ADVERTISEMENT

UW Fandom in a Nutshell

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
post.png

UW nation legitimately think they are at the level of LSU (nevermind that they are 0-3 against LSU all-time, and 1-9 against the SEC). At the time of writing, 80% of replies agree with this grape-kool-aid-chugging re-re.

Coach Horseface is at 68% W/L at UW, has gone bowling every year, has won the North 3 years running, has won the PAC 2 of the last 3 years, has been to the CFB playoffs, is 7-2 in rivalry games - but he needs to go because he's not living up to our 1991 shared-title season.

Incredible.

post.png

UW nation legitimately think they are at the level of LSU (nevermind that they are 0-3 against LSU all-time, and 1-9 against the SEC). At the time of writing, 80% of replies agree with this grape-kool-aid-chugging re-re.

Coach Horseface is at 68% W/L at UW, has gone bowling every year, has won the North 3 years running, has won the PAC 2 of the last 3 years, has been to the CFB playoffs, is 7-2 in rivalry games - but he needs to go because he's not living up to our 1991 shared-title season.

Incredible.
but I appreciate your thoughtful response

And now in his 6th season with UW Petersen is still looking for that elusive big win outside of the AC.
And the Heart of Dallas Bowl is now the First Responders Bowl and no longer has a Pac12 tie in.

UW lost too much this year to be able to beat Oregon in what Oregon considers their biggest game of the year.

The fact (at least I consider it to be a fact, and this is my post...ipso facto) that both UW and UO are overrated gets lost in a rivalry game of this sort.

A good UW team lost to a slightly better on paper but often less consistent UO team.

It will be interesting to see which Oregon team shows up for our game...the one that lives up to its potential (have not fully seen that team yet this year); the one that blows opportunities right and left (that team has made several appearances for at least portions of games this season) or something in between. In the same way, I will be interested to see which Wazzu team shows up...a team that continues to get better, as shown over the past couple of games, or a team that steps backward.

If we continue to get better, we could surprise. I assume the odds will reflect that. If UO is favored by more than 7, take Wazzu and the points. And I'd put the O/U at about 70.

Tosh Lupoi is open for business
Pretty sure Jimmy Lake already took that mantle. Plenty of gym bags and coffee cups going around right now.

Doesn’t much matter when your coach kills highly rated QBs and can’t win a big game outside AC.

UW lost too much this year to be able to beat Oregon in what Oregon considers their biggest game of the year.

The fact (at least I consider it to be a fact, and this is my post...ipso facto) that both UW and UO are overrated gets lost in a rivalry game of this sort.

A good UW team lost to a slightly better on paper but often less consistent UO team.

It will be interesting to see which Oregon team shows up for our game...the one that lives up to its potential (have not fully seen that team yet this year); the one that blows opportunities right and left (that team has made several appearances for at least portions of games this season) or something in between. In the same way, I will be interested to see which Wazzu team shows up...a team that continues to get better, as shown over the past couple of games, or a team that steps backward.

If we continue to get better, we could surprise. I assume the odds will reflect that. If UO is favored by more than 7, take Wazzu and the points. And I'd put the O/U at about 70.
The thing I worry about RE Oregon is the RPO. In the 2nd half yesterday, if Oregon's back wasn't running for 12 YPC, Herbert was throwing for 12. And those runs were against UW's considerably larger DL: I don't know how accurate they are anymore, but UW's roster page shows 90% of DL are ~290+ while our only 290+ guy was helped off the field yesterday. I don't see us plugging up the middle even half as well as UW, who never figured it out. Then, the 2-Mississippi it took before any Buff receiver first saw our DB yesterday makes me even less optimistic about stopping those quick outs.

Given where we are so far this season, I just hope our guys come out like it's their Super Bowl and steal one from the Ducks.

Chip, I share your concerns. But UW's DL approach has struggled against UO far more than our approach has for the last many years. I'm not exactly sure what conclusions to draw from that...but it is clearly true. How that will translate next Saturday remains to be seen. UO will be favored, and will deserve that. But as you know, they play the games for a reason...it doesn't always work out the way it looked on paper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT