ADVERTISEMENT

Sac State

Rich Lewis

Hall Of Fame
Nov 7, 2001
I have no idea if the Pac-12 is looking at Sac State or not, but if they're not I think they should be. I've seen several articles regarding Sac State's interest in the Pac-12 or MWC. The money they are raising is astounding. They are building a new 35,000 seat stadium. The Kings have offered to allow them to use Golden 1 arena for basketball. They have a 35,500+ enrollment. Most importantly the Sacramento metro area has a population of 3.5 million. They are poised to move up to FBS and there's a lot to like.

Last edited:
That's a nice Market and they have a lot going for them in Sac. Lots of Cougar players are from that area over the years as well.

They have time to move up before it happens.

I have no idea if the Pac-12 is looking at Sac State or not, but if they're not I think they should be. I've seen several articles regarding Sac State's interest in the Pac-12 or MWC. The money they are raising is astounding. They are building a new 35,000 seat stadium. The Kings have offered to allow them to use Golden 1 arena for basketball. They have a 35,500+ enrollment. Most importantly the Sacramento metro area has a population of 3.5 million. They are poised to move up to FBS and there's a lot to like.

Rich do you ever meander over to the Football board? You should. Sac State has been discussed in more than one thread. Mostly by your truly.

Sac State's proposed new stadium is for 25,000, not 35,000. As I have stated, they need to make it 30,000 (now or easily expandable). Their market is #20 in the nation. They are begging us to take them. But will our incompetent Pac Administration (aka Teresa) get off their asses? No, they are too busy assessing our media prospects. My $5 is on the MW saying fine, we will take them. And pay their $5M FBS entrance fee with the Pac's poaching money. Note that use of Golden 1 is offered for ANY FBS conference affiliation, not just the Pac.

Well I must say that IMHO our Pac Administration Teresa is anything but incompetent. As you state 25,000 is not nearly big enough for a stadium in a city of 3.5 million for football. If they can raise all that NIL money then a mere 5 to join FBS is not big deal.

From a basketball point of view the question is and there certainly is no hurry is wether the team is of the standards of the PAC12 that is currently assembled. Again IMHO, there is no big hurry to get a team that may be a great join, or may not. By the time we have to get the last couple of football teams we may well have many returning choices. Especially now that the Pac Administration has by the fine addition of Gonzaga made us a BASKETBALL league.

Well I must say that IMHO our Pac Administration Teresa is anything but incompetent. As you state 25,000 is not nearly big enough for a stadium in a city of 3.5 million for football. If they can raise all that NIL money then a mere 5 to join FBS is not big deal.

From a basketball point of view the question is and there certainly is no hurry is wether the team is of the standards of the PAC12 that is currently assembled. Again IMHO, there is no big hurry to get a team that may be a great join, or may not. By the time we have to get the last couple of football teams we may well have many returning choices. Especially now that the Pac Administration has by the fine addition of Gonzaga made us a BASKETBALL league.
Well I respectfully disagree with your lofty opinion of Teresa. So does just everybody else outside of WW.

Now basketball? I have no idea what kind of program they have right now. But let's just say we offer them tomorrow. Gives them 2 years to recruit with a pocket full of NIL, a "Pac-X including Gonzaga" (who I hate) league to play in, and an NBA stadium to play in. I think they would adapt just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT