ADVERTISEMENT

WTF!!!???

I'm agree, it looks a little odd...but I truly believe this means the majority of Penn State still holds Joe Paterno in high regard. I.E. they are in denial about his cover up.

I'm agree, it looks a little odd...but I truly believe this means the majority of Penn State still holds Joe Paterno in high regard. I.E. they are in denial about his cover up.
Truth is they should have received the death penalty as they learned zip.

Truth is they should have received the death penalty as they learned zip.

Fans will always side with people or teams they love and ignore transgressions. husky fans still believe that the program that Don James ran was as pure as the driven snow ignoring the jobs for watching sprinklers turn on, car loans, etc.

To be fair, Jay Paterno was not involved in the Sandusky scandal.
my memory is fuzzy, but is he not the staffer who, after the fact, came out w/ info that he'd seen sandusky in the shower (not actually doing anything) w/ one of the kids from his org? i thought he was, but i could be way off.

my memory is fuzzy, but is he not the staffer who, after the fact, came out w/ info that he'd seen sandusky in the shower (not actually doing anything) w/ one of the kids from his org? i thought he was, but i could be way off.

No, it was not one of Joe Paterno's sons that saw them showering together. It was Michael McQueary, who said he saw Sandusky and the boy having sex in the shower. Still not sure why McQuery did not go into the shower and stop it right then and there. He should have rescued the boy and took him away instead of waiting until later and just reporting the incident to his superiors.

Penn State University should be closed. There is something very wrong with the place. Here is another story regarding PSU.

New details emerge in horrific Penn State fraternity death

"Eighteen Pennsylvania State University students and a former fraternity at the school are facing charges in connection with the death of Beta Theta Pi pledge Timothy Piazza, who died after falling down stairs at the frat house during a pledge ceremony, a prosecutor said this morning, as she released new details in how the deadly night unfolded."

Reading the complete story is sad and make me wonder how people can be so cold-hearted and idiotic.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Penn State University should be closed. There is something very wrong with the place. Here is another story regarding PSU.

"Eighteen Pennsylvania State University students and a former fraternity at the school are facing charges in connection with the death of Beta Theta Pi pledge Timothy Piazza, who died after falling down stairs at the frat house during a pledge ceremony, a prosecutor said this morning, as she released new details in how the deadly night unfolded."

Reading the complete story is sad and make me wonder how people can be so cold-hearted and idiotic.

There is a lack of control going on from the top. Shut the doors, start over in 10 years.

There is a lack of control going on from the top. Shut the doors, start over in 10 years.

I think we are talking about a combination of a couple of things. Lack of institutional control, certainly. But tone deaf public relations and living inside a rather hermetically sealed bubble are also involved. I have a good friend who is a PSU alum, and while he normally rational about most things, he is still in utter denial about what has happened (and is happening) at his alma mater. Maybe it is something in the water in Pennsylvania?

I think we are talking about a combination of a couple of things. Lack of institutional control, certainly. But tone deaf public relations and living inside a rather hermetically sealed bubble are also involved. I have a good friend who is a PSU alum, and while he normally rational about most things, he is still in utter denial about what has happened (and is happening) at his alma mater. Maybe it is something in the water in Pennsylvania?
They believe they are victims. The entire institution was complicit in allowing a monster to roam the campus complete with his own office. Nobody stepped up to put a stop to it. Instead the 'leaders' decided to let the money train continue to roll while innocent children continued to be abused and rape in and outside of PSU.

That anyone associated with this place isn't as horrified as most are is exactly why this crime was allowed to continue for decades.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Fans will always side with people or teams they love and ignore transgressions. husky fans still believe that the program that Don James ran was as pure as the driven snow ignoring the jobs for watching sprinklers turn on, car loans, etc.
1990, while I agree with your sentiment, I hope that WSU never gets so full of itself, with priorities so screwed up, that our Alumni/fans ever allow the blinders to be placed on themselves in this way. If something is wrong, I hope we call it such. I never... EVER... want anyone to say, "Yeah, WSU is acting just like UW did back in the Don James era." I'd literally lose my lunch mid-way through that sentence and then start burning my WSU gear.

And I agree with Ttown... at the very least it's the image of this hire but still... there are so many versions of "wrong" involved in this.

The frat story is a terrible story and a strong indictment of the Greek system in general. However, it's location on the Penn State campus has nothing to do with the Sandusky story. Fraternities around the country routinely end up being called out in stories like this and the culture of hazing is nothing new and not confined to Penn State. I hope that the guys in the story suffer the full consequences of the law and that lessons are learned around the country. I don't believe that it is appropriate to tie the two situations together. It's a terrible tale regardless of location and the cases are in no way related.

This is not like Baylor where the university has been involved in the cover-up of multiple crimes by a multitude of individuals over the course of a decade. As far as we know, Penn State is guilty of harboring and protecting Sandusky and deserves a tremendous amount of criticism for that, but I don't know that you can hold them accountable for what some drunk fools did off campus when the university acted swiftly once they had heard about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT