ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the Spring Game???

To do sooo little with so much should have told the UO admin everything they needed to know about Cristobal. He sucks. Any program counting on true frosh to make plays for them, let alone an entire class to make plays for them, is struggling.

I think Walden is a dope. I will give him credit for his saying about freshmen. 1 loss for every freshman starting. How many is UO gonna start???

"He's a dope" but I am gonna quote him anyway . That is good

I think I’m going leave this sound right here on this thread of Coach Mele. His answer starting at about 3:10 mark in particular speaks to this topic.

Love it!

I think I’m going leave this sound right here on this thread of Coach Mele. His answer starting at about 3:10 mark in particular speaks to this topic.

Love it!

lol

It’s the type of kid they have. They werent pitched on football. They werent sold on coaching. They were sold on glitz, glam, luxury. There are 0 hard nosed kids at UO because they attract 0 hard nosed kids to UO. The kid looking at schools amd focusing on shiny stuff is FOCUSING on the wrong things. That guy isnt gonna win you football games. He will believe the hype and stars, cry at halftime when he is getting his ass whipped.

The only reason I think that could happen is that we lose at least 3 QBs after this year (Gubrud, Tinsley, and Gordon are all seniors). We'll have 2 scholarship kids in Cooper and Cruz, and a walk-on in Bledsoe...plus whichever freshman we sign in the current recruiting cycle.

But, I think the lean at that point will be to go all-in on someone already on the roster. There will be rookie mistakes, but the upside in years 2-3 (and 4, if Cruz wins) should be much higher.

Angelos will be on the roster too. Assuming everyone remains, we'll be fine without another grad transfer.

Handing the reins to a freshman is when the QB room clears out.

Angelos will be on the roster too. Assuming everyone remains, we'll be fine without another grad transfer.

Handing the reins to a freshman is when the QB room clears out.
Unless all the QBs are freshmen.

Going into 2020, we'll have a RS Junior (Bledsoe - who's a walk-on), RS Soph (Cooper), 2 RS (probably) freshmen (Cruz & Angelos). So I don't think we clear the room, no matter who gets named starter.

Because of the way we recruit the QB position, we're always going to lose guys. But I don't think we're going to see an exodus once the 2020 starter is named.

Biggs, your last post is about 110% right. I remember Walden saying that back when he first got the HC job. I'd modify that to say 2 losses for every freshman starting on the OL and 3 losses for every freshman starting at QB. And Cristobal is one of those guys who has some success....some due to his own efforts, some due to the efforts of others, and some due to luck...and wrongly assumes that all the success was due to his efforts. When there are not others to prop him up, he will stumble. I don't know his staff this year, so it is hard to predict whether he has the missing pieces, or not. But until he recognizes that he doesn't make it all happen himself, it seems unlikely that he will have the folks he needs to carry him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT