ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds of a reverse merger? Also, the broken NIL...

Historically mediocre you say? Let's take a look -

Washington Huskies football historical record 775-466-50

Washington State Cougars football historical record 579-581-45

One of those is definitely mediocre damn near to the number
Are you an attorney? It sure seems like it. We see right through your bullshit. In fact, I am thinking that with your sad efforts that you just might have been the poor schmuck that made the ridiculously poor arguments in front of the Colfax judge.

You made a direct response to a post that made a point about how the uw program was close to mediocre if you removed the last few James years and the Peterson years. So you ignored the essence of that point and claimed how great the muttskies were historically, which meant you were having to avoid his point to make yours. Then, you had to continue with your attempt to bring down the Cougs in a sad attempt to build up the mutts, and the discussion was not about the Cougs at all. We were not claiming to be top tier, WSU's record is what it is and we accept that.

Are you an attorney? It sure seems like it. We see right through your bullshit. In fact, I am thinking that with your sad efforts that you just might have been the poor schmuck that made the ridiculously poor arguments in front of the Colfax judge.

You made a direct response to a post that made a point about how the uw program was close to mediocre if you removed the last few James years and the Peterson years. So you ignored the essence of that point and claimed how great the muttskies were historically, which meant you were having to avoid his point to make yours. Then, you had to continue with your attempt to bring down the Cougs in a sad attempt to build up the mutts, and the discussion was not about the Cougs at all. We were not claiming to be top tier, WSU's record is what it is and we accept that.
Triggered by me posting the complete records of both of our teams?

How about I repost it and just take out every single winning season UW has ever had to make you feel better.

Do I think UW is Alabama? Clearly not. They would be somewhere in the 15-20 range as far best college programs over history. Hardly mediocre.

How about I repost it and just take out every single winning season UW has ever had to make you feel better.

Do I think UW is Alabama? Clearly not. They would be somewhere in the 15-20 range as far best college programs over history. Hardly mediocre.
1. Nope, not at all. I am aware of what the records are, why in the world would I be triggered?

2. No need to do that, but it might be nice if you instead took a look at what the % would be if you addressed the point that was made.

3. Actually, the correct position is #22.

What would be REALLY interesting is to remove the seasons in which the mutts achieved a high level of success by cheating and playing known criminals. Now THAT would really get down to the core of the issue.

Furthermore that UW record if round for easier math, comparison is about 800-500 historical record. That's comparable to about a 7-4 record back in the 11 game days, and 7-4 was, is semi slightly above average(5-6, 6-5, 6-6, etc), slightly above mediocre.

For comparison, since I don't know what Nebraska's historical record is, but it's probably only somewhere between 50 to 75 to 100 to 125 losses, and about, around 1150 wins, and look how they did in Big 10. And UW and most of their fans think that do good, decent, ok, better, etc, talk about delusional.

UW, Huskies will probably go somewhere between 4-8 at worst, 5-7, 6-6 at average, 7-5 at best, next season, and that's what they will probably do each season, except for the occasional outlier where they will occasionally win 8,9,10 games on a special season, instead of winning 5,6,7 games a season most seasons.

That about 800-500 historical record is not as good you think, and UW is probably not goin̈g to be as good as you think they will be in Big 10

Which history are you referring to. Yes, they had the resources to be a top 20 team for the last 50 years. But they have been .500 for most of that time.

Which history are you referring to. Yes, they had the resources to be a top 20 team for the last 50 years. But they have been .500 for most of that time.
Here are the top 10 winningest programs in CFB history. Take note of the fact that exactly 5 of the top 10 programs are in the Big Ten league. Add in Michigan State right behind the mutts at #26 and it doesn't give a lot of confidence for the uw to come in and start dominating the conference.

PS- not far behind the uw is Wisconsin at #33, UCLA at #36, Oregon at #37, and Minnesota at #40. The only teams ranked from #100-131 are Indiana and Northwestern.

Nobody here is pretending the Cougs would take the Big 10 by storm. You are showing up here to tell us that.

Even if they were one of the top 20 programs historically (they aren’t) that means jack shit when they are showing up in a conference where every other school has a financial and/or geographic advantage. You can jerk off to some Rose bowl wins eons ago while we watch them get slapped around for the next decade.

Here are the top 10 winningest programs in CFB history. Take note of the fact that exactly 5 of the top 10 programs are in the Big Ten league. Add in Michigan State right behind the mutts at #26 and it doesn't give a lot of confidence for the uw to come in and start dominating the conference.

PS- not far behind the uw is Wisconsin at #33, UCLA at #36, Oregon at #37, and Minnesota at #40. The only teams ranked from #100-131 are Indiana and Northwestern.
I might have to call bullshit on any list that has Boise State 6th 😂

Here’s another one for ya. https://collegefootballnews.com/ran...onal-champions-who-won-the-most-championships

Congrats you’re tied for 31st here with Maryland and UCLA. The only other schools ahead of you are Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan State, Illinois, Minnesota, and USC. Yeah they are all quaking in their boots with UWs historical dominance and half share coming for them.

I might have to call bullshit on any list that has Boise State 6th 😂

Here’s another one for ya. https://collegefootballnews.com/ran...onal-champions-who-won-the-most-championships

Congrats you’re tied for 31st here with Maryland and UCLA. The only other schools ahead of you are Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan State, Illinois, Minnesota, and USC. Yeah they are all quaking in their boots with UWs historical dominance and half share coming for them.
Another 6 posts FEEDING THE TROLL! WTF is wrong with you people?

You've had a couple nice runs and that's great...but the reality is that even with those runs, your mighty mutts average out to just better than a 7-5 season. In the eyes of actual elite programs....that's pretty mediocre. I remember when things had gotten dicey for so long at UW that you no longer celebrated championships...you celebrated "non-losing" seasons. Bragging about 6-6 is the very definition of mediocre.

As mentioned above, you don't even make it into the Top 25 in terms of winning percentage. To put things into perspective, UW would have to win 206 straight games to get into the Top 10. So, maybe WSU is behind UW, but you are delusional if you think that anyone outside of muttland thinks that UW is a truly elite program.

You've had a couple nice runs and that's great...but the reality is that even with those runs, your mighty mutts average out to just better than a 7-5 season. In the eyes of actual elite programs....that's pretty mediocre. I remember when things had gotten dicey for so long at UW that you no longer celebrated championships...you celebrated "non-losing" seasons. Bragging about 6-6 is the very definition of mediocre.

As mentioned above, you don't even make it into the Top 25 in terms of winning percentage. To put things into perspective, UW would have to win 206 straight games to get into the Top 10. So, maybe WSU is behind UW, but you are delusional if you think that anyone outside of muttland thinks that UW is a truly elite program.
They are exactly 25th by win percentage - with 8 teams ahead of them that haven't been relevant since people were going to games via horse and buggy. So that puts them in the 15-20 range as I said. Out of how many division 1 teams??? Hardly mediocre. Continue to cope.

They are exactly 25th by win percentage - with 8 teams ahead of them that haven't been relevant since people were going to games via horse and buggy. So that puts them in the 15-20 range as I said. Out of how many division 1 teams??? Hardly mediocre. Continue to cope.
Apparently 2002-2015 never happened. You keep going back and forth between 100 years of history and recent history to serve your narrative. Nobody gives two shits East of the continental divide about a program that’s spent over half of the 2000s in the gutter. Oregon beat UW like 14 times in a row during that time FFS.

UW is a mediocre program with a few stretches of success (which not coincidentally pretty much all came with cheating and other scandals…Google Norm Maeling or Victory and Ruins if you need a refresher)

UW is the 4th most relevant team joining the Big10 out of 4, and will be nestled somewhere between Nebraska and Illinois in the pecking order. Right in the middle. Mediocre. And Illinois and every school “below” them will have a financial and geographic advantage over UW. Enjoy another 2002-2015 stretch.

Apparently 2002-2015 never happened. You keep going back and forth between 100 years of history and recent history to serve your narrative. Nobody gives two shits East of the continental divide about a program that’s spent over half of the 2000s in the gutter. Oregon beat UW like 14 times in a row during that time FFS.

UW is a mediocre program with a few stretches of success (which not coincidentally pretty much all came with cheating and other scandals…Google Norm Maeling or Victory and Ruins if you need a refresher)

UW is the 4th most relevant team joining the Big10 out of 4, and will be nestled somewhere between Nebraska and Illinois in the pecking order. Right in the middle. Mediocre. And Illinois and every school “below” them will have a financial and geographic advantage over UW. Enjoy another 2002-2015 stretch.
Sure. The team that made the CFP twice is the 4th most relevant. Your misery sustains me.

While I have no doubt Grandpa is happy you’re doing your part to support his football fandom, trust me, he would have been happier if you had made it into school.

Sure. The team that made the CFP twice is the 4th most relevant. Your misery sustains me.
According to the Big10 checkbook UW is 🤷.

Show me another nationally relevant Big10 program who’s been dogshit for over half of the 2000s. As rough as Nebraska has had it, they haven’t even come close to the depths that UW has explored.

And UW was 4-8 just two years ago and suffered their worst home AC loss ever. But keep living in your “91 is the norm” world!

According to the Big10 checkbook UW is 🤷.

Show me another nationally relevant Big10 program who’s been dogshit for over half of the 2000s. As rough as Nebraska has had it, they haven’t even come close to the depths that UW has explored.

And UW was 4-8 just two years ago and suffered their worst home AC loss ever. But keep living in your “91 is the norm” world!
That was more or a timing thing - UW gave it their best effort, but the tv deal George presented was laughable. So they took an option that paid them twice as much and left a dying conference. If you think the B1G wouldn't take UW and Oregon over Maryland/Northwestern/Rutgers etc. you are delusional. When everything breaks apart and teams like Vandy and Northwestern are demoted you will see who is really wanted or not.

Their worst AC loss ever? The one where your high moral team started a sexual assaulter?

91' norm world? You could have just said last year or the year before when we had a better season than the cougs will ever have.

That was more or a timing thing - UW gave it their best effort, but the tv deal George presented was laughable. So they took an option that paid them twice as much and left a dying conference. If you think the B1G wouldn't take UW and Oregon over Maryland/Northwestern/Rutgers etc. you are delusional. When everything breaks apart and teams like Vandy and Northwestern are demoted you will see who is really wanted or not.

Their worst AC loss ever? The one where your high moral team started a sexual assaulter?

91' norm world? You could have just said last year or the year before when we had a better season than the cougs will ever have.
Ok fine…replace ‘91 with ‘23…they’re only 32 years apart.

How many wins is UW giving up from last year when they had a rapist running the football?

You just gonna ignore this little bit BTW?:

Hell show me another nationally relevant program that’s had a stretch like that, forget the Big10…you can’t. Because outside of a dream season last year when all of the stars aligned, UW hasn’t been. Nobody has given a shit about them south of Eugene or east of the Rockies. And nobody will for the next 10 years either when they are a mid-tier team in their new conference playing sub .500 ball.

Last edited:

So you went to the CFP 2 times, and had a championship or 2 in 100 years, with 1 of your 2 CFP's FINALLY(BOUT TIME), happening last season.

WSU won a Natty or equivalent of a Natty, went to 2 Rosebowls, went 11-2 in 2018.

Reason mention that, is a difference between UW, and WSU is that when, if UW has a great season as a outlier, UW thinks it makes them elite, where when, if WSU has a great season, as a outlier, WSU does not think that makes them elite.

Tiers

Elite

Ohio St

Great

Michigan

Penn St

Oregon

USC

Good

Wisconsin

Michigan St

Above average

Nebraska

UCLA

UW

Mediocre, Average

That's 9 teams above you that either better then you, are better historically, are better traditionally, have more money, have better bigger recruiting area, recruiting, and usually better coaching(with the exception of UCLA, and throwing out your 1,2,3 good coaches as exceptions(WSU has had Price, Erickson, Leach, but that doesn't mean that WSU has had great coaching. Those good coaches were the exception, just like the 1,2,3 exception coaches at UW)

Next season. Your going to get pounded by the 9 teams above you. And you won't be getting a favorable schedule, favorable home schedule. And new coach, new players, almost all starters gone, massive defection via Transfer Portal, massive decommits, lower ranked recruiting class, etc

Because of that you'll finish 7-5 at best, 5-7, 6-6 at average, 4-8 at worst.

If USED TO BE ELITE Nebraska, who historically better then UW struggled when they went to Big 10, then UW will probably struggle as well.

Your the 10th best team in the Big 10, middle of the conference, just barely slightly above average, to average, mediocre

Stop being illogical, delusional thinking UW is going to be good, great in Big 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wazzubrooz
So you went to the CFP 2 times, and had a championship or 2 in 100 years, with 1 of your 2 CFP's FINALLY(BOUT TIME), happening last season.

WSU won a Natty or equivalent of a Natty, went to 2 Rosebowls, went 11-2 in 2018.

Reason mention that, is a difference between UW, and WSU is that when, if UW has a great season as a outlier, UW thinks it makes them elite, where when, if WSU has a great season, as a outlier, WSU does not think that makes them elite.

Tiers

Elite

Ohio St

Great

Michigan

Penn St

Oregon

USC

Good

Wisconsin

Michigan St

Above average

Nebraska

UCLA

UW

Mediocre, Average

That's 9 teams above you that either better then you, are better historically, are better traditionally, have more money, have better bigger recruiting area, recruiting, and usually better coaching(with the exception of UCLA, and throwing out your 1,2,3 good coaches as exceptions(WSU has had Price, Erickson, Leach, but that doesn't mean that WSU has had great coaching. Those good coaches were the exception, just like the 1,2,3 exception coaches at UW)

Next season. Your going to get pounded by the 9 teams above you. And you won't be getting a favorable schedule, favorable home schedule. And new coach, new players, almost all starters gone, massive defection via Transfer Portal, massive decommits, lower ranked recruiting class, etc

If USED TO BE ELITE Nebraska, who historically better then UW struggled when they went to Big 10, then UW will probably struggle as well.

Your the 10th best team in the Big 10, middle of the conference, just barely slightly above average, to average, mediocre

Stop being illogical, delusional thinking UW is going to be good, great in Big 10.

To be fair to UW, they are in the same tier as Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan State. A lot of 7 or 8 win seasons to be had. They are definitely a team that is in danger of sliding down to Nebraska territory. Of course, that tier is also filled with teams like Northwestern, Purdue and Minnesota. They might be good in any given season, but just as likely to be 6-6.

You guys keep thinking the B1G is some unstoppable force when that just isn't the case. Michigan and Ohio State have a winning record against us throughout history, but you're still talking about playing once every 10 years. I think UW will hold their own over time in the B1G - you guys think we'll be a dumpster fire. The more likely outcome is there isn't even a B1G conference in another 5-10 years so it won't even matter in the long run.

Tiers

Elite

Ohio St

Great

Michigan

Penn St

Oregon

USC

Good

Wisconsin

Michigan St

Above average

Nebraska

UCLA

UW

Mediocre, Average

Comparing our football programs is laughable. WSU natty? LMFAO. You have won 10 games or more 5 times in your entire 106 year history - we've done it 5 times in the last 8 years. Even in your best season in a generation your savior qb was left in tears because of UW.

UW starting at 50+ mil per year (30 mil per + 21 CFP share) - current Mountain West at 4 mil. OUCH!

Considering even some reformed "Pac" will get you to maybe 10 mil per I would say calling UW a "revenue cellar dwellar" is hilarious.
In the B1G nitwit.

And how did your draft prognostication go? Not quite as glorious as you predicted. husky hubris in action.

Most of the 70's below average, changed in 1977. 78 and 79 they were average. So most of the 70's below average. 80-84 above average, 85-90 average. 90-93 after cheating were above average(dominate in 1991...lost last three games in 92.) 93-to 2000 average. Cheated again and were Rose Bowl in 2000. 01-03 they were average. 04-2012 below average to average. 13-15 average. 16-19 above average. They are 50/50 in 20 to 24.

They have an average history.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

You guys keep thinking the B1G is some unstoppable force when that just isn't the case. Michigan and Ohio State have a winning record against us throughout history, but you're still talking about playing once every 10 years. I think UW will hold their own over time in the B1G - you guys think we'll be a dumpster fire. The more likely outcome is there isn't even a B1G conference in another 5-10 years so it won't even matter in the long run.
"Hold your own" means what? Overall record over .500, and .400 in conference? Third place in your division as the ceiling?

I don’t think that’s what anyone is arguing. What we seem to not agree on is UW being some unstoppable force. Historically in the Pac UW has had financial advantages vs their conference counterparts and went through a number of decade long stretches of pretty mediocre performance.

How are they going to all of a sudden be a juggernaut in a conference in in which half of the teams have a more impressive football history and ALL of the teams have a financial advantage for the next several years?

I don’t think that’s what anyone is arguing. What we seem to not agree on is UW being some unstoppable force. Historically in the Pac UW has had financial advantages vs their conference counterparts and went through a number of decade long stretches of pretty mediocre performance.

How are they going to all of a sudden be a juggernaut in a conference in in which half of the teams have a more impressive football history and ALL of the teams have a financial advantage for the next several years?
I haven't seen a single person say they are going to be a "juggernaut" in the B1G or anything remotely close to that. The argument of this board is that they will be complete shit which I find hilarious.

I haven't seen a single person say they are going to be a "juggernaut" in the B1G or anything remotely close to that. The argument of this board is that they will be complete shit which I find hilarious.
I guess you’d have to define complete shit. You can find it as hilarious as you want, IMO they were complete shit from 2002-2015. A return to that wouldn’t be surprising considering what they are up against. Are they going to go 0-12 again, not likely. Will they have a couple of losing seasons and a handful of .500 seasons with an 8 or 9 win season sprinkled in. Likely. Think that’s what folks here expect and that’s probably what we see happen.

Comparing our football programs is laughable. WSU natty? LMFAO. You have won 10 games or more 5 times in your entire 106 year history - we've done it 5 times in the last 8 years. Even in your best season in a generation your savior qb was left in tears because of UW.

You completely missed the point. None of us is saying, none of has said WSU is a elite program, or saying it's better then UW, etc.

The point was to show, that whether your UW, or WSU or whoever, whatever that winning, going to, etc, a couple, few, handful of championships, playoffs, great years, however, whatever way you want to define it, in a 100 year time frame, does not make you elite, etc.

Your couple, few, handful, are spread out, outliers, not the norm, etc. Most of the time your a above average, semi good, decent, ok, semi mediocre, 7-4 a season program. 7-4 while good, semi good, ok, etc, is not fantastic, awesome, elite, etc.

Your a 7-4 a season team, with the occasional outlier bad years, and the occasional outlier great season, playoff, championship, etc. You having the occasional bad year does not make you a bad team, and you having the occasional great year does not make you a great team.

Your a 7-4 a season team about to go against a league, conference full of teams that regularly go either 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, 9-3, 8-4, vs your 7-4.

And your going against a conference where your the 8,9,10 best team in a conference of about 16 to 18 teams.

Your going against a conference where 11-1 EVERY SEASON NEBRASKA got clobbered in the Big 10.

LOGIC says that your only going to win 5,6,7 games a season on average in the Big 10 and be middle of the Big 10 at average.

Your delusional if you think UW will do well, win 7,8,9 games a season, be in top 2,3,4,5 teams in Big 10, etc.

But if you want to be delusional, then go ahead, you'll find out soon enough.

The argument on this board is that you are a shithead for coming over to puff out your chest because UW has been allowed to be a discount bin program for the B1G and WSU wasn't.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
The argument on this board is that you are a shithead for coming over to puff out your chest because UW has been allowed to be a discount bin program for the B1G and WSU wasn't.
Bingo. Shmedium shirt guy who is like 30% body fat.

Obligatory.....

Obligatory.....

At this point you’re trolling everyone loyal. Dude came here to talk shit, why’s it so surprising people are going to talk shit back? Especially when his main debating point is…”well we’re UW so….”

At this point you’re trolling everyone loyal. Dude came here to talk shit, why’s it so surprising people are going to talk shit back? Especially when his main debating point is…”well we’re UW so….”
And I thought my purple haired troll was pretty cute. I had one similar to that when I was like 5 years old. Reminds me of the maturity of this thread.

I for one (and I guess the only one), no longer give a shit about the mutts, don't frequent this board to banter with or about mutts, and find it difficult to fathom why any other WSU fan does. But whatever.

Rule # 1 - ignore the troll and it will go away. But if you prefer that this one becomes a fixture on our WSU board, hey have at it.

And I thought my purple haired troll was pretty cute. I had one similar to that when I was like 5 years old. Reminds me of the maturity of this thread.

I for one (and I guess the only one), no longer give a shit about the mutts, don't frequent this board to banter with or about mutts, and find it difficult to fathom why any other WSU fan does. But whatever.

Rule # 1 - ignore the troll and it will go away. But if you prefer that this one becomes a fixture on our WSU board, hey have at it.
I’ll ignore someone who has a reasonable argument. “My purple and gold Starter jacket from 1991 still fits” doesn’t count.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT