ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV and Utah State

WaltherPPK

Redshirt
Sep 8, 2014
Spokane
PAC 6 - stop ****ing around and GET these two !

FORGET anything east of the divide that doesn't start with TEXAS STATE !

FORGET Air Force and Cal and Furd !

And, FORGET the turds on this board who keep posting about their wet dreams that somehow the Big 12 is gonna WANT WSU ! ! !

I was looking around and supposedly there is going to be an announcement that UNLV, Utah State and UTSA are going to join the Pac-12. Rumor is that Tulane, USF and Memphis are also on the table but Memphis is the one having cold feet.

I didn’t see anything imminent. Looks like UNLV and Utah St. are the remaining targets from MWC. Air Force is also receiving the info but it sounds like they are interested in the AAC too. Memphis turning this down, in what will be a good Bball conference is crazy. They might be getting some dark line phone calls from big12 or acc to stand pat.

I didn’t see anything imminent. Looks like UNLV and Utah St. are the remaining targets from MWC. Air Force is also receiving the info but it sounds like they are interested in the AAC too. Memphis turning this down, in what will be a good Bball conference is crazy. They might be getting some dark line phone calls from big12 or acc to stand pat.
Here you go. Memphis, etc. would have to pay $27M each to leave the AAC. Basically the same as the MW poaching+exit fees. Allright, go get UNLV and one other to get to 8 and stand pat for now.

I don't get the UNLV love. Traditionally they are a bad bad football program. Four bowl games in school history (Fresno 31). They have lost more than 60 percent of their games. Game attendance is dismal. They had only 5 games that were broadcasted last year (Boise had 10, Fresno 8). In basketball they last won the MWC in 2000, its been more than 30 years since Tark roamed the floor. Yeah, Vegas is a holiday hub, but... is that why you invite a school to join a conference in need of a lucrative TV deal. No one in Vegas or elsewhere gives a crap about UNLV. Virtually everyone who lives in Vegas is from somewhere other than Nevada. What am I missing?

Unlv (Las Vegas) is a phenomenal location for conference championship and our new conference can make a lot of noise in doing so.

I think Las Vegas airport might be the easiest to use in all major cities

Reactions: Coug90
Unlv (Las Vegas) is a phenomenal location for conference championship and our new conference can make a lot of noise in doing so.

Continue to hold Pac-12 championships there like the conference has been doing w/o UNLV? Vegas is a great place for that, I agree. But you don't need add a school that will be a financial drain to do that, or UNLV would already be a Pac-12 member. You get all the upside of Vegas w/o the UNLV downside, i.e. no fan base.

I don't get the UNLV love. Traditionally they are a bad bad football program. Four bowl games in school history (Fresno 31). They have lost more than 60 percent of their games. Game attendance is dismal. They had only 5 games that were broadcasted last year (Boise had 10, Fresno 8). In basketball they last won the MWC in 2000, its been more than 30 years since Tark roamed the floor. Yeah, Vegas is a holiday hub, but... is that why you invite a school to join a conference in need of a lucrative TV deal. No one in Vegas or elsewhere gives a crap about UNLV. Virtually everyone who lives in Vegas is from somewhere other than Nevada. What am I missing?
The UNLV fans are all pissed off at us, and still think the Big-12 might call. But I see the reasoning and concur. Smack dab in the middle of our footprint, NFL stadium, improving FB team, large metro area. I think we have to look at this as they and the 4 current traitors will be playing WSU and OSU, not NM or UNR. Much more fanfare around that. We aren't exactly "all that", but we are compared to the MW bottom dwellers.

They are also clearly trending up as a program. Who cares what they did in the past. Bad example now because they suck this year but Florida State was a joke before Bobby Bowden took over. Oregon was also a laughing stock for a REALLY long time. UNLV is a must have in a west coast conference and their program will continue to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT