ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the WSU collective?

I would wager that if the NCAA wanted to use their March Madness blueprint for football it would be equally as big…. maybe bigger than basketball.

32 team playoff. High seeds get home games. Say good bye to the crap bowls.
When you go to a playoff, that will end corporate sponsorship. The bowls will be gone and you will see two division 1 divisions. The super deluxe division. The SEC and the Big 10, half of the Pac 12. My guess 6 team divisions, 8 divisions. The rest like the Mountain West, part of the ACC, a team or two kicked out of SEC, Oregon State , Cal etc will play in a 60 team division that may have ribbons and bowl games at the end of the season.

But do not expect corporate help or sponsorship once they go to the playoff system. And fans will not travel.

When you go to a playoff, that will end corporate sponsorship. The bowls will be gone and you will see two division 1 divisions. The super deluxe division. The SEC and the Big 10, half of the Pac 12. My guess 6 team divisions, 8 divisions. The rest like the Mountain West, part of the ACC, a team or two kicked out of SEC, Oregon State , Cal etc will play in a 60 team division that may have ribbons and bowl games at the end of the season.

But do not expect corporate help or sponsorship once they go to the playoff system. And fans will not travel.

Wrong. Another dumb post from cougediot.

Wrong. Another dumb post from cougediot.
?

What parts did you disagree with?

One of the College Football guys on ESPN radio said he thinks there could be a breakaway for the Power 5 schools to do their own thing. He didn't specifically mention a Super Deluxe division, but a lot of his ideas were similar to Ed's concepts.

?

What parts did you disagree with?

One of the College Football guys on ESPN radio said he thinks there could be a breakaway for the Power 5 schools to do their own thing. He didn't specifically mention a Super Deluxe division, but a lot of his ideas were similar to Ed's concepts.

F’ing all of it. I dont believe a 32 team playoff will end corporate sponsorships. I think they’ll f’ing skyrocket to be in a marquee events like that.

I don’t believe we will see any conference realignment the opportunity to be in the playoff has grown. Maybe teams move to be independent because they don’t wanna split the money. But that depends on the tv deal $ vs the playoff $.

The idea that you’re going to increase in eyes, participants and games but somehow shrink in $ is f’ing dumb.

QanonEd is dumb. The talking head you saw on tv is dumb.

A 32 team playoff explodes college football. Hell man, how many offices have bracket pools for March Madness? How many websites have brackets $$$? That shit for football is gonna explode interest and gambling. But in QanonEd’s world corporate sponsors walk away? Get the f$ck out.

Why do you say that? A properly implemented playoff would mean that the top 4 teams (minimum) of each of the major conferences would qualify. If it was limited to the SEC, B!0, SEC and half of the ACC and P12, that would be short sighted. There would be 60-70 other programs that would eventually band together and form their own division and compete against the Super conference.

The NCAA basketball tournament is open to hundreds of programs, and every year a handful of the small schools advance to the sweet-16. The Cinderella dream is what makes it so great.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Yes, it was Mitzel's at Fife! After I said "Poodle Dog", I remember it wasn't held there. It was a special side meeting room at Mitzel's. And 1997 or 1998 seems about right. Just after our Rose Bowl year. I just popped in one time. I believe it was a weeknight, like a Tuesday, 7pm, type of deal.

Cool.
I guess we didn't impress you very much if you only came one time. :)

You weren't a quarterback of your JV or jr hi team were you?

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I guess we didn't impress you very much if you only came one time. :)

You weren't a quarterback of your JV or jr hi team were you?
Well, coming from the Seattle area, going with traffic, that's a one hour drive....so was just checking it out one time. You guys...(Pierce County CC), seemed to be way more active, and met weekly. I recall, King County wasn't doing that. It was just organizing special COUG events in the area.

Regarding QB in JV or HS. No. Wasn't me.

Well, coming from the Seattle area, going with traffic, that's a one hour drive....so was just checking it out one time. You guys...(Pierce County CC), seemed to be way more active, and met weekly. I recall, King County wasn't doing that. It was just organizing special COUG events in the area.

Regarding QB in JV or HS. No. Wasn't me.
You needed more dedication! :) My last three years for retiring (2009-2012) I had been transferred from Kent to Everett, so had to travel from Everett to Fife for the meetings. Brutal!

Glad you weren't the QB. We had a guy show up one time that had too much to drink and certainly did NOT make a good impression. He kept bragging about when he was a JV QB and how much he knew about football. Thought he knew just what all the Cougs needed to do to win games. The capper was when he responded to someone's point with a "Well, fvck me dead!" comment. That was not well received by anyone, especially the ladies in the room. Fortunately, his time with the PCCC was simply a one and done effort.

And before anyone starts guessing who it was, pretty darn sure it was NOT CougEd or Biggs. lol

You needed more dedication! :) My last three years for retiring (2009-2012) I had been transferred from Kent to Everett, so had to travel from Everett to Fife for the meetings. Brutal!

Glad you weren't the QB. We had a guy show up one time that had too much to drink and certainly did NOT make a good impression. He kept bragging about when he was a JV QB and how much he knew about football. Thought he knew just what all the Cougs needed to do to win games. The capper was when he responded to someone's point with a "Well, fvck me dead!" comment. That was not well received by anyone, especially the ladies in the room. Fortunately, his time with the PCCC was simply a one and done effort.

And before anyone starts guessing who it was, pretty darn sure it was NOT CougEd or Biggs. lol

I was there. It was Ed.

F’ing all of it. I dont believe a 32 team playoff will end corporate sponsorships. I think they’ll f’ing skyrocket to be in a marquee events like that.

I don’t believe we will see any conference realignment the opportunity to be in the playoff has grown. Maybe teams move to be independent because they don’t wanna split the money. But that depends on the tv deal $ vs the playoff $.

The idea that you’re going to increase in eyes, participants and games but somehow shrink in $ is f’ing dumb.

QanonEd is dumb. The talking head you saw on tv is dumb.

A 32 team playoff explodes college football. Hell man, how many offices have bracket pools for March Madness? How many websites have brackets $$$? That shit for football is gonna explode interest and gambling. But in QanonEd’s world corporate sponsors walk away? Get the f$ck out.
Good grief. Coming from a guy who wanted to build an entire offense around a fullback from Othello this is rich.

Who sponsors the NFL playoff first and second round games? The reason you see the "Seaworld " Holiday Bowl and you have the entire city involved because they want tourist revenue. No one is going to a quarter final game. No one. It might draw 1000 people if that.

You think if Oregon State played Alabama at a neutral field in the quarter finals it draws? Hell no.

As usual you don't think anything out.

BBall doesnt need teams (fans) to travel. Who sponsored the first round of the NCAA tourney last year? Yep Jacksonville State vs Auburn I am sure had the sponsors licking their chops.

But then again we could put the games in the Tron Dome in Ellensburg

Good grief. Coming from a guy who wanted to build an entire offense around a fullback from Othello this is rich.

Who sponsors the NFL playoff first and second round games? The reason you see the "Seaworld " Holiday Bowl and you have the entire city involved because they want tourist revenue. No one is going to a quarter final game. No one. It might draw 1000 people if that.

You think if Oregon State played Alabama at a neutral field in the quarter finals it draws? Hell no.

As usual you don't think anything out.

BBall doesnt need teams (fans) to travel. Who sponsored the first round of the NCAA tourney last year? Yep Jacksonville State vs Auburn I am sure had the sponsors licking their chops.

But then again we could put the games in the Tron Dome in Ellensburg

The depth of your dumb has no bottom.

Do you really think Oregon State won’t pack out against Alabama? You’re f’ing stupid if you think otherwise.

A playoff game in Martin Stadium flows over.

As usual, you’re a f’ing dummy.

The depth of your dumb has no bottom.

Do you really think Oregon State won’t pack out against Alabama? You’re f’ing stupid if you think otherwise.

A playoff game in Martin Stadium flows over.

As usual, you’re a f’ing dummy.
Ummm...the field of 64 plays a a neutral field. Do you think SEC schools are going to agree to play at Martin Stadium? Reser. Where is the money in that? And you are dumb enough to believe those two schools will be in the super conference. USC and UCLA already left, and UW and Oregon have been shopping around.

Why would SEC want to share money with Cal, Stanford, Arizona, OSU, WSU. They already have the dead weight in their league they will throw overboard in a Y minute if a round of 32 or 48 comes to pass.

And no one will travel to a neutral site. Although Biggs Tron Stadium might draw you and the fam in Ellensburg

Ummm...the field of 64 plays a a neutral field. Do you think SEC schools are going to agree to play at Martin Stadium? Reser. Where is the money in that? And you are dumb enough to believe those two schools will be in the super conference. USC and UCLA already left, and UW and Oregon have been shopping around.

Why would SEC want to share money with Cal, Stanford, Arizona, OSU, WSU. They already have the dead weight in their league they will throw overboard in a Y minute if a round of 32 or 48 comes to pass.

And no one will travel to a neutral site. Although Biggs Tron Stadium might draw you and the fam in Ellensburg

Again, higher seed gets home field. It doesnt matter what they f’ing want. It’s what is.

Field of 32. Who the fuc& has said anything about 64? You are making shit up. F’ing stop.

There is no super conference. Jesus what the fuc$ is wrong with you? You are making shit up as you go along.

F’ing stop the insanity.

Again, higher seed gets home field. It doesnt matter what they f’ing want. It’s what is.

Field of 32. Who the fuc& has said anything about 64? You are making shit up. F’ing stop.

There is no super conference. Jesus what the fuc$ is wrong with you? You are making shit up as you go along.

F’ing stop the insanity.
I said there will be a super conference. You will have a 16 team maybe 32 team play off. Again, why would Alabama want to split revenue from a 1/16 game with WSU. Aint gonna happen. In order for your playoff system to work, the bowls are out, so no sponsorship and higher seed gets a home game. Do you see any home games that have corp sponsorship? Let me answer that one for you....NO

I said there will be a super conference. You will have a 16 team maybe 32 team play off. Again, why would Alabama want to split revenue from a 1/16 game with WSU. Aint gonna happen. In order for your playoff system to work, the bowls are out, so no sponsorship and higher seed gets a home game. Do you see any home games that have corp sponsorship? Let me answer that one for you....NO

If there are 32 entries in the playoff bracket there wont be a super conference. So fuc$ your argument altogether. Stop your insanity.

If there are 32 entries in the playoff bracket there wont be a super conference. So fuc$ your argument altogether. Stop your insanity.

Neutral game at Bigg Tron Stadium.

You think the AD's haven't thought this through and why USC and UCLA were pursued. They want to be positioned ...and no there wont be playoff sponsorships.

You think the AD's haven't thought this through and why USC and UCLA were pursued. They want to be positioned ...and no there wont be playoff sponsorships.
Good lord here we go again. Give it a rest you guys. We are 2 years away from the expansion to 12 teams (I would have gone with 8). It'll be a decade before anything changes further.

Stop making up scenarios. If there is a playoff there will be home field.

No QanonEd, I dont think ADs have thought this thru. Hell, Chun hadn’t thought thru NIL when it was barreling down the tracks at him. But you think he has thought about playoffs? No way.

If there are tv ads to be sold, there will be sponsorships. You f’ing moron. Look at March Madness. Who the **** has ties to more than 1 of those teams? If f’ing any! And yet people watch. People fill out brackets. Morons like you fill out a bracket choosing winners by team colors.

Find another thread to spout your moronic garbage in.

Good lord here we go again. Give it a rest you guys. We are 2 years away from the expansion to 12 teams (I would have gone with 8). It'll be a decade before anything changes further.

You guys? It’s QanonEd. It’s always f’ing QanonEd.

Stop making up scenarios. If there is a playoff there will be home field.

No QanonEd, I dont think ADs have thought this thru. Hell, Chun hadn’t thought thru NIL when it was barreling down the tracks at him. But you think he has thought about playoffs? No way.

If there are tv ads to be sold, there will be sponsorships. You f’ing moron. Look at March Madness. Who the **** has ties to more than 1 of those teams? If f’ing any! And yet people watch. People fill out brackets. Morons like you fill out a bracket choosing winners by team colors.

Find another thread to spout your moronic garbage in.
You are just flat out wrong. First it is a huge moneymaker, then it is shown why there wont be additional dollars coming in. Then Martin Stadium will be full but you don't factor in how may other home games will be lost and the chances of WSU hosting a home game is like your one back Othello offense chances of succeeding....slim to none.

And Chun not doing anything about NIL...any clue why he did not? I will spot you the first five letters as to why....illeg.

LC...you do get you don't have to read about Biggie Smalls ideas. Man I knew they should have made you board moderator

You are just flat out wrong. First it is a huge moneymaker, then it is shown why there wont be additional dollars coming in. Then Martin Stadium will be full but you don't factor in how may other home games will be lost and the chances of WSU hosting a home game is like your one back Othello offense chances of succeeding....slim to none.

And Chun not doing anything about NIL...any clue why he did not? I will spot you the first five letters as to why....illeg.

Jesus. Shut the fuc$ up already with your dipshit scenarios.

A playoff game in Pullman is a good thing.

Not according to the QanonEd. It would be bad.
I said that . I said that isn’t what is going to happen .

Can you name 64 teams that would be more desirable than say OSU to have in a conference that offered play off games . You have almost witnessed the break up of the Pac 12 . Not sure what transpired since usc left to think there won’t me more fall out .

I said that . I said that isn’t what is going to happen .

Can you name 64 teams that would be more desirable than say OSU to have in a conference that offered play off games . You have almost witnessed the break up of the Pac 12 . Not sure what transpired since usc left to think there won’t me more fall out .

It’s a 32 team playoff. Not f’ing 64. You are making shit up. Fuc$ing stop.

It’s a 32 team playoff. Not f’ing 64. You are making shit up. Fuc$ing stop.
Oh my God... is anyone on here seriously trying to say you couldn't do a playoff game at WSU?

Wtf do you think it is when we play fUsc or NIKE?

If WSU had a playoff game, we'd probably sell out on WSU tickets alone.

Just because it'd be a week's notice for us to play Tennessee at home you don't think we'd get 30,000 to show up?

This falls into the all time stupid thinking category. And I should know.

It's until he gets a better offer. Then they'll have to go back to the well again.

The new system is free agency without contracts. You sign with a team, you play a season. Someone else makes a higher bid, you sign with them instead. It's totally mercenary.

Even 5 years ago, any kind of transfer exemptions were rare. Medical redshirts were hard to get. Transferring for anything other than overt abuse cost you a year of eligibility. We've flipped 180 degrees...now it's rare to not get an exemption. You don't even have to apply for the exemptions anymore - look at UVA. The NCAA just gave the entire team (minus the kids who declared for the draft) an extra year.

There needs to be some big changes if CFB is going to be salvaged.

Step 1 is rosters need to shrink. No more having 100 kids on the team - that just allows the big programs to hold more recruits...and lets them use scholarships and NIL strategically. Hard cap of 70 players per team. That forces the talent to spread wider. (I've thought about another model, where teams who finish higher get fewer roster spots, teams who finish lower get more. I like the idea, but it'd be hard to manage.)

Step 2 is changing the current eligibility & participation model. Redshirts aren't what they used to be, so get rid of them. Every player gets to participate in a maximum of 200 quarters over 5 seasons (OT and bowls don't count). You can get a 6th season if you have at least 40 quarters remaining and had 2 seasons ended by injury before the halfway mark.

Step 3 is roster protection. If USC plucks a player from WSU who started at least 50% of WSU's games the previous season, USC pays WSU for his scholarship and this counts as 1 of USC's scholarships. So..USC only gets to carry 69 players that season, while WSU carries 70 and only pays for 69. This does not apply to graduate transfers.

The current system is completely off the rails, some limits need to be established. I don't think they'll do it though. As it is, CFB just isn't as much fun as it used to be. I've finally reached the point where I'm searching for reasons to renew my tickets, and leaning toward not. Not long ago, I just did it without hesitation.

The current system is developed to allow the rich to get richer. There is no intent of spreading the wealth. It's like our federal government and many state governments.

Oh my God... is anyone on here seriously trying to say you couldn't do a playoff game at WSU?

Wtf do you think it is when we play fUsc or NIKE?

If WSU had a playoff game, we'd probably sell out on WSU tickets alone.

Just because it'd be a week's notice for us to play Tennessee at home you don't think we'd get 30,000 to show up?

This falls into the all time stupid thinking category. And I should know.

QanonEd ruins everything.

Also, if there were a 32 team bracket, the NCAA would likely be on the hook for travel. At least they are in d3. So you’d prob see regional games. The idea that Miami would be flying across the country to WSU or WSU flying across the country to Boston College is not likely.

QanonEd ruins everything.

Also, if there were a 32 team bracket, the NCAA would likely be on the hook for travel. At least they are in d3. So you’d prob see regional games. The idea that Miami would be flying across the country to WSU or WSU flying across the country to Boston College is not likely.
Oh I didn’t know you want to live in Never Never land .Then imagine a playoff game in the Tron Dome .

I didn’t expand tourney to 64 games . That will be the NFL lite division of college football and there will be probably the nfc lite west division. AFC lite west division do on and so forth.

There is a reason the Big 10 went west to get usc and ucla . It is to get increases revenue and also position their playoff position .

You are adding four weeks potentially 16 games season . The mechanics and where wsu would fall (they are uw and Oregon leaving from being without a home ) in reimagining conferences .

Oh I didn’t know you want to live in Never Never land .Then imagine a playoff game in the Tron Dome .

I didn’t expand tourney to 64 games . That will be the NFL lite division of college football and there will be probably the nfc lite west division. AFC lite west division do on and so forth.

There is a reason the Big 10 went west to get usc and ucla . It is to get increases revenue and also position their playoff position .

You are adding four weeks potentially 16 games season . The mechanics and where wsu would fall (they are uw and Oregon leaving from being without a home ) in reimagining conferences .
Fuc$ off weirdo.

The current system is developed to allow the rich to get richer. There is no intent of spreading the wealth. It's like our federal government and many state governments.
That’ll definitely be the effect, but I’m not sure it’s the intentional design. I’m not sure there is a design. It’s now just a system that has no limits, and the few rules are easy to get exempted from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT