ADVERTISEMENT

WR Calvin

Well i will say that Notre Dame or Nebraska will get his services but i could be wrong. It seems like the cougs cannot land 4 star WR s. A more likely one may be juco WR issac Zico but he is being pursued by Minnesota and Virginia Tech.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I agree, but it's questionable whether we have a good shot with his primary recruiter leaving. Assistant turnover is a pain in the ass in recruiting.

The showing by Falk in the Bowl game with the Pokemon scramble offense certainly did not help.These kids want to play exciting football with a good chance to win good bowl games.

The showing by Falk in the Bowl game with the Pokemon scramble offense certainly did not help.These kids want to play exciting football with a good chance to win good bowl games.

^^^^

FRESH TAKE ALERT!

Listen, if this kid doesn't realize that he'll have more targets at WSU in half a season than he will at Notre Dame or Nebraska in his entire career, then what can you do?

If you're a receiver and you want the ball in your hands, come to WSU.

Reactions: froropmkr72
you're right, we will never again win a good bowl game, or have a chance at a good game because of this one loss

You wise asses do realize that the cougs bowl offense was terrible ? The top flight recruitable receivers were certainly not awed by that version of the air raid. If i am an opposing coach i would certainly use that pathetic effort to denigrate the offense. The WR group is a weak unit which is amazing c,onsidering it is leach s offense which is considered a high powered passing offense. Leach needs to recruit better athletes and coach them up. To keep giving the reps to his little guys is not going to improve the team over the long run One now sees that Leach is going after WR s they have not recruited before. it is a mad scramble to identify and recruit WR s with some spreed. It is not enough to play everyone s favorite little slow receivers and expect to beat better defense. Of course,it is obvious but people get upset when it is pointed out to them .

Would be a good get, but I won't hold my breath when his other options are ND, Nebraska, and Alabama. Good players believe they can put up good number anywhere. And now he is talking about maybe visiting Oregon. So even if we do land him, he could switch to Oregon if he is wowed by the Nike bling.

Would be a good get, but I won't hold my breath when his other options are ND, Nebraska, and Alabama. Good players believe they can put up good number anywhere. And now he is talking about maybe visiting Oregon. So even if we do land him, he could switch to Oregon if he is wowed by the Nike bling.
Your'll all on the same page and you don't know it. Really good thread.

As Patrol says, if a WR wants to get opportunities to get catches, then he needs to go to an offense that throws the ball a lot. If the kid is good enough to catch and hold the ball, he will play for Leach. If on top of that he can do something after the catch, then he will play a lot.

As Patrol says, if a WR wants to get opportunities to get catches, then he needs to go to an offense that throws the ball a lot. If the kid is good enough to catch and hold the ball, he will play for Leach. If on top of that he can do something after the catch, then he will play a lot.

You're right. If you wanna make plays as a WR there is no other choice. If you wanna choose because you like an urban school or because of how many games the team won 20, 30, 50 years ago choose somewhere else.

PAC 12 passing and receiving records are going to fall and fall again by WSU players. There is no team in the conference currently or in the last 100 years that is going to put the ball into the air as much as WSU. True story. End of story.

That is the common logic. Yet the cougs have lost out on all of the WR s they cultivated and now are scrambling to find other backup players to fill the gaps for this year.That is never a good situation.

That is the common logic. Yet the cougs have lost out on all of the WR s they cultivated and now are scrambling to find other backup players to fill the gaps for this year.That is never a good situation.
"scrambling"? What in the hell gives you the impression the program is scrambling for, of all things, BACKUP WR players?

ElC, you make up more sh!t than a 16 year old, hormonal girl, sometimes.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
To answer your semi hystrical s. Buck up and face the facts One just has to look at the early WR commits who went elsewhere. Calvin will not come and other Wr like Green from Florida have committed elsewhere. So if you would take the time to take a close look at recruiting ,the cougs are just now just trying to recruit other Wrs including a couple of juco Wr s So quit taking your hormone pills and get a shot of testosterone my dear man

To answer your semi hystrical s. Buck up and face the facts One just has to look at the early WR commits who went elsewhere. Calvin will not come and other Wr like Green from Florida have committed elsewhere. So if you would take the time to take a close look at recruiting ,the cougs are just now just trying to recruit other Wrs including a couple of juco Wr s So quit taking your hormone pills and get a shot of testosterone my dear man
Will do. (gulp, ahhhhhh) Thanks. Feel much better... You're still making sh!t up... :) WSU is not scrambling any more than any other mid-tier school trying to ramp up the talent... Meaning just about every other school in FBS, minus the Top 10. And even then it would depend on the definition of "scrambling". So sure... we are scrambling... just like every other school... Very insightful.

We talk about this every year. One kid decommits and goes to another school. But then a kid from that school decommits because he thought HE was going to be the only stud WR (or whatever position) on the roster. So he opens up his recruiting. And so it goes round and round... You can slam the "scramble" or "panic" button if you wish... but you'd still be making sh!t up. The "skill positions" are always jumping around. This is nothing new.

We have had a string of 3 bowl games within the past 5 years (if I wanted to pad that stat, I'd say 4 years but whatever) that is parallel to some great, great seasons in our football history. We have won a whole bunch of games in the past 2 years to the point of beating out perennial programs in this little statistic. Which is something that we should be celebrating. Our program, by any definition, is on it's way up. And this board is filled with a bunch of Chicken Littles certain that we are bound for a 3-6 win season next year and a recruiting class that will rival Weber State. Criminy sakes this board is by-polar.

I think the recruiting failures, if you want to call them that, is due to losing so many WR coaches.

Morris, Simmons, Harrell, Yost, Sheppard.

Tough to get any momentum going.

Reactions: 425cougfan
If you are saying that Calvin is coming to WSU,i hope you are right, He will start immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT