ADVERTISEMENT

Why Falk SHOULD considering going pro this year...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
Here's why:
1. Risk of injury. He takes shots. He could end up like Halliday.
2. Supporting cast. Cracraft and Marks leaving will hurt. The younger guys have promise, but still may be a year or so out.
3. Draft Stock. If he's a 4th or 5th rounder this year, I really don't see him jumping up the mark. This year's QB class is not as deep as next years (say the experts). You might as well.

He only should stay if he strongly believes another year will raise his stock. It might, or it might not.

Tough choice. He was asked during the presser if he's made up his mind....he shook his head no.

I think it would be good for both sides if he moved on. Make some money and let us start working towards the future with new leaders.

I agree and one hopes that he decides to go pro. A backup QB gig for 2-5 years will put him in good stead financially

It's pretty clear his family has been career oriented since high school-and he missed his window once and cost him a year of playing. He may want to take advantage of that window of opportunity again now. Another year with the Cougs could potentially jeapordize that dream. It's a smart move actually. Also, I'm ready for whoever wants to step up and become a leader at QB. Cougs need a multi dimensional player for a successful future. Really hate to say it but I don't know that Luke is the right guy anymore.

I think that he has shown that he is not the right QB. However i really think that Leach wants him back/

Cool Hand Luke is the right guy - the zombie/ girls softball team qb from games 1&2, 11-13 is not.

Where has Cool Hand Luke gone? Falk only knows, and he ain't telling.

Here's why:
1. Risk of injury. He takes shots. He could end up like Halliday.
2. Supporting cast. Cracraft and Marks leaving will hurt. The younger guys have promise, but still may be a year or so out.
3. Draft Stock. If he's a 4th or 5th rounder this year, I really don't see him jumping up the mark. This year's QB class is not as deep as next years (say the experts). You might as well.

He only should stay if he strongly believes another year will raise his stock. It might, or it might not.

Tough choice. He was asked during the presser if he's made up his mind....he shook his head no.
After the horrific performance against Minnesota, I doubt there is a team out there who would take him. Why would they? His lack of arm strength was supposed to be offset by his pocket savviness. Did you see any of that in the Holiday Bowl? If that was an audition for him going pro, it sure as hell won't be in the NFL. He couldn't even throw the ball away and took sacks at exactly the wrong moment. He either goes another year, figures out how to correct the stuff he can, makes himself attractive, or he has taken his last competitive snap in football. I saw NO strengths in the loss, nothing that makes him draft-worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT