ADVERTISEMENT

Tana Pritchard

Whatever and however this happened, good for him to work so hard as to graduate early. That's a big deal and should be applauded. Leaving the program… It is what it is. We'll never know why or his reasons. All is conjecture but glad he stuck around, glad he graduated. Smart kid in that regard.

Awesome for him that he graduated early. Was pretty much out of the rotation by midseason. Tough kid, but another kid that isn't a Pac-12 athlete, but at least he was from Washington so that had to appease the legislators, right?

Originally posted by Brent H.:
Awesome for him that he graduated early. Was pretty much out of the rotation by midseason. Tough kid, but another kid that isn't a Pac-12 athlete, but at least he was from Washington so that had to appease the legislators, right?
roll.r191677.gif

This is exactly what I expected to happen. The guys that Leach and co. don't see a legitimate contributors/starters are being encouraged to transfer.

What I am curious on is can coaches use the "preferred walk-on" category to "over-sign" guys and give them scholarships before fall ball starts.

Originally posted by ttowncoug:
This is exactly what I expected to happen. The guys that Leach and co. don't see a legitimate contributors/starters are being encouraged to transfer.

What I am curious on is can coaches use the "preferred walk-on" category to "over-sign" guys and give them scholarships before fall ball starts.
There is competition and pressure like this at every competitive program in the country. I wish it had worked out for him football-wise. Clearly school did. Congrats to the young man for getting his degree in three and one-half years (enrolled in 2011). I hope he remains close to the program as an alum. Wish him the best.

This post was edited on 12/23 2:54 PM by YakiCoug

Walkons need to be in the program for 2 years or their scholarship goes against the 25 is the way I understand it. I'm not sure how transfers count but I believe it's the same.
Originally posted by ttowncoug:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT