ADVERTISEMENT

So now what?

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Men's team is now in last place, with little hope of digging very far out. Women's team a little better (9th), but not far from the bottom in June Daugherty's 20th :p year. Past year patterns indicate that the women will get worse as the season continues.

Attendance and fan interest in both programs continues to be at low levels. So what do we do?

I think Daugherty has run her course. she just needs to retire (voluntarily or other wise). I guess we give Kent another year, then the same? Unless he is willing to step down with a reduced buyout.

Speaking of buyouts, I have not followed either's contract amounts or terms. Any insight?

I'm sorry to disagree but interest in the women's program is at an all time high in my circle of friends. They are a very competitive team and I personally have never cared much one way or the other about the women's side of basketball. I now look forward to watching games on TV and have made the trip to Pullman 3 times already this year to watch the girls play. That might not be a lot but I've probably been to 3 games total before last year. June has a great recruiting class coming in that includes a 5 star point guard. Throw that in with the fact WSU is a very young team and I would say we are about to see some serious basketball in the next few years. Three or four years ago I would have agreed, fire June, but now,,, NO WAY... The conference has some very good teams and we are loosing some close games to ranked opponents. Heck last year we were the last team booted out of the NCAA tourney. So again I for one am excited about the direction of the women's program.

I'm sorry to disagree but interest in the women's program is at an all time high in my circle of friends. They are a very competitive team and I personally have never cared much one way or the other about the women's side of basketball. I now look forward to watching games on TV and have made the trip to Pullman 3 times already this year to watch the girls play. That might not be a lot but I've probably been to 3 games total before last year. June has a great recruiting class coming in that includes a 5 star point guard. Throw that in with the fact WSU is a very young team and I would say we are about to see some serious basketball in the next few years. Three or four years ago I would have agreed, fire June, but now,,, NO WAY... The conference has some very good teams and we are loosing some close games to ranked opponents. Heck last year we were the last team booted out of the NCAA tourney. So again I for one am excited about the direction of the women's program.
Agree that you stick with JD at this point.

If I were Moos, I'd work with her to address coaching issues. It's never too late to learn from others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT