ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Leaf makes a great point on the P12 expansion

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Cap the number of teams at 9 and DON'T have a championship game. The winner of the conference will be in the NCAA playoff most years. Don't water it down by having an East/West division situation where you risk having your top ranked team losing to a weaker opponent in the championship game. Keep it regional. Keep it old school.

Not sure I agree with him on the East/West divisions. I think that's what'll bring in the highest media bid, but I appreciate his point. A 9-team league where you play everyone in the conference determines the champ. Suddenly, a late season game vs. Utah State or Colorado State carries significance.

Problem with a nine team league is we would have to come up with 4 OOC games each year which would difficult. A minimum of 10 teams would be much better for scheduling

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Problem with a nine team league is we would have to come up with 4 OOC games each year which would difficult. A minimum of 10 teams would be much better for scheduling
UW and Idaho should be on the schedule every year.

UW and Idaho should be on the schedule every year.
Yeah, that makes 10 games. Only 2 left. Hey, Stanford and Cal Home and homes! Shit the ACC (and SEC?) only play 8 league games. No sarcasm here. Long term. nah. But short term, sure.

Yeah, that makes 10 games. Only 2 left. Hey, Stanford and Cal Home and homes! Shit the ACC (and SEC?) only play 8 league games. No sarcasm here. Long term. nah. But short term, sure.
When they expand the playoff to 16 teams or more they’ll cut the regular season back to eleven games, maybe 10

So what the SEC has done since the beginning of time? 4 cupcakes… Portland tech, Idaho A&M, Utah Valley State, and UW. Easy.

So what the SEC has done since the beginning of time? 4 cupcakes… Portland tech, Idaho A&M, Utah Valley State, and UW. Easy.
We aren’t the SEC and we wouldn’t be able to sign 4 cupcakes because the interest and money wouldn’t be there. I just don’t want to see WSU get to the point to where they have to go back to scheduling body bag games against the likes of Ohio State to fill out our schedule. A 10 team conference with three OOC games is much better then a 9 team conference with four OOC.

I've said many times that Idaho and UW should be annual games, even if it means we have to compromise to some degree. Stanford, Cal, Oregon, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, the Arizona's, etc. should be on the list of teams as well. Then backfill with the Big Sky. I'm fine with the occasional blue-blood body bag game, but we can't go too crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT