ADVERTISEMENT

What will the men's BB team's final records be?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
In looking at the schedule, the best finish appears to be 8-10 in conference and 14-16 overall. With an upset over UCLA, they could finish at .500, which would have been unthinkable before the season began (or in the early stages).

I must admit.........

Originally posted by YakiCoug:
In looking at the schedule, the best finish appears to be 8-10 in conference and 14-16 overall. With an upset over UCLA, they could finish at .500, which would have been unthinkable before the season began (or in the early stages).
........that I have paid very little attention to records this year. Now that you bring it up, WSU is already better (5vs3 Pac, 11vs10 total) wins than last year with 5 games left. But man the league overall is mediocre (see below, sorry for the formatting).

I had no idea that we were 2 Pac games up on the mutts. Of course, they had their usual 11-1 non-con record to make them look decent. Let's hope for a win this weekend. I'll call CEK's first season a success now, everything from here on out is gravy.

Pac-12 Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVERALL

Arizona
10-2
22-3

Utah
10-2
20-4

Oregon
8-5
18-8

UCLA
8-6
16-11

Stanford
7-6
16-9

Oregon St
7-6
16-9

California
6-7
16-10

Arizona St
6-7
14-12

Colorado
5-7
12-12

Washington St
5-8
11-14

Washington
3-10
14-11

USC
2-11
10-15

Thats basically how I see it 8-10 with 9-9 a possible with the upset of UCLA. No game however is a gimme for this team so it could be much worse. Overall I'm pretty happy with Coach Kents first year as coach. My only concern has been recruiting but I'll take a wait and see attitude of that.

I think that recruiting will turn out to be a nice surprise.Kent has an eye for talent and knows basketball players.Kent's turning away of the "one and done" wonder ,shows excellent insight into knowing what type of talent and person he needs for his team. Likewise,he probably saved Hawkinson from being a role player. An article on brand X summarizes how Kent is wise. He reportedly asked Hawkinson what he would be doing for the team.. Hawkinson reportedly told him that he would work inside and set picks. Kent then told Hawkinson that "he would be a scorer" for his team It seem like the Bonehead had told him to gain weight so he fattened up from 220-250 pds! Hawkinson said it was all fat and that the Bonehead envisioned him as a Baynes type of player weighing about 265-270 pds! The poor kid is not gifted athletically and to put that much fat on a player who really cannot jump and is not the quickest player doomed him to a misreable role in his coug career. No wonder the kid looked so bad,Kent saved the kid and he has lost the fat and worked his way into being a capable PAC 12 player. I believe that Kent has chosen players who will play well in his system and we see a much better team next year.Some coaches do not know what they are doing. kent has had success before and will build his team for success in Pullman.

I think that recruiting will turn out to be a nice surprise.Kent has an eye for talent and knows basketball players.Kent's turning away of the "one and done" wonder ,shows excellent insight into knowing what type of talent and person he needs for his team. Likewise,he probably saved Hawkinson from being a role player. An article on brand X summarizes how Kent is wise. He reportedly asked Hawkinson what he would be doing for the team.. Hawkinson reportedly told him that he would work inside and set picks. Kent then told Hawkinson that "he would be a scorer" for his team It seem like the Bonehead had told him to gain weight so he fattened up from 220-250 pds! Hawkinson said it was all fat and that the Bonehead envisioned him as a Baynes type of player weighing about 265-270 pds! The poor kid is not gifted athletically and to put that much fat on a player who really cannot jump and is not the quickest player doomed him to a miserable role in his coug career. No wonder the kid looked so bad,Kent saved the kid and he has lost the fat and worked his way into being a capable PAC 12 player. I believe that Kent has chosen players who will play well in his system and we see a much better team next year.Some coaches do not know what they are doing. kent has had success before and will build his team for success in Pullman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT