ADVERTISEMENT

Tentative COUG Express to Santa Clara - P12 Championship Game

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island
Heads up. Zach Wurtz and I are working at organizing a Round Trip Coach Chartered Bus from Bellevue to Santa Clara on 11/29.

Of course this is pending on beating the Dawgs in the AC.

Pac-12 Championship Game
Friday 11/30 @ 5:00PM (one week following the Apple Cup).
Levi Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
COUGS WIN: We're in the Rose Bowl.

Magical Season, enjoy the ride~!

Express Coach ride, with the possibility of an overnight hotel stay. We may just skip the hotel, depending everyone's feedback. There is a decent bathroom onboard, AC Power outlets on every row, and the driver makes plenty of stops at popular truck stops as needed. Modern Premium Coach.

Zach was the organizer of the COUG EXPRESS for GameDay in Pullman, where we arrived at 4:30am.

It's a 14 hour drive to Santa Clara, and of course by law, the coach would need to change drivers.
Cost? TBD. The GameDay express was $99.

Any feedback/interest?

Last edited:
Reactions: acgcoug and Coug90
I’d be in. Plane tix bought within a week are usually spendy, and im always down for a road trip! Keep me posted on the details (drinking on the bus??)

I’d be in. Plane tix bought within a week are usually spendy, and im always down for a road trip! Keep me posted on the details (drinking on the bus??)
There's no restrictions on drinking, of course it's BYOB.

Also, there's electrical AC outlets on every single row. We actually picked up USB Battery Pack phone chargers on Amazon and hardly used it, since the bus had AC outlets.

Last edited:
I really like this kind of stuff that helps bring fellow Cougars together. Like the gameday flag, start small with a few, and grow the network of Cougs across the country to help. Good on you guys for organizing it.

A bus/van or whatever from S. California up through Central Coast Cali would also be a good idea if someone was capable of organizing something similar.

I am in Central Coast Cali, 3.5 hours to Santa Clara, 2.5-3 hours to LA. Once out of LA, the drive north to San Jose/Santa Clara is a breeze.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Sweet!! WiFi?? Also I’d pay extra if you can find a hardcore Husky fan to drive the bus.
No WiFi. You could use your phone as a Hot Spot if you're thinking using an iPad to watch VUDU, Netflix, movies, etc.

Actually, you download your favorite movies to your iPad or Samsung Tablet hard drive, from VUDU or Netflix, then you don't need WiFi.

Last edited:
Heads up. Zach Wurtz and I are working at organizing a Round Trip Coach Chartered Bus from Bellevue to Santa Clara on 11/29.

Of course this is pending on beating the Dawgs in the AC.

Pac-12 Championship Game
Friday 11/30 @ 5:00PM (one week following the Apple Cup).
Levi Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
COUGS WIN: We're in the Rose Bowl.

Magical Season, enjoy the ride~!

Express Coach ride, with the possibility of an overnight hotel stay. We may just skip the hotel, depending everyone's feedback. There is a decent bathroom onboard, AC Power outlets on every row, and the driver makes plenty of stops at popular truck stops as needed. Modern Premium Coach.

Zach was the organizer of the COUG EXPRESS for GameDay in Pullman, where we arrived at 4:30am.

It's a 14 hour drive to Santa Clara, and of course by law, the coach would need to change drivers.
Cost? TBD. The GameDay express was $99.

Any feedback/interest?
This sounds awesome, particularly if you can pick up some Portland/Vancouver fans on the way. I'd vote for skipping the hotel and heading north after the game's over.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT