ADVERTISEMENT

So my Uber driver in Atlanta was talking...

cr8zyncalif

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
...and he told us that his nephew was the Arkansas star HS QB recruit. They had just been to Fayetteville a week or two previously to sit with one of the senior Waltons, who was the guarantor of the nephew's NIL deal. The kid's whole family was flown out for the sit down with the senior Walton. The driver would only say that it was 6 figures, and that if his nephew managed to earn a starting spot, he would be a millionaire by the time he left school. This guy was obviously not wealthy and I was not snarky enough to ask what would happen to the deal if he doesn't ever start.

Just thought y'all (see, I do pick up things while out of town!) would find this small factoid interesting.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
...and he told us that his nephew was the Arkansas star HS QB recruit. They had just been to Fayetteville a week or two previously to sit with one of the senior Waltons, who was the guarantor of the nephew's NIL deal. The kid's whole family was flown out for the sit down with the senior Walton. The driver would only say that it was 6 figures, and that if his nephew managed to earn a starting spot, he would be a millionaire by the time he left school. This guy was obviously not wealthy and I was not snarky enough to ask what would happen to the deal if he doesn't ever start.

Just thought y'all (see, I do pick up things while out of town!) would find this small factoid interesting.
Waiting for the tax implications of these deals to become real for these guys. No reason for there to be any withholdings on the NIL deals. Some guys are going to go from the penthouse to the outhouse real quick when they spend all the cash.

Arkansas is loaded with booster money, outside the Big blue bloods, they are right up There with waltons, Tyson, Jerry Jones and a few other big players.

The imbeciles at Miss State are hiring high school coaches to Try to keep local talent at home without the NIL money. It won’t work.

Geezus. Maybe instead of lamenting the west coast's ambivalence about football, we should just start being thankful that we have a life out here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT