ADVERTISEMENT

Story: FAU AD hired as Wazzu's new athletics leader

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
Kirk Shulz wanted a first-rate fundraiser as the new AD. Patrick Chun seems to fit the bill.

Story: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/reports-fau-ad-set-to-become-new-leader-of-cougs-athletics

Chun's Bio (FAU site): http://www.fausports.com/genrel/chun_patrick00.html

Athletics-Facility-Press-Confrence_Max-Jackson_NIKON-D4S_12-02-14_0058_Lightroom.jpg

It's a long distance from FAU to Pullman so it is not surprising that most of us have no prior knowledge of the man. The "Wow" factor is absent for that reason. His resume is impressive and we need to go with that. Schulz, and apparently Leach, like the guy. Our unfamiliarity with him is understandable but essentially unimportant. Let's welcome him to Cougar Nation, wish him the best and give him a chance to show what he can do.

It's a long distance from FAU to Pullman so it is not surprising that most of us have no prior knowledge of the man. The "Wow" factor is absent for that reason. His resume is impressive and we need to go with that. Schulz, and apparently Leach, like the guy. Our unfamiliarity with him is understandable but essentially unimportant. Let's welcome him to Cougar Nation, wish him the best and give him a chance to show what he can do.

Serious question. How many AD's can any of us name (not including former WSU AD's)? I am guessing that for most people, not many, if any. This was always going to be a "Who"?

His resume' looks fine.

Serious question. How many AD's can any of us name (not including former WSU AD's)? I am guessing that for most people, not many, if any. This was always going to be a "Who"?

His resume' looks fine.

A very good point. Other than those connected to the school via athletic support, attendance or geographical proximity, not many know or care. Alabama has won a bushel of national championships under Saban. Who is their AD? I don't know or care. Do you? You are perfectly correct in designating Chun as a "Who". Unless Schulz were to poach a current AD from a prominent university then the choice would be a "Who". Even, in the very remote event that he was successful in doing so, the choice would still be a "Who" as most of us would know the school but be completely in the dark as to their AD. Any way you slice it we get a "Who" not a "Wow".

To answer your question, I only am aware of Nebraska's AD for obvious reasons. Ironically, prior to today I couldn't even name WSU's AD since we did not have one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT