ADVERTISEMENT

When the season unofficially ends early, what do you do?

OrangeGravy

Head Coach
Nov 13, 2017
When things turn this bad this early in the season, do you keep watching? Keep watching the Cougs, but stop watching other CFB games?

I keep watching our games, but it makes it really hard for me to care enough about any other games around the country. All that's left for me is hopefully some upsets of the top 5 teams. I root for max chaos the rest of the way.

At least they fell apart in Game 1 of conference play. Saves us getting to Week 9 before the wheels come off.

I’ll still watch but won’t stay up late to do so and won’t make this a priority over family or making the best of what’s left of warm weather

When things turn this bad this early in the season, do you keep watching? Keep watching the Cougs, but stop watching other CFB games?

I keep watching our games, but it makes it really hard for me to care enough about any other games around the country. All that's left for me is hopefully some upsets of the top 5 teams. I root for max chaos the rest of the way.
Ask Oregon State.

Still watch on dvr, but will be fishing and hunting more, not worrying about being in front of a TV. There just isnt any fire in this team. I have no clue how they beat Houston on the road.
Houston is bad. They followed up losing to us at home to getting beat by Tulane

Reactions: walzuu
minnesota-coach-eating-a-dilly-bar-in-snow.gif

Reactions: OrangeGravy
The season isn’t over for me, but like Leach said yesterday, many of our fans are fat and entitled. I expect them to bail on the program. After all, for most of them, Coug football began in 2015.

The season isn’t over for me, but like Leach said yesterday, many of our fans are fat and entitled. I expect them to bail on the program. After all, for most of them, Coug football began in 2015.
No kidding—sounds like people are jumping ship. Real coug fans have been through this before. Gotta keep watching, if for nothing else watching some of the young kids get on the field. And maybe for the comedy of errors that is the defense.

you know if we have a rebuilding year we will get through it, even ND and USC have had those years

No kidding—sounds like people are jumping ship. Real coug fans have been through this before. Gotta keep watching, if for nothing else watching some of the young kids get on the field. And maybe for the comedy of errors that is the defense.
An interesting twist would be to give the younger players on defense more time and maybe some time for Gubrud, Tinsley, Cooper and Cruz. They'd have no choice but to find out who takes a leadership role and who can make some plays.

Exactly. We should be 4-1. I don’t think this is a good team, but there aren’t many defenses that will frustrate us like Utah was able to. That was an Apple Cup defense in Apple Cup weather.

We need a couple of weeks to hit the reset button. ASU is a decent team, and like us, they’re on a bye next week. They’ll be ready for us. So far, they’ve had problems on offense. We’ll see how good we make them look.

Reactions: cougarhawk1
An interesting twist would be to give the younger players on defense more time and maybe some time for Gubrud, Tinsley, Cooper and Cruz. They'd have no choice but to find out who takes a leadership role and who can make some plays.
I’m good with that—the starters on D have been given plenty of opportunity to show what they have, and they clearly don’t have it. We aren’t playing for a decent bowl at this point, hell we might be lucky to win another game. Get the young kids out there and get them a 7 game head start on next year. There is nothing to lose by getting eventual starters game speed experience.

Gfy.

My money is still going to the school. In case you forgot, football is entertainment. There is nothing entertaining about a team that gets their asses handed to them every week.

But you have fun patting yourself on the back, superfan.

I believe he was talking about his team...not the fans.

This thread and the board at large are chock full of hot takes.

Calls for heads to roll and benching everybody are dumb but predictable.

It's simply not true that the core personalities on this board have forgotten pre-2015. Most people go back at least to Price and I'm sure earlier (this is not a roll call for how old you are).

It's OK to fret over two humiliating losses. You can react angrily to boneheaded mental and physical breakdowns with players and coaches, and still be a fan. The French Revolution thing is a bit much though.

It's also OK to catch as much of the Cougs as you can, but to deprioritize it for family or other things that are important to you, especially starting conference 0-2 and knowing Cougar football will be there next year and 50 years from now. You might not be able to say that about your parents or yourself, and I assure you St Peter is not predicating your salvation on what a monster fan you were via your WW post history

Still not an excuse, the season looked over in 2016 when we dropped out first two against Eastern Washington and Boise St. We won 8 straight.

I haven’t missed a game either in person, on TV, or on the radio since about ‘95 or so. In fact, my son was born on a Coug game day, and watched the game from the the hospital room with my wife. Fortunately he was born a couple of hours before kickoff, but I suspect I would have had an earbud in while she was I labor if not.

i will continue to follow. I’ll be at hunting camp for the ASU game, and I’ll have my tailgater satellite setup. It’s one of those odd moments where I hope I don’t get an elk on the evening hunt ....

Reactions: ATACFD
This thread and the board at large are chock full of hot takes.

Calls for heads to roll and benching everybody are dumb but predictable.

It's simply not true that the core personalities on this board have forgotten pre-2015. Most people go back at least to Price and I'm sure earlier (this is not a roll call for how old you are).

It's OK to fret over two humiliating losses. You can react angrily to boneheaded mental and physical breakdowns with players and coaches, and still be a fan. The French Revolution thing is a bit much though.

It's also OK to catch as much of the Cougs as you can, but to deprioritize it for family or other things that are important to you, especially starting conference 0-2 and knowing Cougar football will be there next year and 50 years from now. You might not be able to say that about your parents or yourself, and I assure you St Peter is not predicating your salvation on what a monster fan you were via your WW post history
Just in regard to the defensive side of the ball...the benching or less playing time have already begun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT