ADVERTISEMENT

Well, looks like the Apple Cup is dead

"seven home games is a piece of the economic model going forward that UW has to have"

In other words, sure, we'll keep playing Apple Cup...if it's in Seattle every year.

If he's an arrogant prick, he'll fit right in.

Remember the joke: What's the difference between a porcupine and husky stadium?

"seven home games is a piece of the economic model going forward that UW has to have"

In other words, sure, we'll keep playing Apple Cup...if it's in Seattle every year.

with a porcupine the 70,000 pricks are on the outside.

Which we all knew would be their position

I want to make sure I understand correctly. The model at 25k doesn't work, but neither does the one at 33k, and you are forcing the teams to increase their travel to places like Champaign Illinois, West Layfette. Maybe UW you were in a better position before . Good grief.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Reactions: WindyCityCoug
In fairness to their new AD, the reporter walked him down a road that he wasn't versed on. There was a follow up tweet about that.

I don't personally care if we decide to cancel the Apple Cup, but when the dust settles and people on all sides start evaluating it, I can't help but think that the media companies are going to push for the resumption of the game.

Even with UW having to settle for playing a road game in a stadium with a capacity of 32K, the viewership numbers for the Apple Cup are exponentially higher than whatever cupcake home game opponent they bring in.

Reactions: Coug90
In fairness to their new AD, the reporter walked him down a road that he wasn't versed on. There was a follow up tweet about that.

I don't personally care if we decide to cancel the Apple Cup, but when the dust settles and people on all sides start evaluating it, I can't help but think that the media companies are going to push for the resumption of the game.

Even with UW having to settle for playing a road game in a stadium with a capacity of 32K, the viewership numbers for the Apple Cup are exponentially higher than whatever cupcake home game opponent they bring in.
The apple cup alternates sites, if they insist on all games in seattle they are canceling. Not us

The apple cup alternates sites, if they insist on all games in seattle they are canceling. Not us
I'm SURE they will spin it otherwise. "Hey, we offered a totally fair alternative ("neutral site" games at Lumen Field most likely) and THEY don't want to play US!"

I'm SURE they will spin it otherwise. "Hey, we offered a totally fair alternative ("neutral site" games at Lumen Field most likely) and THEY don't want to play US!"
Well, uw also left the conference and did so for a half share. Staying would have ensured that the AC continued.

Of course, anyone with 1/4 of a brain knows that having the Apple Cup played in Seahawks Stadium every year is absolutely NOT a "totally fair alternative"!

I would also point out how it is so damn important for the uw to have 7 home games every year, but it is of no consequence at all for WSU to also have 7 home games every year. From their knothole, of course. Greed and arrogance on parade.

I accept this game is over. Sooo, Cougs MUST win this year so that we take ownership of the cup AND...(in spite of the overall record) become Apple Cup champs for eternity by virtue of perennial possession.

In other words: we play for the cup, we WON the cup, we OWN the cup. Game over, we are FOREVER Apple Cup champs. PERIOD. That's all I have to say about that.

I accept this game is over. Sooo, Cougs MUST win this year so that we take ownership of the cup AND...(in spite of the overall record) become Apple Cup champs for eternity by virtue of perennial possession.

In other words: we play for the cup, we WON the cup, we OWN the cup. Game over, we are FOREVER Apple Cup champs. PERIOD. That's all I have to say about that.
This x1000. Having the AC final resting place be in Pullman would be soooo sweet, and would make up for a lot of painful apple cups over the years. Unfortunately they may have one of their best teams ever this year. Lot of football between now and then but damn, that needs to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT