ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson no longer a Warrior

Warriors messed up and spent a pile on Draymond. Klay expected to be treated with the same respect for his years of service.

A pissed off Klay is a dangerous Klay.

Warriors messed up and spent a pile on Draymond. Klay expected to be treated with the same respect for his years of service.

A pissed off Klay is a dangerous Klay.
I'm confused. Klay made over $40 million last year. Were the Warriors going to significantly reduce that? $50M over 3 years? It doesn't appear to be $50M/year.

CBS says he rejected $24M/year ($48M over 2 years) during the season. I'm sure that reduced to the amount you show after the season.

3 years $50 million with no income tax in Texas isn’t bad.

I think Klay has something else to prove besides money.

For those with a The Athletic subscription, here is a story regarding how the divorce occurred.

"The tensest of 24-hour stretches in Klay Thompson’s 13th and final season as a Golden State Warrior — ending in an unceremonious divorce that stunned so many this week — came directly before this past All-Star break, during and after a home collapse against the LA Clippers.

The Warriors were on a five-game win streak that opened in Brooklyn a week prior, the same night Steve Kerr opted to close with little-known Gui Santos over Thompson because Santos made a few fourth-quarter hustle plays and Thompson had been slumping..."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT