ADVERTISEMENT

Weather forecast: Bet heavy on Colorado

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Saturday's forecast from the National Weather Service isn't exactly air-raid friendly....

Saturday
Rain before noon, then rain and snow between noon and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. High near 43. South wind 9 to 16 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday's forecast from the National Weather Service isn't exactly air-raid friendly....

Saturday
Rain before noon, then rain and snow between noon and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. High near 43. South wind 9 to 16 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

When men were men, and defense was defense.

https://wsucougars.com/news/2017/10...o-15-washington-state-over-colorado-28-0.aspx

Reactions: wazzucougs96

Saturday
I worry less about the weather and more about our defense. It's not air raid friendly either.

Reactions: chipdouglas

Saturday

LOL we just going to pretend like the game 2 years ago didn't happen? Stop being such a whiny pussy.

Reactions: OrangeGravy
The D had some good stretches last week. I have hopes that the ends will keep containment for close to a full game, and that we leave a LB home for over the middle dumps, QB draws and QB scrambles. Always a good idea, but even more important on a slick field with a mobile QB.

If the WR's focus on catching the ball before trying to run with it, we'll be OK even in the rain.

And trying to tackle Borghi in the open field in the rain sounds like a real challenge for some DB or LB. Doesn't matter if we run or pass, Borghi needs more touches. A wet field is a good time to run a conventional screen pass; maybe we will see one of those.

Finally, I haven't seen a fly sweep to a WR in a while. Let one of the WR's with wheels try to beat the DB or LB to the edge on a wet field. Should be fun to watch.

Saturday

I’m more worried about me than the air raid. I’ve turned into a sissy.

We keep talking about quarterbacks who need to check down to the run. Only Minshew did it consistently. Few before him did it consistently. I don’t remember Tuel, Halliday or any other in the air raid doing this. My question is why is he the only one? It seems obvious that this will help. Will it help? Is it not emphasized from coach to player? Is it a pride issue, coaching issue, brain cell issue?

I’ll be betting heavy on fireball.

do what you need to to stay for the full 60 if you’re going! Need a full loud stadium the entire game

We keep talking about quarterbacks who need to check down to the run. Only Minshew did it consistently. Few before him did it consistently. I don’t remember Tuel, Halliday or any other in the air raid doing this. My question is why is he the only one? It seems obvious that this will help. Will it help? Is it not emphasized from coach to player? Is it a pride issue, coaching issue, brain cell issue?
I think they fall in love with the big stats from the passing game

Reactions: Alpine Cougar

I think it is inherent in the Air Raid that the QB is looking at how the pass coverage will unfold first thing. There is limited time to make a decision, and sometimes you have to have a very smart and quick thinking QB to recognize a run opportunity quickly. Most QB's simply can't do it consistently. Most air raid programs seem to have exactly the same issue; look at Harrell's situation at SC....that is a prime criticism he is getting now, and it is just the first year of implementation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT