ADVERTISEMENT

These bowls are sucking for the most part

froropmkr72

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
Navy demolished Virginia? Pac12 schools not prepared (other than Utah) and most games not even worth watching past the first 1 1/2 quarters. Good to see Army win in an exciting game. Looks like 3 even match ups coming now.

Reactions: Coug95man2
We're just now getting into the ranked teams, the ones that actually deserve to be there.

Leach needs Utah's coach to get our team prepared for our bowl game. He knows how it's done!!

I actually thought the Arizona game was decent. Sure they lost a close one at the end and AZ doesn't have a D, but it was at least somewhat exciting to watch.

I was actually rooting against UCLA in their game against KSU. I loved their implosion in the 2nd half of their game where they gave up like 28 points and laid a goose egg for the half. I know we are supposed to root for the pac12 in bowl games but I just can't bring myself to root for 3 teams: UCLA, Whoregon, and of course UW. Happy that Utah won.

Reactions: froropmkr72
With so many bowls in obscure locations, including northern climates, why isn’t there a Seattle Bowl in Century Link? Makes no sense at all.

To me Bowl games are worthless. Once they went away from the old set system they have become more meaningless with each passing year. I love watching football and I don't watch any of them including ours. It doesn't appear that most kids and teams outside of the top 4 now even really care all that much about the bowl "game". I'm sure they enjoy the experience,but I don't see much in the games. The dog and pony show that is college football now makes all bowls outside the playoff feel like consolation games and it shows

Because the way non-conference scheduling is the way it is, the only chance WSU has to play Purdue, Oklahoma, Michigan, Miami, and Michigan State is either in a bowl or a body bag game (you know the ones that Doba & Sterk said WSU wouldn't play in until they did [Auburn 2006]).
Not sure they could even get Minnesota, Colorado State or Houston to agree to a home and home.

The tie-ins sucked for that bowl. There has to be a market for a P12N team, a MWC champ or runner up.
Who wants to go to Seattle in December (or late November) unless they are already there?
If the Pac12 adopts SEC type scheduling, it makes more sense for WSU just to play a FCS team in Safeco around Thanksgiving break (cheaper rent and it is enclosed)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT