ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Soccer

I went back and looked in the threads. Cougsocal, thanks for the great analysis.

Thanks! As a small boy, I watched Alf Ramsey's England squads with admiration. To have Coach Shulenberger adopt Sir Alf's long forgotten direct, pace and fitness base attacking style, and make it work, not only through recruiting the right players and getting the ladies to buy in to a system no one else runs, gives me an added sense of pride and joy. Just remember, Sir Alf's England team came into the 1966 World Cup with mixed results, but got things rolling, like the Cougs, and ran through Portugal, Argentina and Germany, the three best teams in the world on the way to winning the Cup, beating Germany 4-2 in the final. There are a ton of similarities between these Cougs and that England team.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better for recruiting if they were one of two Pac12 teams in the final four?
IMO, the Pac-12 is making a statement. If you want to compete against the best in the country then you come to the Pac-12. And WSU is a great option for you. I think four teams would have been better. Three is still good.

Having that woman announcer with the British accent just elevated everything. There should be a requirement that all soccer announcers have some sort of an accent. She could be reading the farm report and I might tune in ;)
Now I understand why I use Australian Siri rater than Silicone Valley Siri!

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
Soccer is a wonderful game and i am hoping for a Championship season. I played long ago and i enjoyed the great win.The coach and team deserves accolades for the best athletic achievement by a coug team in a very long time. The Final Four for this coug team The women s basketball team also showed good promise in the recent games against the best teams in the land. These are two superbly coached teams worthy of far more support than they have gotten.

Dear Diary,

Soccer is a wonderful game and i am hoping for a Championship season. I played long ago and i enjoyed the great win.The coach and team deserves accolades for the best athletic achievement by a coug team in a very long time. The Final Four for this coug team The women s basketball team also showed good promise in the recent games against the best teams in the land. These are two superbly coached teams worthy of far more support than they have gotten.

Reactions: taf88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT