ADVERTISEMENT

Sacramento State

Yeah I saw that. Are those solar panels off to the side of the far endzone? And as I've said before they need to make it hold 30K or be easily expandable to 30K. And as I've also stated, I predict that the MW will snatch them up. What I've read says that they want in the Pac or "another" FBS conference. The Sacramento Kings' announcement has a similar reference. #20 market in the country. Hmmm......

Yeah I saw that. Are those solar panels off to the side of the far endzone? And as I've said before they need to make it hold 30K or be easily expandable to 30K.

Totally agree Sacramento State needs to build this stadium to be easily expandable, and that was my first thoughts when I saw the renderings. I was thinking 40K myself for them.

Our new Reser Stadium in Corvallis seats about 35K, and I'm disappointed it isn't larger. But at least we have places where more seats can be added if we ever need to in the future.

Totally agree Sacramento State needs to build this stadium to be easily expandable, and that was my first thoughts when I saw the renderings. I was thinking 40K myself for them.

Our new Reser Stadium in Corvallis seats about 35K, and I'm disappointed it isn't larger. But at least we have places where more seats can be added if we ever need to in the future.
Didn't Reser hold about 47K after it was first revamped? I knew that the more recent improvements reduced seating, but didn't realize it went down so far. And thanks for the additional links. I couldn't get to the Bee article but was able to read the 'swimsuit" link. Well played. :)

Didn't Reser hold about 47K after it was first revamped?
Yes, we were up around 45K or so before they tore down the west grandstand a couple years ago and rebuilt it. I was disappointed about the reduced seating capacity. But apparently there's a trend across the entire country for reduced attendance to college football games.

Really cool video: Blowing up (or down) Reser Stadium:

Kaboom!!!

Edit: Sorry about the Sacramento Bee link not working. It isn't working for me anymore, either. They better get their act together if they want Sac State included in the PAC-12.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Here's a radio interview Anne McCoy did about 2 days ago. She talked mostly about PAC-12 expansion and the media rights thing. I get the impression that an A.A.C. school is under serious consideration right now. Furthermore, the way that Anne McCoy talks about travel has me thinking there is only one A.A.C. school under consideration right now. Maybe 2.

Anne McCoy: What's Driving the Pac-12's Search for No. 8?

Bummer, I really wanted Sacramento State as they check off a lot of boxes. There are no perfect schools on the west coast like a San Diego State Univ. for us to add to the conference, so Sacramento State is the next best thing. And Sac St. does get us into the S.F. Bay area (for eyeballs on TV and recruiting exposure).

Maybe the strategy is to get Memphis for school number 8, and add Sacramento State as a developmental school number 9. In about 4 or 5 years from now, in another round of realignment Memphis could get taken away and we'd have Sac St. to keep us at 8 schools.

Last edited:
Here's a radio interview Anne McCoy did about 2 days ago. She talked mostly about PAC-12 expansion and the media rights thing. I get the impression that an A.A.C. school is under serious consideration right now. Furthermore, the way that Anne McCoy talks about travel has me thinking there is only one A.A.C. school under consideration right now. Maybe 2.

Anne McCoy: What's Driving the Pac-12's Search for No. 8?

Bummer, I really wanted Sacramento State as they check off a lot of boxes. There are no perfect schools on the west coast like a San Diego State Univ. for us to add to the conference, so Sacramento State is the next best thing. And Sac St. does get us into the S.F. Bay area (for eyeballs on TV and recruiting exposure).

Maybe the strategy is to get Memphis for school number 8, and add Sacramento State as a developmental school number 9. In about 4 or 5 years from now, in another round of realignment Memphis could get taken away and we'd have Sac St. to keep us at 8 schools.
Well I'm sticking with Sac State as the no-brainer choice. I can see them and their #20 market just explode with enthusiasm and support and fans. Memphis? They are not the end all. And we would need to spend buco bucks on them. Then there is the travel - worse for them of course but not good for anyone. And since we have now heard (not 100% confirmed that the PPac is NOT paying anything towards MW traitor's exit fees, how would they feel about ponying about a bunch of money to Memphis?

Well I'm sticking with Sac State as the no-brainer choice. I can see them and their #20 market just explode with enthusiasm and support and fans. Memphis? They are not the end all. And we would need to spend buco bucks on them. Then there is the travel - worse for them of course but not good for anyone. And since we have now heard (not 100% confirmed that the PPac is NOT paying anything towards MW traitor's exit fees, how would they feel about ponying about a bunch of money to Memphis?
Wow, Loyal Coug1, you actually made numerous points that I have no choice but to agree with. And yes, I would much rather help our new friends pay their MWC exit fees than throw a bunch of money at Memphis.

Frankly, I think Memphis would be using us anyway as a steppingstone to get into the ACC. They'll park in the PAC-12 a few years to improve their 'profile'.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT