the cheap seats.

Maybe my $$ aren’t as big as others, but they are just as green.

I do. I’ve been a CAF member since ‘02. My seats are in sec 26–not the cheap seats.

Maybe my $$ aren’t as big as others, but they are just as green.

Well then I don't know what to say. They must not have your e-mail.

Well then I don't know what to say. They must not have your e-mail.
I get the Banyans lunch invites for each home game, so they know it.

Same incompetence in CAF as we all bitched about with the season ticket snafus as the start of the season. Same crap with RV permits. Same crap with parking permits. Their organization stinks. Somebody mentioned that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So about a month ago I called to give a piece of my mind about two main issues:

1. I’ve called and left messages 3 times about how we restructured our charitable giving with the tax law changes and how we’d like to donate out of our charitable trust. No calls back since Feb.
2. This year CAF took over all RV permits. I got zero notice, despite being on the lot 1 and lot 2 list for years. I was lot 3 for the last 4 years, and when I tried to login to the WSU parking websie, I found out too late CAF did it all. No notice.

Complete silence. No communication. After I pushed hard and told the guy I was frustrated to the point of telling them to suck it, he put on another guy who actually got somebody to call back that evening. And he followed up the next day. But now this?

Sigh. I guess another call tomorrow with more butt chewing. How many $$ over the last 16 years? Apparently not enough to matter.

Reactions: Cougzz
I also got no alert, but I am used to that. The athletic dep't has fouled up about half of their opportunities to get the ticket process right with me over the past decade or so. I hope Chun fixes it. Almost as bad as the PAC refs.

Thanks for the post, M-I. I will call tomorrow.

Reactions: Cougzz and M-I-Coug
Not sure why everyone is getting all worked up. There are no guarantees right now, as it's all allocated based on CAF ranking, etc... Doesn't really matter if you ordered first thing this morning or on Nov 30th.

===================
All ticket requests placed through this preorder process will be filled based on size of bowl ticket allotment, CAF rank, and demand for tickets. Bowl ticket requests are not guaranteed. After the bowl announcement, customers who requested bowl tickets will only be charged for the bowl game WSU is selected to participate in. If we are unable to fulfill your request for a specified price level, we will find seats in the next best price level available. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges after the bowl announcement. Tickets will be shipped by UPS which requires a street address for delivery. PO Box numbers are not accepted. To request disability seating, please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-COUGS.
===================

Not sure why everyone is getting all worked up. There are no guarantees right now, as it's all allocated based on CAF ranking, etc... Doesn't really matter if you ordered first thing this morning or on Nov 30th.

===================
All ticket requests placed through this preorder process will be filled based on size of bowl ticket allotment, CAF rank, and demand for tickets. Bowl ticket requests are not guaranteed. After the bowl announcement, customers who requested bowl tickets will only be charged for the bowl game WSU is selected to participate in. If we are unable to fulfill your request for a specified price level, we will find seats in the next best price level available. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges after the bowl announcement. Tickets will be shipped by UPS which requires a street address for delivery. PO Box numbers are not accepted. To request disability seating, please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-COUGS.
===================

I think it's more general frustration that WSU is still 10 years behind the times when it comes to taking care of business. If they wonder why their revenue is behind other schools, they have no one to blame but themselves. I'm going to the CU game this weekend and even if the seats didn't suck for WSU fans, I'd buy them from Colorado because I hate the way that WSU sells away game tickets to fans. They know what sections they have and how many seats that they can sell, but when you ask for tickets, you get the ol', "Hey just throw money our way and we'll let you know where you are sitting." Same reason that I won't buy bowl tickets through WSU. My wife is afraid of heights and I don't want to end up with bad seats because WSU doesn't give a crap about it's fans.

It's kind of crazy to think that 16 years ago, I was able to buy tickets from Oklahoma with no problem but couldn't buy them from WSU because I wasn't a high enough priority. When we didn't sell our allotment out, that was 100% on our athletic department and their incompetence. They are slowly getting better, but basically staying about 10 years behind everyone else.

I also got no alert, but I am used to that. The athletic dep't has fouled up about half of their opportunities to get the ticket process right with me over the past decade or so. I hope Chun fixes it. Almost as bad as the PAC refs.

Thanks for the post, M-I. I will call tomorrow.

Let's all hold our breath. It will be his achievement #1.

Let's all hold our breath. It will be his achievement #1.

Yup.

Additionally, university-wide, WSU has never made it easy to donate money. Until that is fixed (and again, I'm not holding my breath) WSU is always going to have the smallest donation pool in the conference.

It seems like common sense to make it easy to donate, but here we are...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT