ADVERTISEMENT

Spokane Arena game not neutral site

CrimsonWazzu

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Per Thrope, "Next year's game at Spokane Arena will be a GU home game and the schools will not split the gate receipt."

Tell us again how this benefits WSU athletics in anyway.

because as outsiders we're trying to muscle in on another team's home turf. This arrangement allows us to do this.

it's only 3 f'ing games, people. LIPO.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:
Per Thrope, "Next year's game at Spokane Arena will be a GU home game and the schools will not split the gate receipt."

Tell us again how this benefits WSU athletics in anyway.

WSU gets the honor of playing the mighty Zags....

Just going to point out that WSU could be taking home the same or even more with whatever the guaranty is then WSU would get by splitting the gate.

IMO, the real problem is that the WSU home game is the last in the series.

I hardly think the number of games is the point. I don't think we need them nor do they need us. If they're going to dictate and not do home and home then we should dump them.

Agreed we should dump them and also dump Bill Moos. Rather deceitful way to conduct business. Not only that the next three year stretch would mean playing GU 4 years out of 5 if the same deal existed.

Dump the series. Dump Gonzaga. I for one will not buy a ticket to support Gonzaga...ever.

Originally posted by 7ICoug:
Agreed we should dump them and also dump Bill Moos. Rather deceitful way to conduct business. Not only that the next three year stretch would mean playing GU 4 years out of 5 if the same deal existed.

Dump the series. Dump Gonzaga. I for one will not buy a ticket to support Gonzaga...ever.

I also am fine with dumping the bullpups, but dumping Bill Moos? Take a deep breath.

Why is that Yaki? Tell me what he has done for Cougar Basketball ?

For one, he fired Bone. Isn't that enough at this juncture, or are you expecting an overnight miracle of a turnaround?

why do you ignore the fact Moos stripped out the assistant coaching budget for Men's BB, the travel and recruiting budgets and uniform budgets for years leading up to his firing?
Originally posted by YakiCoug:

For one, he fired Bone. Isn't that enough at this juncture, or are you expecting an overnight miracle of a turnaround?

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

why do you ignore the fact Moos stripped out the assistant coaching budget for Men's BB, the travel and recruiting budgets and uniform budgets for years leading up to his firing?

A "fact" or just a psychotic diatribe from Mrs. BonED? More sniping and griping from the 14-43 crowd?
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/18 11:05 PM by YakiCoug

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

A "fact" or just a psychotic diatribe from Mrs. BonED? More sniping and griping from the 14-43 crowd?
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/18 11:05 PM by YakiCoug
Mr. Moos told me that this conversation needs to mob over to the premium boards to talk about the many recruits Ernie Kent and staff are already targeting.

A fact. And in fact that is one of the reasons that Ben Johnson left. There are also other facts as to what the Athletic Department didn't do in the Lawhorn case. Also more facts in the Reggie Moore case.

I don't care either way.

What I was getting at is canceling the third game in that series is easy for GU. Hopefully doing so will be costly.

Ben Johnson left because he could see the writing on the wall.Johnson knew that it was just a matter of time before Bone was fired. He also had seen first hand the "quality" of recruits signed last year. Johnson knew that Bone was a hard sell to good recruits and his job had become a helpless task. Moos also knew and was just biding his time to fire Bone. Why throw good money after bad ?When you land HS recruits like they got last year,one knows that the cougs could not realistically win many games in the PAC 12. Now Moos has a coach he trusts and who can land quality recruits,that is why he is putting more money into the program. Get over it ,your man is gone and the program will quickly stabilize and WSU will field a team worth watching and the student body will be energized.Quit caterwauling and support the team.

From a selfish point of view, I get to see the Cougs play the Zags 67% of the time rather than 50% of the time. Wouldn't bother me to see the entire series played in the Arena. As for home court advantage, the GU advantage pretty much ends when they step out of the McCarthy center toward Division street. Cougs start winning games, and the bandwagon Spokane people will jump ship from GU faster than you can say Dan Fitzgerald.

Originally posted by avabob11:

From a selfish point of view, I get to see the Cougs play the Zags 67% of the time rather than 50% of the time. Wouldn't bother me to see the entire series played in the Arena.
Yes, definitely screw the students. While we're at it, let's just move the AC hoops game to the Key.

all this consternation over 1 game out of the next 90 or so?... what we're really talking about here is the 1 game being played in the Arena, right?

If Ernie gets to the tournament one time in the next 3 seasons will that make up for it?
Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:

Originally posted by avabob11:

From a selfish point of view, I get to see the Cougs play the Zags 67% of the time rather than 50% of the time. Wouldn't bother me to see the entire series played in the Arena.
Yes, definitely screw the students. While we're at it, let's just move the AC hoops game to the Key.

You mean all 150 students that bothered to show up at half the conference games. We could put all the students that have been going to games in Pullman on about 4 charter busses.

Sorry, but I don't care how bad the team was last year. We should have drawn 4000 just to watch Lacy play if people care anything about college hoops talent
This post was edited on 4/21 5:02 PM by avabob11

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT