ADVERTISEMENT

USC

They are basically out talented us. First half looked mostly like a walk-thru for SC. 10-2 run for us to get it back to down 17!

Geez, way to shart your pants Cougs. Total dominance by SC. Only Hawkinson would start for that USC team let alone be in their top 8. If that is what WSU can offer opponents (at home), yipes!

EK said in post game it was a lack of effort in first half. I'm thinking more lack of talent.

Long, cold winter coming to Pullman in 2016.

They are basically out talented us. First half looked mostly like a walk-thru for SC. 10-2 run for us to get it back to down 17!
Yes, they have more talent. But this team reminds me of the Paul Graham teams, where the opponent had a lot of dunk practice. Our D is abysmal. Kent apparently doesn't teach team defense.

The phrase team defense doesn't apply to this program.

Kent wants to play fast tempo with teams like USC. That's like entering a horserace with donkeys. WSU can't compete with this conference with a roster like this. The two newbies next year won't excite the fanbase. EK will have 7 scholarships to use the year after as this roster is way out of balance. He better get recruiting right now.

Fundamentals are an equalizer if you are not equivalent in talent. Lack of fundamentals is a force multiplier for the other team.

I am not prepared to say that we don't have talent, because our lack of attention to fundamentals will magnify any talent issues far beyond what should be the case.

Ernie knows this. He has been around the block. But his main task as I see it is to get the lazier players to put in effort at both ends of the floor, and to play the game well when away from the ball. We'll see how that goes this season. At this point I suspect that he has more lazy players than I realized.

I was out of town in Mexico for the holidays. i did not see that fiasco of a game.It sounds like a totally flat team getting their butts kicked. The USC team is not that talented and the cougs are not that bad. But the game result speaks for itself. We shall see how the team reacts to a total butt kicking.

I was out of town in Mexico for the holidays. i did not see that fiasco of a game.It sounds like a totally flat team getting their butts kicked. The USC team is not that talented and the cougs are not that bad. But the game result speaks for itself. We shall see how the team reacts to a total butt kicking.
They responded well, I'd say

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT