ADVERTISEMENT

To clinch the Broyles Award

random soul

Hall Of Fame
Dec 23, 2002
At least in the eyes of Coug fans, Tracy Claeys' mission is to take away Myles Gaskin. If Browning beats us, I guess he beats us, but I can't handle another game of Gaskin ripping off 8 yards a carry. Shut down the UW running game and we have a shot.

Reactions: 79COUG
At least in the eyes of Coug fans, Tracy Claeys' mission is to take away Myles Gaskin. If Browning beats us, I guess he beats us, but I can't handle another game of Gaskin ripping off 8 yards a carry. Shut down the UW running game and we have a shot.
WSU's defense has been much better than last season at stopping the run. They gave up 146.2 yards per game last year and so far, have given up 125.5 this season. That is moving from 42nd place last season to 23rd this season.

WSU's defense has been much better than last season at stopping the run. They gave up 146.2 yards per game last year and so far, have given up 125.5 this season. That is moving from 42nd place last season to 23rd this season.
And at home the D has been downright salty against the run. Combine that with a QB who is keeping the chains moving and not going into long funks, and this ain’t the same game we’ve gotten used to watching the last few years.

We need to get off to a good start. Hard to face UW defense when you are down 14+ early. I personally think the difference will be our offense's ability to sustain drives unlike recent seasons. Wear their D down while our D stays fresh and rested.

Reactions: ATACFD
We need to get off to a good start. Hard to face UW defense when you are down 14+ early. I personally think the difference will be our offense's ability to sustain drives unlike recent seasons. Wear their D down while our D stays fresh and rested.

Our O is upgraded in several ways compared to previous apple cups. The OL play as a unit is far superior. Our OL coach is an upgrade. That combined with Minshew's quick decision making, and elusiveness, is going to lead to a different story for UW's ability to cause sacks/pressure compared to previous AC's. Furthermore, the breadth and depth of our receiving corps is way better than previous years.

Defensively, UW is good but not elite this year. We should be able to sustain drives.

Our O is upgraded in several ways compared to previous apple cups. The OL play as a unit is far superior. Our OL coach is an upgrade. That combined with Minshew's quick decision making, and elusiveness, is going to lead to a different story for UW's ability to cause sacks/pressure compared to previous AC's. Furthermore, the breadth and depth of our receiving corps is way better than previous years.

Defensively, UW is good but not elite this year. We should be able to sustain drives.
Uw is Cal with better athletes in places This game is no gimme. But I expect a better performance this year on both sides of the ball. If a bad longsnap costs us the game I may scream

Spurrier up as the "eye in the skye" will help as well. Better adjustments.....I hope we continue to use the Modified RPO (air raid version), brings linebackers up and really opens up the middle of the field. I also think Borghi and Williams can win in the flat.

Spurrier up as the "eye in the skye" will help as well. Better adjustments.....I hope we continue to use the Modified RPO (air raid version), brings linebackers up and really opens up the middle of the field. I also think Borghi and Williams can win in the flat.
Big Gulp Flea Flicker. Less because it's necessary and more to rub Pete's face in it

I agree with your opinion regarding the O-line. The low number of sacks is one thing but what I find pleasant is the push when it's short and goal. Several times now we have watched the line shove the opposing D-line back into the end zone. Reminds me of a rugby scrum with big bodies shoving the other big bodies backward. Didn't see that last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT