ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia

Spokane kid can’t hit a shot and the kid from Coeur d’Alene is getting worked. CSU is physical.

Just turned it on. 44-26. Go Rams!
Future conference mate. Go Rams. Boise St. tomorrow vs Colorado. Can Leon Rice (BSU) win his first NCAA Tournament game in 10 attempts? I've only seen Colorado play once so I have no prediction how this will turn out.

Future conference mate. Go Rams. Boise St. tomorrow vs Colorado. Can Leon Rice (BSU) win his first NCAA Tournament game in 10 attempts? I've only seen Colorado play once so I have no prediction how this will turn out.
Well we have to root for Colorado because the Pac-2 gets the 6-year NCAA distribution credits if Colorado wins. Colorado is a tough out. Just ask, well, WSU!

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
If coach Smith leaves WSU, Tony might be available after this showing. lol

I'd rather WSU promote Jim Shaw to HC. Jim Shaw is the TRUE brains, recruiting master behind, responsible for Smith's awesome recruiting, and Smith has even said so, and the recruiting numbers the last 15+ years that Jim Shaw has coached shows it as well.

Jim Shaw has also been to the NCAA tournament so many times, and to lots of sweet 16's, and been to 1,2 Elite 8, and 1,2 Final Four.

And he has been a HC and Assistant Head coach and Assistant Coach in D1, Mid Major, P5 basketball for almost 30 years.

And if hire Jim Shaw as HC, then some WSU players might stay.

If both Jim Shaw, and Bennet really wanted WSU job, if Smith left, I'd hire Jim Shaw over Bennet.

Plus I don't think I could stand watching 40 to 20 scores that wins, as it would bore me to tears.

Reactions: ATACFD and 79COUG
I'd rather WSU promote Jim Shaw to HC. Jim Shaw is the TRUE brains, recruiting master behind, responsible for Smith's awesome recruiting, and Smith has even said so, and the recruiting numbers the last 15+ years that Jim Shaw has coached shows it as well.

Jim Shaw has also been to the NCAA tournament so many times, and to lots of sweet 16's, and been to 1,2 Elite 8, and 1,2 Final Four.

And he has been a HC and Assistant Head coach and Assistant Coach in D1, Mid Major, P5 basketball for almost 30 years.

And if hire Jim Shaw as HC, then some WSU players might stay.

If both Jim Shaw, and Bennet really wanted WSU job, if Smith left, I'd hire Jim Shaw over Bennet.

Plus I don't think I could stand watching 40 to 20 scores that wins, as it would bore me to tears.
Gotta concur with Mik here. One correction - he was a head coach in D-II. One could wonder about all those years as an asst. never a HC (W. Oregon was after Romar was fired?), but 4 years there was good.

Jim Shaw
1986​
Idaho StateNCAA berth
87-89?
1990​
OSUNCAA berth
1991​
OSU
92-93?
94-98PortlandNCAA berth
1999​
OklahomaSweet 16
2000​
OklahomaRd of 32
2001​
OklahomaNCAA berth
2002​
OklahomaFinal 4
2003​
OklahomaElite 8
2004​
muttsNCAA berth
2005​
muttsSweet 16
2009​
muttsRd of 32
2010​
muttsSweet 16
2011​
muttsSweet 16
2012​
muttsNIT Final 4
2013​
St. Mary'sRd of 32
2014​
St. Mary'sNIT Rd of 32
2015​
W. OregonDiv II Final 4
2016​
W. Oregon
2017​
W. OregonDiv II Sweet 16
2018​
Div II Final 4
19-23WSUNIT Twice

Somehow, I was never bored with Bennett Ball when Tony had us in the NCAA tournament back-to-back years. I found it quite exciting.

Glad Cougar
Bennett ball is one thing. Being efficient offensively is part of that equation. Virginia just sucks. They never should have been in

Reactions: Glad Cougar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT