ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Mike Leach talks 2019 signing class on Pac-12 Network

ScottHood

Nov 8, 2007
VIDEO: https://washingtonstate.rivals.com/news/video-mike-leach-talks-2019-signing-class-on-pac-12-network

hqdefault.jpg

Nigel Burton mentions there were a few kids WSU managed to hold on to - players who might have been pulled away down the stretch in the past. He didn't name them, but they are Travion Brown, Peni Naulu, Jamir Thomas, Patrick Utschinski, Armauni Archie, and Gunner Cruz. We can thank the early signing period for most if not all this success. And somethings were simply fortuitous. Hunter Mayginnes had committed to ASU, but the the coaching change there helped lead him to WSU. Nick Sheetz is a guy who got his academics together a bit late. Had he done so earlier, I suspect a big Southern school would have gobbled him up. I see him as a very active 285-pound interior d-lineman next year. With McDougle, Crowder, Rodgers, Hobbs, and others returning inside, we might be OK.
I'm actually kind of excited about this class and its mix of JC and high school prospects.

Still wish we had another HS DT but otherwise I'm happy with this class. I'd put this linebacker group up against anybody's in the conference, the o-line group looks like what we've come to expect, and the combo of graduations and DB signees means Claeys now has people that better fit what he wants to do (plus with good injury luck and a year of development a deeper and sturdier d-line). Not a lot of flashy receivers but there weren't many spots available, and the Bazile/Miller combo has a thunder n lightning feel to it.

And the staff is putting out 2020 offers to lots of bigtime players, at least a few of which should be interested. It feels good to be this optimistic about the general state of the program

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT