ADVERTISEMENT

The coaching trend (especially among defensive minded coaches) is aggressive offensive

CougEd

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
play calling. Dickert made a dumb decision to go for two and those seem to always come back and haunt a coach.

Justin Wilcox went for two in the first quarter. Then had to go for two to catch up. Making it 12. add a field goal and Cal lost by two . Should have been tied.

Dickert goes for two in the first quarter . Why? Then has to go for two late in the game. When they kicked the FG to go up by 8, if he just kicks the extra point he is up by ten and Fresno doesn't have a chance to win.

Dan Lanning did the same thing. He like Dickert lucky it didn't haunt him as OSU was in FG range. but OsU qb messed up.

Lanning has lost two games to UW simply because he wouldn't take the field goals and went for fourth and goal or fourth and short.

There is no clearer example of this aggressive mentality than Brandon Staley of the Chargers. He literally costs the Chargers two consecutive playoff appearances by not kicking the field goal.

And the 4th and short on our side of the field has to stop. There is much greater down side if you miss it versus upside if you make it.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
The decision to go for 2 was something they decided during the BYE week. I didn’t like the play or the execution, but the call didn’t bother me. We’ve missed more than a couple PATs and short FGs.

Our problems on offense are deeper than that decision.

Reactions: Cougini5591
The decision to go for 2 was something they decided during the BYE week. I didn’t like the play or the execution, but the call didn’t bother me. We’ve missed more than a couple PATs and short FGs.

Our problems on offense are deeper than that decision.
There is no need to ho for two. Yes we have issues and that is why you take the points. Chip Kelly use to do it at Oregon cause he knew in the course of the game one point wont matter cause there will be another 42 coming. He also did it cause it told the opponent another 42 are coming.

What they saw during the bye week they can do it when they need a play.

Vegas said WSU -3.5 on the road in a hostile setting in front of a sellout crowd.

The team exceeded that collective expectation winning by 2 scores.

It was an exciting game.

5-1

Team is coming home!

Can I get an AMEN?

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
There is no need to ho for two. Yes we have issues and that is why you take the points. Chip Kelly use to do it at Oregon cause he knew in the course of the game one point wont matter cause there will be another 42 coming. He also did it cause it told the opponent another 42 are coming.

What they saw during the bye week they can do it when they need a play.
I don't disagree with you, but going for 2 after a BYE week, after an early score shouldn't decide the outcome of the game. Do I love the decision? No. Did it infuriate me? Also No.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT