ADVERTISEMENT

Since he controls the athletic department...

Yaki it's not about a team photo. It's about the press in detail trying disclose the vulnerabilities of a student athlete.

Are all journalists going to disclose their own personal medical information. No. So why ask for that of another person.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Yaki it's not about a team photo. It's about the press in detail trying disclose the vulnerabilities of a student athlete.

Are all journalists going to disclose their own personal medical information. No. So why ask for that of another person.

BTW, I'm flattered by your infatuation with me. It does say a lot about you that you would take the time to photoshop pictures of other posters. I suggest speaking to a psychologist because that is unhealthy.

I suggest speaking to a psychologist because that is unhealthy.

I don't think I'll be taking psychological advice from someone who equates child molestation to not wanting to disclose personal medical information regarding a player.

I don't think I'll be taking psychological advice from someone who equates child molestation to not wanting to disclose personal medical information regarding a player.

I'm not surprised that is the depth of your analysis. FWIW, if you can find where I said the two were equal........quote it. You can't, because I didn't, but because you and a couple circle jerking monkeys lack the ability to read and think, you'll try to perpetuate that myth.

Much like the two quotes you attribute to me, anything taken out of context can be made to look bad. I said that Wulff wasn't the worst coach in the history of college football even though he did need to be fired because he wasn't good enough. You change it to Wulff wasn't that bad. A couple years ago, I said that I felt that 5-6 linemen a year was too much on a sustained basis when you consider that on average, Pac-12 schools typically recruit just over 3 linemen per year. I also said that it was up to Leach to judge the needs in any given year. You leave out everything else.

Of course, that is typical of the stupidity perpetuated by a couple people on this board. The only point you try to make is how to attack other posters as much as you can.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that is the depth of your analysis.

Did you or did you not bring up Sandusky. Everyone jumped all over you for it because it was stupid and extremely hyperbolic.

Your track record on here is extremely poor. You are just further reinforcing that continual pattern of poor statements, lack of real substance and repetitive hyperbolic horseshit that you are known for on here.

Did you or did you not bring up Sandusky. Everyone jumped all over you for it because it was stupid and extremely hyperbolic.

Your track record on here is extremely poor. You are just further reinforcing that continual pattern of poor statements, lack of real substance and repetitive hyperbolic horseshit that you are known for on here.

My track record is poor by the standards of a couple people. The Sandusky comment was hyperbolic and I probably shouldn't have typed it because it was obviously too personal for some people and not the best example. I never said they were equal and actually specifically said that they weren't in the post where I said it. Of course, your simian brain shut down too fast to see that.

If you want to talk about repetitive horseshit.......read your own posts some time. When it comes to that, you are one of the kings of that around here.

I was just ridiculing a certain poster's paranoia that Leach has staged a coup and has Moos tied up in a dark room. But in all seriousness, my only point in all this is that it's fine for any coach to not release information about players' injuries, but I believe it shouldn't apply to what reporters see for themselves. If Gabe Marks or any injured player is vulnerable and there's a concern for their safety, they shouldn't be playing that week. If I'm a coach and I don't like Stephanie Loh reporting that Gabe Marks has missed three practices following a session in which he limped off the field, I don't believe that flippant remarks, such as the one he gave the other day before he turned and Lane Kiffined his way out of the interview, is benefiting anyone. He just looks childish when he does that. I'm just saying I would handle those situations differently, and I could still adhere to my policy of not releasing information about injuries.

Last edited:
My track record is poor by the standards of a couple people. The Sandusky comment was hyperbolic and I probably shouldn't have typed it because it was obviously too personal for some people and not the best example. I never said they were equal and actually specifically said that they weren't in the post where I said it. Of course, your simian brain shut down too fast to see that.

If you want to talk about repetitive horseshit.......read your own posts some time. When it comes to that, you are one of the kings of that around here.

It's not just "a couple people."

I was just ridiculing a certain poster's paranoia that Leach has staged a coup and has Moos tied up in a dark room. But in all seriousness, my only point in all this is that it's fine for any coach to not release information about players' injuries, but I believe it shouldn't apply to what reporters see for themselves. If Gabe Marks or any injured player is vulnerable and there's a concern for their safety, they shouldn't be playing that week. If I'm a coach and I don't like Stephanie Loh reporting that Gabe Marks has missed three practices following a session in which he limped off the field, I don't believe that flippant remarks-, such as the one he gave the other day before he turned and Lane Kiffined his way out of the interview, is benefiting anyone. He just looks childish when he does that. I'm just saying I would handle those situations differently, and I could still adhere to my policy of not releasing information about injuries.

I get what you are saying. I love the work Stephanie loh, Thorpe, etc. have done I just don't understand why they try to push the issue when they know the policy and rules. You know Leach is going to react a certain way. So why do it...

I was just ridiculing a certain poster's paranoia that Leach has staged a coup and has Moos tied up in a dark room. But in all seriousness, my only point in all this is that it's fine for any coach to not release information about players' injuries, but I believe it shouldn't apply to what reporters see for themselves. If Gabe Marks or any injured player is vulnerable and there's a concern for their safety, they shouldn't be playing that week. If I'm a coach and I don't like Stephanie Loh reporting that Gabe Marks has missed three practices following a session in which he limped off the field, I don't believe that flippant remarks, such as the one he gave the other day before he turned and Lane Kiffined his way out of the interview, is benefiting anyone. He just looks childish when he does that. I'm just saying I would handle those situations differently, and I could still adhere to my policy of not releasing information about injuries.

At the end of the day, your attitude is the correct one for how we as fans need to view Mike Leach. The other thread got blown out of proportion because its the internet and that's what happens, but even if we don't like the way that Leach handles himself with the media, it really is just Mike being Mike. As long as he does his job and leads our program to wins, he can be a dick to reporters as much as he wants. It would be nice if he changed.....but none of us really cares all that much as long as the team does a (relatively) good job of avoiding negative publicity and does well on and off the field.

At the end of the day, your attitude is the correct one for how we as fans need to view Mike Leach. The other thread got blown out of proportion because its the internet and that's what happens, but even if we don't like the way that Leach handles himself with the media, it really is just Mike being Mike. As long as he does his job and leads our program to wins, he can be a dick to reporters as much as he wants. It would be nice if he changed.....but none of us really cares all that much as long as the team does a (relatively) good job of avoiding negative publicity and does well on and off the field.

Not trying to jump into the mix of things, but I believe its less about the first comment about Sandusky and more about the "doubling-down" on it.

Its similar to the "College football is a monopoly" thread a few months back. Its less about the first comment, and more about the "digging your heels in" kind of attitude with the posts that followed.

Not trying to jump into the mix of things, but I believe its less about the first comment about Sandusky and more about the "doubling-down" on it.

Its similar to the "College football is a monopoly" thread a few months back. Its less about the first comment, and more about the "digging your heels in" kind of attitude with the posts that followed.

You do realize that part of being an American is having a right to your own opinion? I don't mind people telling me that they don't agree with some of my comparisons and comments. The problem with this board, and the reason why the participation is so low, is that so many of these threads become extremely personal and vindictive. Someone isn't just wrong, they are a dumb ****ing asshole who should punch themselves in the face if they don't change their opinion to match the majority opinion.

There's no agree to disagree. If someone says, "fine, to each their own", it's not uncommon for the response to be along the lines of, "Yeah, if you're a dumbass". If you want to know why people dig their heels in, it's that kind of thing.

I'm not surprised that is the depth of your analysis. FWIW, if you can find where I said the two were equal........quote it. You can't, because I didn't, but because you and a couple circle jerking monkeys lack the ability to read and think, you'll try to perpetuate that myth.

Much like the two quotes you attribute to me, anything taken out of context can be made to look bad. I said that Wulff wasn't the worst coach in the history of college football even though he did need to be fired because he wasn't good enough. You change it to Wulff wasn't that bad. A couple years ago, I said that I felt that 5-6 linemen a year was too much on a sustained basis when you consider that on average, Pac-12 schools typically recruit just over 3 linemen per year. I also said that it was up to Leach to judge the needs in any given year. You leave out everything else.

Of course, that is typical of the stupidity perpetuated by a couple people on this board. The only point you try to make is how to attack other posters as much as you can.
You also said SDSU of 2011 = Auburn 2013 (which played in the national title game).

You also said SDSU of 2011 = Auburn 2013 (which played in the national title game).

That's the kind of thing I was talking about in my post above. You take a post with a series of thoughts and boil it down to something that has nothing to do with the original comment. I never said that 2011 SDSU was equivalent to 2013 Auburn. I don't even remember what was typed because it was irrelevant but trolls like you bring it up without any proof that I typed it because it makes you feel better about yourself. You repeat the lie so often that you actually believe it. How very Trump of you.

You do realize that part of being an American is having a right to your own opinion? I don't mind people telling me that they don't agree with some of my comparisons and comments. The problem with this board, and the reason why the participation is so low, is that so many of these threads become extremely personal and vindictive. Someone isn't just wrong, they are a dumb ****ing asshole who should punch themselves in the face if they don't change their opinion to match the majority opinion.

There's no agree to disagree. If someone says, "fine, to each their own", it's not uncommon for the response to be along the lines of, "Yeah, if you're a dumbass". If you want to know why people dig their heels in, it's that kind of thing.

I think it's just how one presents themselves. I've disagreed plenty with the individuals you are (probably) referring to and have yet to have the same level of screaming match with them...

This thread makes me think of a half-time interview with Lloyd Carr of Michigan. I recall the question had something to do with time management toward the end of the first half. Carr was visibly pissed when he spat, "That's a stupid question," and then ran away. My thought? What a dick.

I think it's just how one presents themselves. I've disagreed plenty with the individuals you are (probably) referring to and have yet to have the same level of screaming match with them...

You hurt my feelings once...

I get what you are saying. I love the work Stephanie loh, Thorpe, etc. have done I just don't understand why they try to push the issue when they know the policy and rules. You know Leach is going to react a certain way. So why do it...
There is no question that some members of the media enjoy getting under people's skin. Blanchette was that way with Price, and I believe Bud Withers took the same stance with Leach. Because she's a beat reporter, Loh has to be careful, but she knows how to frame her questions, e.g., two days ago she asked when Marks will return to practice. No mention of injuries was made. Of course, Leach made a flippant remark, turned, and abruptly left.

That's the kind of thing I was talking about in my post above. You take a post with a series of thoughts and boil it down to something that has nothing to do with the original comment. I never said that 2011 SDSU was equivalent to 2013 Auburn. I don't even remember what was typed because it was irrelevant but trolls like you bring it up without any proof that I typed it because it makes you feel better about yourself. You repeat the lie so often that you actually believe it. How very Trump of you.
How would I make that up? You not only said it, but defended it a la Sandusky. The only thing going for you is Rivals changed their software and I cannot search old posts.

Reactions: YakiCoug
How would I make that up? You not only said it, but defended it a la Sandusky. The only thing going for you is Rivals changed their software and I cannot search old posts.

Excuses, excuses. It wouldn't matter if you could search it or not because I never said that SDSU was equivalent to Auburn. Two years ago, you made the same claim and you couldn't find the post then. Feel free to keep making sh!t up though.

Excuses, excuses. It wouldn't matter if you could search it or not because I never said that SDSU was equivalent to Auburn. Two years ago, you made the same claim and you couldn't find the post then. Feel free to keep making sh!t up though.
while "equivalent" might be a bit strong, it's definitely not "making sh!t up." you definitely compared the two games favorably in an effort show how close the 2011 season was to being the 2013 season. i only remember it because the point was so patently absurd, and i was surprised at how vigorously you defended it.

having said that, though, i don't think it's fair to dredge something like that up to throw it in your face now.

(also, for what it's worth, i don't think you're being treated entirely fairly w/r/t the sandusky analogy. you explained pretty clearly that the two cases weren't the same and then went on to make your point about the danger of coaches being seen as above normal expectations/practices. i didn't think the analogy was very apt, but jesus, it's not like you were working on the final draft of your senior thesis or something.)

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
while "equivalent" might be a bit strong, it's definitely not "making sh!t up." you definitely compared the two games favorably in an effort show how close the 2011 season was to being the 2013 season. i only remember it because the point was so patently absurd, and i was surprised at how vigorously you defended it.

having said that, though, i don't think it's fair to dredge something like that up to throw it in your face now.

(also, for what it's worth, i don't think you're being treated entirely fairly w/r/t the sandusky analogy. you explained pretty clearly that the two cases weren't the same and then went on to make your point about the danger of coaches being seen as above normal expectations/practices. i didn't think the analogy was very apt, but jesus, it's not like you were working on the final draft of your senior thesis or something.)

Honestly, I don't remember the conversation because it was almost three years ago. I have no doubt that I compared the games in some fashion, but there is no way in hell that I would have ever said that SDSU was equivalent to Auburn in terms of talent, competition or ability.....which is what is implied with the other quote. I might look back and shake my head at whatever point I was trying to make, but I don't respect MWC teams enough to compare them to SEC schools directly.

The one thing that I will say is that the 2013 Auburn squad is a great example, particularly in hindsight, of how an average team can be deemed "great" based on the results of a handful of plays. In many respects, our team last year was very similar to that Auburn squad. Lots of close games that could have gone either way. 2013 Auburn is well regarded because they got even more of those close games to go their way. I'd gladly take an 11-1 regular season finish with a bunch of close games.

Don't say ridiculous stuff Flat and you wouldn't be playing defense all the time. Unlike ED, there is hope for you. I enjoy your viewpoints for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT