ADVERTISEMENT

Video: Tuesday's Practice Recap + Leach, McGuire Interviews + Best Tweets

I think Hilinski will be more than ready to go in 2018 as the starting QB. It will be his 4th year in the program. I know Cooper and Neville will get an opportunity to compete, but Hilinski should win the job based on experience in the system. 2019 is the year we could see a very competitive battle for the starting QB job.

I think Hilinski will be more than ready to go in 2018 as the starting QB. It will be his 4th year in the program. I know Cooper and Neville will get an opportunity to compete, but Hilinski should win the job based on experience in the system. 2019 is the year we could see a very competitive battle for the starting QB job.
I'm really stoked about this timeline. You are saying we are solid for 2 more years, potentially 3. And then we will have 2 incredibly experienced QB's battling to see whom is better, after that.

Our Offense is going to be humming along for years to come.

Here's the timeline as I see it:
2018 - Hilinski and Neville (Cooper RS)
2019 - 3 way battle for starting QB job (Hilinki is Sr.)
2020 - Cooper/Neville (Note: Cooper draft eligible after 2020 season)
2021 - Cooper/Neville

Beyond 2021? Future QB recruiting could be significantly impacted by where Falk is drafted next April. If he is a 1st rounder as some analysts predict, the recruiting frenzy could begin. WSU would have a great story to tell prospects re: developing Falk from walk-on to 1st rounder. That's a storyline to watch.

IMO. I don't think Cooper will RS. He will give Hillinski and Neville all they can handle and may come out on top.
Any chance he enrolls early?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT