ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting insights about Chun from Ian, on the Baldfaced truth...

Sounds like your reading comprehension skills may not up to speed. The only players he mentioned were Arizonas two best players. Never said anything else about other Arizona players.
No their starting QB and and one of their WR did not come here. Their starting rb, cb, 2 de, etc. etc. did - as well as most of their top incoming recruits.

The arrogance and incompetence of UWs leadership didn’t factor into the conference blowing up?

100+ years of history up in smoke and you’re here bragging about the scraps the Big 10 threw your panicked admin? Have some perspective numb nuts. Nobody here is happy with where the Cougs are at in all of this, but UW clearly is in a much worse position than it was 10 years ago when things started unraveling for the conference. And UWs fingerprints are all over it, USC and UCLA just happened to panic first.
Those "scraps" are more than double what we would have made and now we are well positioned for whatever comes next in realignment.

Arrogance is not just joining the Mountain West like you should - and where you will end up anyways.

Those "scraps" are more than double what we would have made and now we are well positioned for whatever comes next in realignment.

Arrogance is not just joining the Mountain West like you should - and where you will end up anyways.
uw positioned itself to take partial shares in the future. If the B1G still exists, and if uw is part of it.

Well done.

You going to back up your welfare comments, of just spew nonsense?

Ha! Nebraska's last conference championship was in 1999. They joined the Big 10 in 2010. Top tier...solid analysis.
UWs last conference championship may as well have been 1999 the way the program was gutted over the offseason.

Once again, ha! You're doing serious gymnastics to try and make a connection. Fan base wasn't happy with zero championships and got rid of their coach that had won 9+ games every year (including the 4 years after they joined the Big 10) and they've regressed with every coach since. We'll see what Rhule can do, he has an uphill battle given they are in an area that isn't a natural fit... 😂 sorry, can't say that with a straight face
Your championship coach left the minute a better program came knocking . And you scraped up another guy who’s going to do the same thing. Does it really matter whether you forced someone out or they left on their own?

Im not sure what is so funny, Nebraska historically is in a different stratosphere than UW when it comes to football prominence. And they have gotten bloodied in the Big10. With the SAME resources as their competition. You really think this bodes well for UW?

Your championship coach left the minute a better program came knocking . And you scraped up another guy who’s going to do the same thing. Does it really matter whether you forced someone out or they left on their own?

Im not sure what is so funny, Nebraska historically is in a different stratosphere than UW when it comes to football prominence. And they have gotten bloodied in the Big10. With the SAME resources as their competition. You really think this bodes well for UW?
Yeah, you're making my point for me. Nebraska's demise is not about the resources or switch to Big 10. Thanks.

It's going to be interesting to see how your boys do this year. You're going to have a good start but I have a feeling that your game against UCLA is going to be a very important game. Michigan, Iowa, USC and Penn State are going to be the kind of games that can grind a mediocre team down.

You can laugh all you want...but we'll see how you feel in five years. Grass isn't always greener even if the money is.
Agreed, will be interesting. Lots of churn in athletic department and I don't know what to think of Fisch. I like what he's done so far. Wait and see. Simple fact is this grass will grow and it wasn't going to in the PAC unfortunately.

Yeah, you're making my point for me. Nebraska's demise is not about the resources or switch to Big 10. Thanks.
You have no point. Your only point is “We’re UW, it can’t happen to us”. Even though 0-12 happened to you and Nebraska fans said the same thing with a program that UW has never sniffed the heights of.

Over the next 5 years UW will win one out of four vs Michigan, OSU, and Penn state and will be .500 against everyone else. What happens beyond that who knows, but that’s where they are set up right now. I’m sure you’ll still be lurking around, come back then and tell me I’m wrong.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Every time this topic has come up in the past decade or so, everyone seems to believe the loss of games in Texas, where Nebraska had recruited well in its glory days in the Big 8, really hurt it in the move to the Big Ten. Nebraska then had a tougher time pulling recruits in Texas and were recruiting more in Chicago and other areas in the upper Midwest against better-situated programs that had long-established reputations in the region.

I'm not suggesting that UW will face a similar fate (it isn't in the same recruiting situation as Nebraska was for various reasons, and still will be playing in SoCal in-conference), but curious as to your take on that.

Also, let's not overlook third AD in less than a year.

It's Alabama - the biggest coaching job in all of college sports. Every coach is available to them. Hell, Dickert would leave for any B1G or SEC job tomorrow if he was offered. He's yet to prove he's a very good coach so that is highly unlikely though.

Historically as in 25+ years ago? Sure. In the last decade it's not even close.

Last edited:
Every time this topic has come up in the past decade or so, everyone seems to believe the loss of games in Texas, where Nebraska had recruited well in its glory days in the Big 8, really hurt it in the move to the Big Ten. Nebraska then had a tougher time pulling recruits in Texas and were recruiting more in Chicago and other areas in the upper Midwest against better-situated programs that had long-established reputations in the region.

I'm not suggesting that UW will face a similar fate (it isn't in the same recruiting situation as Nebraska was for various reasons, and still will be playing in SoCal in-conference), but curious as to your take on that.
I really don't think it will have much of an impact on our recruiting - if anything it may help a bit just because the conference has more eyes on it. Washington is always going to be primarily west coast/northwest kids with some Nevada/Texas/Arizona players sprinkled in.

USC and Oregon will pretty much always land more 4 or 5 star guys than us, but that has been the case for a while and it hasn't necessarily meant results on the field. I doubt we will really see an uptick in midwest kids coming here just because we're in the B1G now - I still think the overwhelming majority of the 4//5 star recruits from that area end up at Ohio State and Michigan.

It's Alabama - the biggest coaching job in all of college sports. Every coach is available to them. Hell, Dickert would leave for any B1G or SEC job tomorrow if he was offered. He's yet to prove he's a very good coach so that is highly unlikely though.

Historically as in 25+ years ago? Sure. In the last decade it's not even close.
Splitting hairs. Nebraska joined the big 10 in 2011.

I guess at the end of the day, do you think this move and what comes with it in the NIL era puts UW closer to Indiana, Rutgers, and Purdue, or Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State? We all know the answer and how it’s gonna play out but you’re here to share your dreams so don’t let me stop you!

People seem to forget our championship coach bolted for Bama.
True but I think the distinction here is that its sort of expected and we acknowledge the fact we will never be the same. You know, humility. A trait the pompous, arrogant purple pricks very much lack.

True but I think the distinction here is that its sort of expected and we acknowledge the fact we will never be the same. You know, humility. A trait the pompous, arrogant purple pricks very much lack.
According to what I learned on this thread they are only second in line to Alabama, not too shabby!

Why in Gawd's name do you guys keep engaging these mutt trolls? Stop replying and they will go away. How about we talk about the Cougs? You know, our team(s)?

You have no point. Your only point is “We’re UW, it can’t happen to us”. Even though 0-12 happened to you and Nebraska fans said the same thing with a program that UW has never sniffed the heights of.

Over the next 5 years UW will win one out of four vs Michigan, OSU, and Penn state and will be .500 against everyone else. What happens beyond that who knows, but that’s where they are set up right now. I’m sure you’ll still be lurking around, come back then and tell me I’m wrong.
Interesting use of quotation marks.

Udump will become irrelevant in the other conference. I and most other west coast football people won’t be watching either. Nuff said.

How is it projection? They already are irrelevant. The Big10 told them that Rutgers, Indiana and Purdue are more relevant than they are with their conference checkbook.
And uw agreed by taking a half share.

I didn’t stay at a holiday inn express last night but I also didn’t attend GRCC.
It's funny you mention GRCC. My kid is a senior and she and everyone else in her class got an unsolicited acceptance letter months ago to WSU. No application necessary. Not even GRCC is that desperate. I'd make a comment about how far WSU has fallen...but they really haven't fallen that far. Didn't take much.

It's funny you mention GRCC. My kid is a senior and she and everyone else in her class got an unsolicited acceptance letter months ago to WSU. No application necessary. Not even GRCC is that desperate. I'd make a comment about how far WSU has fallen...but they really haven't fallen that far. Didn't take much.

My daughter was offered free acceptance to Colorado School of Mines based on her high school academic success.. Mines is one of the top engineering schools in the US....or maybe they are trash according to your standards? To be fair, she had to go through the formality of filling out the application but they were the ones that reached out to her, not the other way around. It wasn't even on her radar until she got the letter.

My kid has a friend who’s got a 4.0 and got accepted to Harvard and not UW. Why, Because UWs better than Harvard? No. Because UW has turned away more and more in state students in favor of international students for money.

Yeah, I commend the WA public school that is proactively looking to educate in state kids, not just cash out.

Oh by the way, I got accepted to UW many years ago with a 3.4 GPA. I chose WSU and according to the business school exit exams I benefited with a better education, because WSUs undergrad students scored significantly higher than UWs. Go figure…

Reactions: cougarmike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT