ADVERTISEMENT

Where are they now?

Glad Cougar

Hall Of Fame
Apr 2, 2003
Aberdeen SD
Remember Tremaine Isbell, who some thought was going to be a one-and-done for Ken Bone and WSU? He's now a sophomore at Mizzou averaging 12 minutes a game, 5 points a game, and more turnovers than assists so far this season. It seems Coach Kent made the right call in parting ways with Isbell, although he still has time to develop.

Remember Tanner Lancona? His scholarship offer was removed by Bone coming out of HS and he ended up at St. Louis University. He has since transferred to NAIA school Point Loma Nazarene in So Cal. He's averaging about 13 ppg, 6 rpg.

Neither guy was probably going to do much at WSU.

Glad Cougar

Remember Tremaine Isbell, who some thought was going to be a one-and-done for Ken Bone and WSU? He's now a sophomore at Mizzou averaging 12 minutes a game, 5 points a game, and more turnovers than assists so far this season. It seems Coach Kent made the right call in parting ways with Isbell, although he still has time to develop.

Remember Tanner Lancona? His scholarship offer was removed by Bone coming out of HS and he ended up at St. Louis University. He has since transferred to NAIA school Point Loma Nazarene in So Cal. He's averaging about 13 ppg, 6 rpg.

Glad Cougar

I think there was just one guy who thought Isabell was an NBA prospect. His problems with Kent didn't involve his on-court talent though. A good decision by Ernie to drop him although he was probably better than the three guards he brought in for his first clas.

I believe Lancona transferred to Point Loma partly because he didn't want to sit out a year (Point Loma is actually a D-2 school now). Beautiful campus by the ocean and an enrollment that's 2/3 female. I remember that quite a few people thought that Bone should have dropped Hawkinson instead of Lancona.

Also, I see that Brett Kingma is now playing at Western and averaging about 7 ppg. He spent a year as a walk-on in Pullman after leaving Oregon (he had at least three Pac 12 offers out of HS).

Full disclosure: I was one of those who thought Lancona was a better prospect than Hawkinson. LOL, no wonder they didn't ask me back to coach 7th grade boys recreational league basketball.

Point Loma is indeed a beautiful campus. The baseball field, with the backdrop of the ocean, is breathtaking. Didn't know they had moved up to D-II.

Glad Cougar

Andy Van Viliet was ruled ineligible at Wisconsin. Probably in the long run will be a blessing to get a year under his belt, with weight training and practice. I also was higher on Lancona than Hawkinson before the desicion. I thought Kingma might have provided a spark off the bench.

I thought Lancona would have the higher upside until I saw Hawkinson his first year. Given the high school video I was surprised when I saw him for the first time by how well he moved and he definitely had a good feel for the game. I think the summer before he came in you started hearing good reports on him. I thought he would be good his freshman year but I didn't imagine he would become a 20/10 type guy though.

I was hoping for Boucher in this cycle but didn't get my wish. Still would like him after seeing him with Oregon but Clifford continue to come along. He just has to work on his body and get in a lot better shape.

Glad Cougar
Isabell sounds like our guards, so it's not like he would have hurt us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT