ADVERTISEMENT

WazzuWatch is certainly getting stronger

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
This community is strong as it’s ever been. As many of you know I was a 13 year loyal Brand X subscriber.... never missed a payment until I was banned for calling an article right before signing day, click bait, trash. I appreciate everyone who is participating. We owe it to the community to regurgitate news we hear out there, over here. We have been doing that nicely. I want this to be everyone’s first stop for info. I still read Brand X (although I give my money to the Fresno Bark Board). One day I hope to not even have to do that.

At some point many of us should start paying this site and recruiting other posters to start in the discussion. Truth be told, the discussion over here is every bit as lively as on Brand X. Nice job guys/gals/X’s!

I’d like to know what plans Scott has for this site. How do we get over the hump and start stealing business from Brand X?

A couple ideas... WazzuWatch needs a reporter on the ground in Pullman. That was really the start of major progress for Brand X. Secondly, WazzuWatch needs to fight the powers of Rival to provide fair evaluations. Fisher being a 3 star Army Bowl All American is a travesty. I want participation from scouts over here. I also would like their contact info to have behind the scenes discussions. We must demand fair evaluations, rankings, videos etc....

Last edited:
Great post

Don't know much about the staffers at Brand X or any "agendas" they may or may not have.

But CougZone does have a number of very knowledgeable posters whose insight and insider info into WSU Football is informative and thought-provoking.

But 13 years, Crimson Disciple? That's a long period of loyalty before you were, for lack of a better term, excommunicated

Anybody else here had similar experiences at Brand X or Brand Y?

This community is strong as it’s ever been. As many of you know I was a 13 year loyal Brand X subscriber.... never missed a payment until I was banned for calling an article right before signing day, click bait, trash. I appreciate everyone who is participating. We owe it to the community to regurgitate news we hear out there, over here. We have been doing that nicely. I want this to be everyone’s first stop for info. I still read Brand X (although I give my money to the Fresno Bark Board). One day I hope to not even have to do that.

At some point many of us should start paying this site and recruiting other posters to start in the discussion. Truth be told, the discussion over here is every bit as lively as on Brand X. Nice job guys/gals/X’s!

I’d like to know what plans Scott has for this site. How do we get over the hump and start stealing business from Brand X?

A couple ideas... WazzuWatch needs a reporter on the ground in Pullman. That was really the start of major progress for Brand X. Secondly, WazzuWatch needs to fight the powers of Rival to provide fair evaluations. Fisher being a 3 star Army Bowl All American is a travesty. I want participation from scouts over here. I also would like their contact info to have behind the scenes discussions. We must demand fair evaluations, rankings, videos etc....

Good post. I have always paid for the premium membership because I think I should, as I do read and use this site.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Great post

Don't know much about the staffers at Brand X or any "agendas" they may or may not have.

But CougZone does have a number of very knowledgeable posters whose insight and insider info into WSU Football is informative and thought-provoking.

But 13 years, Crimson Disciple? That's a long period of loyalty before you were, for lack of a better term, excommunicated

I have only been posting on these boards for a few years, but they had some tools over there with quick triggers. I jump on for info here and there and for some good side discussion, but during the season these boards are my therapy because I know I take football too seriously. The gavel would have his hatchet out during tough games and be banning and putting people on mod watch left and right. I got mod watched a few times for nothing.

Uh, this. You freeloaders annoy me. I would like the site to get to the point (that most other sites are), where the intelligent conversation takes place on the premium board.

Great post

Over the 13 years we always got into it around LOI day. The negative, click bait (rumor) articles seem to increase. Something I feel sheds a negative recruiting light on our program..... then they want me to apologize. This year, I’m not appoligizing. Here is the IM they sent to me. (Keep in mind, they banned me) until I agreed to their concessions.

• Dec 14, 10:33 AM

“CF.C should absolutely be embarrassed at the pathetic, click bait of an article. Now their arrogance shows through by keeping it pinned at the top of the front page.”

We let a tremendous amount go, unlike most sites and boards. There are, however, limits. There are 2 options here.

1. You can email us your complaints, as we've mentioned countless times before. We will read them all and give them their due consideration. It is not an option for you to continue to post customer service rants on the message boards, as has been mentioned multiple times. The message boards are about the Cougs, as has also been mentioned countless times. If you choose this option, we can continue to move forward. This is our preferred option. The second option:

2. We can part, effective immediately. After the umpteenth time, a decision needs to be made on your part. If you choose to cancel your subscription, click on the drop down menu in the upper right and select settings, navigate to cancel subscription. You can let us know what you decided. If this is the last time we communicate, best of luck and Go Cougs.

Last edited:
Reactions: froropmkr72
Good post. I have always paid for the premium membership because I think I should, as I do read and use this site.

This site has improved dramatically since Scott took over, although Britton's recruiting coverage was pretty darn good. The only suggestion I'd make are to get a photographer on the ground in Pullman during spring ball and for fall camp. Brand x has always done a good job in this regard.

Reactions: ATLcoug10
This site has improved dramatically since Scott took over, although Britton's recruiting coverage was pretty darn good. The only suggestion I'd make are to get a photographer on the ground in Pullman during spring ball and for fall camp. Brand x has always done a good job in this regard.

.....can't forget shirtless Alex Brink....can you?

Over the 13 years we always got into it around LOI day. The negative, click bait (rumor) articles seem to increase. Something I feel sheds a negative recruiting light on our program..... then they want me to apologize. This year, I’m not appoligizing. Here is the IM they sent to me. (Keep in mind, they banned me) until I agreed to their concessions.

• Dec 14, 10:33 AM

“CF.C should absolutely be embarrassed at the pathetic, click bait of an article. Now their arrogance shows through by keeping it pinned at the top of the front page.”

We let a tremendous amount go, unlike most sites and boards. There are, however, limits. There are 2 options here.

1. You can email us your complaints, as we've mentioned countless times before. We will read them all and give them their due consideration. It is not an option for you to continue to post customer service rants on the message boards, as has been mentioned multiple times. The message boards are about the Cougs, as has also been mentioned countless times. If you choose this option, we can continue to move forward. This is our preferred option. The second option:

2. We can part, effective immediately. After the umpteenth time, a decision needs to be made on your part. If you choose to cancel your subscription, click on the drop down menu in the upper right and select settings, navigate to cancel subscription. You can let us know what you decided. If this is the last time we communicate, best of luck and Go Cougs.
Am I missing something?

I’m a long, LONG time message poster. I was guilty in the past of what I’m about to launch into, and I’ve had many exchanges with posters that I’m not proud of. Beginning several years ago, I made the decision to finally grow the Hell up and let go of the angry personal attacks. I’m on the other side of 50 now, and that crap just doesn’t fit into my life anymore.

Unfortunately, there are still way too many threads on here that dissolve into name calling, and what’s particularly frustrating is how often a poster can make a comment about something “thread specific,” and the replies to follow will be attacks about previous threads, their families, their health problems, etc.

I won’t even consider becoming a premium member until that crap is eradicated. The worst part about allowing it to continue though, and this is something the moderators here have to consider, is that when NEW fans come here, they’re not going to be motivated to become members. Why would people assume that the other board is more civil when a majority of the posters who pollute the free board are premium members?

Well said Patrol, and I agree with everything you say here, except perhaps this. There are one or two premium members who fit your profile, and the moderator knows exactly who he/they are. However, there are several freeloaders that are pretty bad. So Scott would be well advised to read your post and take some action in advancing the stature (and ultimately the revenue) of this site. In fact I think I will start calling out these people to Scott and the board every time they post something offensive, personal, or otherwise in violation of the rules. I am occasionally moderately out of line, but only in response to some heinous cap spewed by others.

Well said Patrol, and I agree with everything you say here, except perhaps this. There are one or two premium members who fit your profile, and the moderator knows exactly who he/they are. However, there are several freeloaders that are pretty bad. So Scott would be well advised to read your post and take some action in advancing the stature (and ultimately the revenue) of this site. In fact I think I will start calling out these people to Scott and the board every time they post something offensive, personal, or otherwise in violation of the rules. I am occasionally moderately out of line, but only in response to some heinous cap spewed by others.

There are numerous threads here about great things happening with Cougar football, but there are a couple who show up here ONLY when something bad happens. People call them out, and then they whine about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Controversy, yes. Debate, yes. Saying you hope people die, mocking their divorces, etc. That’s simply unacceptable.
It is acceptable because people accept it . It is the jerry springer affect . Why would anyone change the model? Seriously ? Why moderate the board for just a little decorum ? Makes no sense because the threads that get the most play are the threads that have Paul Wulff in them . While there are people that have alias they will feel empowered to say anything. What’s the down side ? It is unfortunate but the reality .

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
It doesn’t matter to me what people do. I’m offering simple business perspective to the moderator. The infighting on here doesn’t help grow the memberships.

It doesn’t matter to me what people do. I’m offering simple business perspective to the moderator. The infighting on here doesn’t help grow the memberships.

As opposed to the circle jerks on the premium boards at brand x and dawgman? Yeah, those memberships are exploding at a time Kim Jong un and despots like him run the free boards.

Uh, this. You freeloaders annoy me. I would like the site to get to the point (that most other sites are), where the intelligent conversation takes place on the premium board.

Some say no conversation occurs over there, and if it did, I haven't seen you take part in one, as in months, or more than a year. Did you just subscribe?

As opposed to the circle jerks on the premium boards at brand x and dawgman? Yeah, those memberships are exploding at a time Kim Jong un and despots like him run the free boards.

The message boards over there are a joke. They’ve got the opposite problem. Overzealous moderators who’ll jump on you for disagreeing with their puff pastry op-ed pieces or for criticizing coaching decisions.

Reactions: earldacoug
number one reason I've never subbed to either board - many of the blowhards who get sideways on the freeboard do the same of the premium board; why would I pay to look at the same crap I get for free?

Reactions: SDCoug and FnuLnu
number one reason I've never subbed to either board - many of the blowhards who get sideways on the freeboard do the same of the premium board; why would I pay to look at the same crap I get for free?

There is the operative phrase. The value of premium content, which typically links with recruiting coverage, has diminished because people can get the information for free via social media, most often from the recruits. Highlights are easily found on Hudl and elsewhere - for free. People are cheap too.
I think Scott works hard and puts out a good product, probably the best this site has ever done.

I will put my 2 cents in. I like Bx for their recruiting coverage, and the fact that they have on the ground staff. (i.e. i can watch pressers after the game, etc.).

I don't like their message boards, as much as this site, nor that they editorialize things too much. Calling out Leach, for a "dig" at Wulff, Doba, etc, was in poor form. Leach was simply pointing out the 10+ years of being at the bottom of the conference and the job he's done....which is pretty good.

I will put my 2 cents in. I like Bx for their recruiting coverage, and the fact that they have on the ground staff. (i.e. i can watch pressers after the game, etc.).

I don't like their message boards, as much as this site, nor that they editorialize things too much. Calling out Leach, for a "dig" at Wulff, Doba, etc, was in poor form. Leach was simply pointing out the 10+ years of being at the bottom of the conference and the job he's done....which is pretty good.

Leach was simply being his sardonic self in juxtaposing the local media's penchant for inflating UW recruiting and dismissing WSU's annual recruiting efforts, and then feigning bewilderment when the talent gap rears its head in an actual game (that WSU comes out emotionally flat without a creative offensive game plan in the AC is another issue).

I subscribed for two or three years around 15 years ago. My motivation was simple. To avoid some of the douche bags that seemed to be taking over the content on the free board. The problem was that no one was saying anything on the pay board. So ultimately I dropped it. Other content is not that appealing to me as it’s generally something I already know. And I’m not too interested in the recruiting related stuff. Now my strategy is to simply block those that are true douche bags. It makes the free board more palatable.

Reactions: Cougzz
I don’t agree that Paul Wulff was even a decent coach. I think he may have been the worst all time for WSU. In fact 9 wins in 4 seasons was his A+ performance.

I think we should look at Sterk again. The amount of success we had under him was no fluke.

It just appears to be dying a slow and painful death.

I was over there about the same amount of time - maybe even 15 years.

Just stopped going other than to read Auburndawgs rankings and predictions.

It was never the same once Mohun left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT