ADVERTISEMENT

WSU Volleyball & other sports

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
2 things:
1. They are heading to the NCAA tourney. I believe the last time they were there was 2009. Greeny has had a slow build but she finally has brought the WSU volleyball program out of the depths.
2. And for her efforts, she has been named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year.

------------------
How are WSU sports in general doing?

-As pointed out above, volleyball is on their way up. NCAA tourney AND Coach of the Year, this year.
-The women's Basketball is doing well. The recruiting is up and I foresee them going far this year.
-The women's Soccer team, although down a bit this year, is doing well. I'll be watching them intently next year to see how they do.
-Our Rowing is a perennial force in the NCAA Tourney. It's unfortunate that they don't get the credit around the CAF circles. Very cool. They have struggled mightily in the past just getting enough funding for travel, facilities for their equipment, etc. etc.
-Cross Country Men's were seeded 18th and finished 14th in their Championship finale this year. Wow!! Nice!

Thought this a good opportunity to point out how well WSU sports are doing, now a days. And not to take away from the T&F, Golf, Tennis or Swimming programs. I know some aren't doing as well but I also don't know as much about them. When looking at the Sports Department in general, WSU is doing well!
#GoCougs!

Looks like VB has a good shot to advance but would most likely get #3 Wiscy on their floor next. Great year for them this year. Great start, fell off, then a solid finish. If they pass well they have a shot against a lot of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT