ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl field

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Been reading and watching videos on this thing. Still can't get my arms around it. A giant tray, and UNLV plays on an artificial field that resides underneath? And the fiasco last year in Phoenix?

Crazy shit man.

Been reading and watching videos on this thing. Still can't get my arms around it. A giant tray, and UNLV plays on an artificial field that resides underneath? And the fiasco last year in Phoenix?

Crazy shit man.

The issue with the 49ers practice turf at UNLV is that they brought in natural turf and laid it on top of the artificial turf that UNLV uses for practice. What they didn't plan on was the atmospheric river that is pouring rain all over CA is also coming into Las Vegas and getting their nice turf they planned on practicing on drenched. UNLV's practice field is not covered so you get what mother nature gives you. The 49ers love our indoor training facilities but the outdoor natural turf they added is on them.

As for Allegiant Stadium I don't think there will be any problems. The stadium was built to accommodate two fields depending on whether UNLV or the Raiders are playing that day. It's like the redundant locker rooms at Allegiant. UNLV has their own separate locker rooms not used by the NFL.

Crazy shit man.

It’s bizarre. Take a look at soccer (outside of EPL) leagues who operate with way less of a budget than the NFL and their fields are immaculate. There’s really no excuse the field for the SB and the teams practicing for it should be pristine every year.

It’s bizarre. Take a look at soccer (outside of EPL) leagues who operate with way less of a budget than the NFL and their fields are immaculate. There’s really no excuse the field for the SB and the teams practicing for it should be pristine every year.
The pussies should just play on artificial turf in the indoor stadiums. That stuff has come a long, long way.

And this practice field BS. Laying down grass over artificial turf for SF? WTF? Why the hell don't these teams just stay at home and practice and fly in on Friday?

The pussies should just play on artificial turf in the indoor stadiums. That stuff has come a long, long way.

And this practice field BS. Laying down grass over artificial turf for SF? WTF? Why the hell don't these teams just stay at home and practice and fly in on Friday?
It’s still sticky and grass is still better. Considering it’s mandated by FIFA on the international stage I’m surprised it’s not that way for the NFL.

Crazy shit man.

Boyd Gaming Corporation just donated $6.5 million for UNLV to build an indoor practice facility. Thanks 49ers for bitching so much.

Reactions: Coug90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT