ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Stevens Penn State

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
back up QB. Got opportunities in what they call the ‘Lion’ position. Extremely strong arm, dual threat runner. He’s following our coaches on Twitter and vice versa. Grad transfer with 2 years to play, immediately eligible.

I think it is quite soon too, but I can't help think of who will be our QB this coming year. I like this possible get. I'd like to see him come in and give it a shot.

A mobile QB with the reins to make those kinds of choices (aka running when he see's open field)... in the Air Raid... yes please. Or even just able to put another wrinkle into the game.

One of the first highlights of him taking that big hit but throwing waaaay down field. Wowza. He has an arm. But one of his highlights shows he has a soft touch, too. Pretty well rounded QB, it seems. Could fill in where we need it. Hard to read TOO much into these highlights but I like what I see. Let some of these youngsters have the year or 2 they need.

Can I just say... it amazes me how our QB situation is always in turmoil. Murphy sure has hung around the QB position at WSU.

A mobile QB with the reins to make those kinds of choices (aka running when he see's open field)... in the Air Raid... yes please. Or even just able to put another wrinkle into the game.

One of the first highlights of him taking that big hit but throwing waaaay down field. Wowza. He has an arm. But one of his highlights shows he has a soft touch, too. Pretty well rounded QB, it seems. Could fill in where we need it. Hard to read TOO much into these highlights but I like what I see. Let some of these youngsters have the year or 2 they need.

Can I just say... it amazes me how our QB situation is always in turmoil. Murphy sure has hung around the QB position at WSU.

WSU would be a perfect landing spot for him to have a one and done season ( really do not think he will play 2 before jumping to the NFL). He can work-on and showcase his QB skills in Leach's offense and raise his draft stock far higher than playing the "Lion" position.

Yes....he looks the part. Has 2 years left on the clock. Is a great looking athlete on paper. Could really thrive, and put up incredible numbers, under Leach.

Also, his Penn State experience, and veteran leadership will be very important to the development of the younger guys.

back up QB. Got opportunities in what they call the ‘Lion’ position. Extremely strong arm, dual threat runner. He’s following our coaches on Twitter and vice versa. Grad transfer with 2 years to play, immediately eligible.

It was gut punch to realize this is a reality, but it is a reality. We are sitting with 3 scholarship QB's right now and 1 is going to be a RS freshman, a true freshman and a JC transfer that was 3rd string last year. Coaches in a QB for this upcoming year and they probably want to burn Cooper's RS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT