ADVERTISEMENT

Studs......

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
….damn glad I have mine on my car. Legislature is closed, so no hearing on banning them tomorrow.

Snowpocalypse here on the wetside. Apparently they don't have snowplows over here? (I'm a God's country-sider). Entire Puget Sound area already closed on Monday. Just because of 4,6,8,10? inches of snow. Hah.

A guy with a pickup and plow or a tractor with bucket and blade could make a bunch of money, that's for sure.

….damn glad I have mine on my car. Legislature is closed, so no hearing on banning them tomorrow.

Snowpocalypse here on the wetside. Apparently they don't have snowplows over here? (I'm a God's country-sider). Entire Puget Sound area already closed on Monday. Just because of 4,6,8,10? inches of snow. Hah.

A guy with a pickup and plow or a tractor with bucket and blade could make a bunch of money, that's for sure.
Tri-cities has somewhere between 6 and 12 inches. Hard to tell for sure, since it fell with 50 MPH winds and drifted up to 3 feet pretty frequently. Plows stopped running because they couldn’t make any progress. One ended up stuck between drifts.
Bigger problem here was all the idiots who just had to go see for themselves how bad it was. Some of those got to spend the night in their cars as a result.

Tri-cities has somewhere between 6 and 12 inches. Hard to tell for sure, since it fell with 50 MPH winds and drifted up to 3 feet pretty frequently. Plows stopped running because they couldn’t make any progress. One ended up stuck between drifts.
Bigger problem here was all the idiots who just had to go see for themselves how bad it was. Some of those got to spend the night in their cars as a result.

Getting ready to drive back to Chelan from Everett. Not looking forward to it.

For those of you familiar with NCW...Pine Canyon, between Orondo and Waterville, was closed by the DOT Saturday. Of course some idiot decided it didn't apply to him and ended up getting stuck half way down. The DOT had to end up sending a snow plow in to rescue him. All you could see of his truck was his lumber rack and the top of the cab.
WSP said he'll be hearing from them. DOT said he'll be getting a bill in the mail.
There's a picture out there somewhere of his truck barely visible.

For those of you familiar with NCW...Pine Canyon, between Orondo and Waterville, was closed by the DOT Saturday. Of course some idiot decided it didn't apply to him and ended up getting stuck half way down. The DOT had to end up sending a snow plow in to rescue him. All you could see of his truck was his lumber rack and the top of the cab.
WSP said he'll be hearing from them. DOT said he'll be getting a bill in the mail.

That was on the KXLY Facebook page, and Good Morning America.

Speaking of studded tires...for years I've wanted those banned or taxed heavily if not banned. They tear up the roads that we all pay to have repaired and are not necessary. Get AWD or 4-wheel drive vehicles and some good tires!

Speaking of studded tires...for years I've wanted those banned or taxed heavily if not banned. They tear up the roads that we all pay to have repaired and are not necessary. Get AWD or 4-wheel drive vehicles and some good tires!

Oh no...you didn't just say that....see endless thread below on the subject. Haha...

This one?

Careful now. You're gonna piss Loyal off. :D

They are doing amazing things with non studded winter tires these days. I got my workhorse Camry hybrid fitted with some blizzaks and I swear that car handles better in the snow than the outback I used to have all weather tires on. Those blizzak tires make me feel like I’m in an AWD.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
They are doing amazing things with non studded winter tires these days. I got my workhorse Camry hybrid fitted with some blizzaks and I swear that car handles better in the snow than the outback I used to have all weather tires on. Those blizzak tires make me feel like I’m in an AWD.

Don't bother Loyal. He's busy shoving coal into his furnace. :D

I put chains on my Lamborghini and it works like a charm.

Studs are better on ice, no doubt. However there are several studdless snow tires, by Bridgestone, Yokohama, and Michelin, that will out perform a studded tire in every other category.

Oh no...you didn't just say that....see endless thread below on the subject. Haha...

No, Scott deleted the thread. I guess he is a Prius-driving all season tire guy. Like the fools I was pushing out of my parking lot yesterday. I need some cop bumpers on my Subaru for shoving idiots out of the way.

Unbelievable weather. Everything closed on the wetside. Been snowing all morning in the South Sound. WSU closed. Highways closed.

Oh and I see it might turn to rain this PM. So ice tonight, flooding tomorrow.

Studs are better on ice, no doubt. However there are several studdless snow tires, by Bridgestone, Yokohama, and Michelin, that will out perform a studded tire in every other category.

Are they pinned for studs? That would be heaven. :)

studs are worthless unless you are on packed ice, they should be outlawed

Been driving around anywhere in the State of Washington the last few days? Or nights? Or plan to tonight?

Let's just say that packed ice exists in a few places in the state right now.

And studs are the ONLY thing that works on black ice. I've run studs for almost 40 years and they have saved my ass, and my loved ones asses, on many, many occasions. And will again. So you stud haters just keep on hating. And don't go out when it is icy. Better yet, move to Southern Arizona.

Been driving around anywhere in the State of Washington the last few days? Or nights? Or plan to tonight?

Let's just say that packed ice exists in a few places in the state right now.

And studs are the ONLY thing that works on black ice. I've run studs for almost 40 years and they have saved my ass, and my loved ones asses, on many, many occasions. And will again. So you stud haters just keep on hating. And don't go out when it is icy. Better yet, move to Southern Arizona.

You should pay much higher taxes for using them.

Wasn’t it an Oregon TE who was caught with a sheep a couple years ago? Did he transfer to UW?

Oregon State, DL. And he stole a gay sheep from a research center.

Norm would not have prosecuted.

You should pay much higher taxes for using them.

That would be fine.

And fat people should pay much higher rates for straining our medical system, and higher taxes for straining Medicare and Medicaid. And the dipshits who are getting stuck and causing accidents and straining law enforcement because they are driving in the snow and ice without proper tires should pay an idiot tax and be banned from driving in the winter.

That would be fine.

And fat people should pay much higher rates for straining our medical system, and higher taxes for straining Medicare and Medicaid. And the dipshits who are getting stuck and causing accidents and straining law enforcement because they are driving in the snow and ice without proper tires should pay an idiot tax and be banned from driving in the winter.
Don’t forget smokers, drinkers, anti-Vaxers, the elderly, the disabled, and anyone with a chronic illness.

That would be fine.

Except that studded tires tear up all roads. Fat people don't necessarily strain Medicare and Medicaid. Some fat people die of heart failure young and pay a lot more into the system than they take out of it.

Don’t forget smokers, drinkers, anti-Vaxers, the elderly, the disabled, and anyone with a chronic illness.

You forgot lawyers. Talk about leeches on society. :rolleyes:

What about dumb people?

Speaking of, I think us paying WW customers qualify as the dumb ones, covering the cost of the freeloading leeches.

Except that studded tires tear up all roads. Fat people don't necessarily strain Medicare and Medicaid. Some fat people die of heart failure young and pay a lot more into the system than they take out of it.

The damage caused by a few months/year of studded tire use by a small % of the population is overblown. But I am happy to pay more than the $5/tire that is currently charged. Helluva lot cheaper than sliding off the road and possibly killing someone. Even myself.

And you should visit a cardiologist's office sometime.

But enough of this. Snowmaggeddon Snowpocalypse is unbelievable out there. And here comes the rain.

You forgot lawyers. Talk about leeches on society. :rolleyes:

Speaking of, I think us paying WW customers qualify as the dumb ones, covering the cost of the freeloading leeches.

The damage caused by a few months/year of studded tire use by a small % of the population is overblown. But I am happy to pay more than the $5/tire that is currently charged. Helluva lot cheaper than sliding off the road and possibly killing someone. Even myself.

And you should visit a cardiologist's office sometime.

But enough of this. Snowmaggeddon Snowpocalypse is unbelievable out there. And here comes the rain.

WSDOT disagrees with you on road damage.

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/NR/rdonlyr...AFA2-808207BCEE7E/0/PavementsStuddedTires.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT