ADVERTISEMENT

My bet Pete Carroll gets back at USC...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
....about the only place that would allow him to coach into his 80's. I think the guy wants to be the next Joe Paterno.

Too old. It will take youth and energy to take all those cross country flights....

Too old. It will take youth and energy to take all those cross country flights....

Watch his interview today. The guy has a ton of energy, he wants to coach and USC thinks he walks on water. It'll be sometime next season if SC starts to slide is my bet.

Wait for it! as the kids say....

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
The official press release said that they are keeping Carroll on staff as an advisor?
A nice way of saying you have been fired but make it sound like it was a mutual decision and that you weren’t fired .

A nice way of saying you have been fired but make it sound like it was a mutual decision and that you weren’t fired .
And the Seahawks get a little ambassador work out of him for the remainder of his contract.

I don't disagree. I was just pointing out that his return to college football appears to be unlikely in the short term.

Might never happen either. He just seems like the guy that wants to be the next JoePa. It might not be SC, but I think he wants to be a head coach.

Who knows with Pete, he does have a lot of energy for 72, he makes 8 million a year, doesn't need the money needless to say. I think his biggest personal issue is he just coached his last game and didn't know it. So for that reason he might find a place to coach, just so he can finish on his own terms, but he has to accept the fact he won't be paid near that much. Not sure any NFL team would hire him at that age, since it takes a while to get your system in place College is the one area that works to his advantage with the NIL and Portal, The argument "he won't be there much longer" doesn't really matter any more since everyone has such short term thinking on how long players stay some place, and he could round up some talent quickly. I think he should call it quits and enjoy the rest of his life stress free, and his chances of coaching again are probably less than 50/50, and is age is against him, but I am not sure Pete lives that way, I am sure he wants to coach, it's what he is.

DeBoer could very well be the next coach at Bama.
Pete to uw? Crazier things have happened.

Didn’t Pete leave USC under some controversy involving some former players like Reggie Bush?

Didn’t Pete leave USC under some controversy involving some former players like Reggie Bush?
Yes, but with NIL and a HUGE CAMPAIGN to give Reggie back his Heisman, that history has been washed under the carpet.

Last edited:
Doesn't Dabo

Yes, but with NIL and a HUGE CAMPAIGN to give Reggie back his Heisman, that history has been washed under the carpet.
They got rid of carpets in the USC AD's office. Nobody there cares enough about ethics to bother with sweeping anything.

An Advisor position. Isn’t that like, sit over there and don’t touch nothing until it’s time to go home. Or a quiet way of saying thank you for your services, you’re fired but not really fired. Save face for both parties involved

An Advisor position. Isn’t that like, sit over there and don’t touch nothing until it’s time to go home. Or a quiet way of saying thank you for your services, you’re fired but not really fired. Save face for both parties involved
It's pretty clear from his quotes the day prior, where he gave no indication he wanted to stop coaching the club, that he basically was canned. They framed it as a mutual decision and gave him the advisor role to let him save some face and for the club to get some benefits from having him help give some advice on maintaining culture, helping with a smooth transition, etc.

If he got a real coaching opportunity that he was excited about, which would probably include something like the USC job, that bullshit advisor role wouldn't even be given any thought in his decision about whether to take it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT