ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like a couple mutt signees failed to impress ...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
at the All American Bowl. Top D-line recruit Faatui Tuitele and DB star Trent McDuffie failed to live up to the hype. Even worse, Top 100 WR recruit Kyle Ford pledged to USC over UW. And they failed to bring in Asa Turner.
Beyond that, I noticed that another UW d-line recruit, Jacob Bandes, is from the same high school as Dejon Benton, the WSU commit who switched to USC. I wonder which one is the better prospect. They have different body types, for one. Bandes is a squatty 6-2, 315, while Benton is 6-2, 260.

at the All American Bowl. Top D-line recruit Faatui Tuitele and DB star Trent McDuffie failed to live up to the hype. Even worse, Top 100 WR recruit Kyle Ford pledged to USC over UW. And they failed to bring in Asa Turner.
Beyond that, I noticed that another UW d-line recruit, Jacob Bandes, is from the same high school as Dejon Benton, the WSU commit who switched to USC. I wonder which one is the better prospect. They have different body types, for one. Bandes is a squatty 6-2, 315, while Benton is 6-2, 260.

OKGs are OKGs. Their coffee cups are not as full.

Last edited:
OKGs are OKGs. Their coffee ups are not as full.
Their coffee cups will fill up as the pressure mounts on Petey to win a significant game outside the conference.

USC has coaching and leadership issues, but Oregon and USC are arguably more talented after this recruiting cycle with the late commits SC got. Window of opportunity is closing fast.

Can you expand on this? How did they fail to live up to the hype?

My understanding is Bandes is easily considered the better prospect and overshadowed Benton. Benton is considered a similar prospect to Crowder. Of course time will tell how it all actually plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT