ADVERTISEMENT

Time to focus on ASU....ASU 10th in Pac-12 on pass D....

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
We should be much more productive in the passing game.

Keys:
1. Falk limiting mistakes. No stupid INTs. No stupid decisions like waiting too long.
2. Blocking. ASU is going to pressure till the cows come home. We've got to pick this up. I see more 2 back sets to give Falk time and protection.

Weather is supposed to be cool and wet.

I agree. Time to turn our attention to Pullman once again.

It's gonna be another ROCKER!!! in Pullman, Saturday.

But wait. How about expecting the opposite? When experts predict a low scoring game, it ends in a shootout. When they say, "you have no defense", we look like we're a top 10 team. When people say, "you can't stop the run", or "you can't contain the best running back and punt returner in the nation", we stop him.

On wi-fi, ASU should be a breeze. "10th in Pass Defense", but the actual game will turn out totally different!!!! Right? Why can't we stop for a minute, and just predict the opposite?

We should be much more productive in the passing game.

Keys:
1. Falk limiting mistakes. No stupid INTs. No stupid decisions like waiting too long.
2. Blocking. ASU is going to pressure till the cows come home. We've got to pick this up. I see more 2 back sets to give Falk time and protection.

Weather is supposed to be cool and wet.
Regarding the blocking point… Picking up on the pressure/rush. That is the beauty of the Air Raid. The "mesh" will be utilized quickly. As soon as Falk sees the blitz coming, the slant/mesh will be targeted. I predict Cracraft will have the best game he's had this year.

Regarding the blocking point… Picking up on the pressure/rush. That is the beauty of the Air Raid. The "mesh" will be utilized quickly. As soon as Falk sees the blitz coming, the slant/mesh will be targeted. I predict Cracraft will have the best game he's had this year.

There is the saying, "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz".

There is the saying, "Live by the blitz, die by the blitz".

People are also saying that Graham/Ball and ASU are cheating stealing signals. If that's the case they could be investigated by the NCAA. Utah claimed they were doing it and so has Oregon. It wouldn't surprise me if they were considering how much sleaze is over there.

People are also saying that Graham/Ball and ASU are cheating stealing signals. If that's the case they could be investigated by the NCAA. Utah claimed they were doing it and so has Oregon. It wouldn't surprise me if they were considering how much sleaze is over there.
Did you also noticed that they lost to both Oregon and Utah, who insisted they cheated? Apparently their cheating didn't work, right?

You saw that Oregon set up those shower curtains.

Did you also noticed that they lost to both Oregon and Utah, who insisted they cheated? Apparently their cheating didn't work, right?

Also, stealing signals isn't by rule "illegal" unless the means by which they are "stolen" is in violation of another rule. If you display your hand/card signs openly and don't change them, they are going to get figured out.

Sweeney Todd = Sleazy Todd

Those two teams also set in precautions to address it.

"After these "suspicions and tips" that ASU had deciphered Utah's signals, the coaches decided to huddle. Utah managed 118 yards of offense and 20 unanswered points in the final quarter after churning out only 33 total yards and no points in the third." Source

750x422

I don't care if the other teams went around their cheating ways.

They are cheating. People know they are cheating, and the NCAA should look into it and they should be sanctioned and Ball and Graham should be out. When it's this obvious there is a huge problem.

Also, stealing signals isn't by rule "illegal" unless the means by which they are "stolen" is in violation of another rule. If you display your hand/card signs openly and don't change them, they are going to get figured out.

It depends on how they are stealing them. The NCAA is clear on the rules.

"f. Any attempt to record, either through audio or video means, any signals given by an opposing player, coach or other team personnel is prohibited."

So if they are recording them (which they probably are as even ASU players are noticed looking at the other teams bench trying which requires a lot of prep work). They are probably cheating in some way.

Whether they are recording them and giving print outs to players or what. It's gotten to a point where people are noticing they are doing it. So something is up.

I hope they get sanctioned and sleaze ball is eating garbage out of a trashcan for it.

All of this noise, (negative Press on a national level) for ASU won't help their morale going into Martin on Saturday. This may effect their team and making plays, wouldn't you think?

All of this noise, (negative Press on a national level) for ASU won't help their morale going into Martin on Saturday. This may effect their team and making plays, wouldn't you think?

If they let outside noise effect them they aren't a very well coached team. People will say whatever they are going to say, and that's the way it is. They got accused of stealing plays by two teams in a row. It's their own fault for doing it and that's how things go when you do stuff that possibility is a rules violation. Nobody else is trying to steal plays like they are and well if they don't like the noise then they shouldn't steal plays. If it gets to them then well it's a pretty fragile team. This was a "national championship" caliber team Graham was pushing to start the year and well it has fallen flat on his face.

Graham doesn't have a long tenure coaching. the most he's ever been anywhere is 4 years. And well this is year 4 for him. At Tulsa he had 2 10 win seasons 1 5 win season (3rd year) and another 10 win season. He was only at Pitt and Rice for 1 year. So basically looking at him right now he's kind of due for his standard 5 win season. He's never really coached his own players for long, and looking at how things may develop after this year...he may be looking to run to one of the many openings happening around the country.

Watch out because I bet he leaves for West Virginia if Holgersen leaves/gets fired. West Virginia is in the Big XII. He was a co-DC there and they are in the Big XII which recruits Texas heavily and he has Texas ties.

It also won't surprise me to see Rich Rod bail and head for South Carolina/Virginia Tech.

So however they play this weekend it may be the last time we see Graham in the Pac 12.

If they let outside noise effect them they aren't a very well coached team. People will say whatever they are going to say, and that's the way it is. They got accused of stealing plays by two teams in a row. It's their own fault for doing it and that's how things go when you do stuff that possibility is a rules violation. Nobody else is trying to steal plays like they are and well if they don't like the noise then they shouldn't steal plays. If it gets to them then well it's a pretty fragile team. This was a "national championship" caliber team Graham was pushing to start the year and well it has fallen flat on his face.

Graham doesn't have a long tenure coaching. the most he's ever been anywhere is 4 years. And well this is year 4 for him. At Tulsa he had 2 10 win seasons 1 5 win season (3rd year) and another 10 win season. He was only at Pitt and Rice for 1 year. So basically looking at him right now he's kind of due for his standard 5 win season. He's never really coached his own players for long, and looking at how things may develop after this year...he may be looking to run to one of the many openings happening around the country.

Watch out because I bet he leaves for West Virginia if Holgersen leaves/gets fired. West Virginia is in the Big XII. He was a co-DC there and they are in the Big XII which recruits Texas heavily and he has Texas ties.

It also won't surprise me to see Rich Rod bail and head for South Carolina/Virginia Tech.

So however they play this weekend it may be the last time we see Graham in the Pac 12.
Glenn Parker was on a local radio show and he said they all do it, ASU just better at it. It is only illegal if they are caught using electronics to do it. It could be as easy as having three grad students with binoculars charting the signals, formations and plays and writing this info down.

Not any different than a guy on second stealing the catchers signs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT